The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elden Hollows Regular - set at lv 26

Malzeroth
Malzeroth
I was just curious about Elden Hollows spawns. A buddy and myself have been duoing dungeons thus far. We have had difficulties here and there, but we have made it through four without too much trouble. The first three and Wayrest sewers. We did skip the Rat King, so far, as our healing/aoe/dps was just not enough to keep up yet.

Elden Hollows... OMG either we are doing something really wrong or the pulls are just huge! Almost every room was 10-12 mobs it seemed. We didn't even make it to the first boss. We took a whoppin'! We made it to a large room in the SE corner of the map, but there were at least three healers among the dozen or so mobs.
ON-map-Elden_Hollow_1.jpg

So is Elden Hollows an anomaly with regard to spawn size or are we pulling rooms wrong? We seem to get the whole room every time. I tried a couple different pulls but we seem to get them all.

Edited by Malzeroth on April 13, 2015 5:01AM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EH definitely goes for quantity as well as quality. Also, they like to sneak some bosses in the middle of the mobs from time to time, so be on the lookout for named enemies, and focus the healers...

A little CC goes a long way. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jOk8dk-qaU
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on April 14, 2015 3:12PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malzeroth wrote: »
    I was just curious about Elden Hollows spawns. A buddy and myself have been duoing dungeons thus far. We have had difficulties here and there, but we have made it through four without too much trouble. The first three and Wayrest sewers. We did skip the Rat King, so far, as our healing/aoe/dps was just not enough to keep up yet.

You need to interrupt the Rat King. He will start waving his hands around and red lines will radiate out of him. Bash him immediately when that happens, or use a skill with an interrupt, like Crushing Shock or Venom Arrow. I believe interrupting him like this slows the skeever adds and prevents you from getting overwhelmed by adds. But I have not done normal Wayrest in a while and may be remembering incorrectly!