Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Flipping the Coin missing part of the quest since 1.6

Isbilen
Isbilen
✭✭✭✭✭
After 1.6, the part where you get the Hollow Moon Garb and steal from the merchants seems to have been removed / gone missing. Anyone else had this issue?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe related to this Patch Note:
    Flipping the Coin: [...] We also removed some faux-Justice elements of the quest.
    Seems like they didn't want to make that section part of Justice, so took it out altogether. A shame really, I liked that bit of the quest... also, considering the Hollow Moon basis for this part, I think they could have left it and kept it exempt from Justice.

Edit: Do you still have to distribute stolen goods to whoever you think needs them?
    Edited by Enodoc on April 13, 2015 11:17AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Maybe related to this Patch Note:
    Flipping the Coin: [...] We also removed some faux-Justice elements of the quest.
    Seems like they didn't want to make that section part of Justice, so took it out altogether. A shame really, I liked that bit of the quest... also, considering the Hollow Moon basis for this part, I think they could have left it and kept it exempt from Justice.

Edit: Do you still have to distribute stolen goods to whoever you think needs them?

That's definitely it. It's a shame, because I deleted the Hollow Moon Garb disguise from my inventory a few months back because the hat was so ugly, but now that it's possible to hide, the disguise looks great.

And no, you don't have to distribute goods anymore. The quest is super short, and you just talk to the cat, run down in the tomb, do the 30 sec puzzle and go back upstairs. Done.
  • Zensonar
    Zensonar
    ✭✭✭
    Damn. I was really hoping to get the disguise. I kept resetting the quest because I thought it might have been a bug or something. Oh well. I guess it's not likely that the devs will include it again.
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zensonar wrote: »
    Damn. I was really hoping to get the disguise. I kept resetting the quest because I thought it might have been a bug or something. Oh well. I guess it's not likely that the devs will include it again.

Same here. I've got the disguise on two characters before, but I trashed them because the hat was so ugly. Now that the hide helmet option works on it it looks amazing :(
  • Asys
    Asys
    ✭✭✭✭
    yaaaawn ESO yaaaaaaaaawn
    I need TP for my ***!
  • NinjaApacHe
    NinjaApacHe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fortunately I kept the disguise, but it's a shame they did it.
    CP 2120+Lord Yakhin- Magicka NB - High Elf - DC Jack Templar - Stamina Templar - Dark Elf - DC Darth Morbius - Stamina Sorcerer - Dark Elf - DC Bloody Merril - Stamina Vampire NB - Redguard - DC Master Kun - Stamina DK - Redguard - DC Exarch Kun - Magicka Vampire NB - High Elf - DC Ace Bollah - Stamina Warden - Dark Elf - DC Icy Jack - Stamina Warden - Nord - DC Prior Tedas - Stamina NB - High Elf - DC 10 traits Woodworker - lvl 50 Enchanter - lvl 50 Alchemist - 10 traits Clothier & Smither - 10 traits jewelcrafterProud member of the Band of Daggers - www.bandofdaggers.eu
  • GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warning: DO NOT TRAVEL TO REDFUR TRADING POST if you have the Hollow Moon Garb equipped. It will immediately disappear from your character and your inventory. This just happened to me tonight after accidentally traveling to a friend who was at Redfur Trading Post. And I had that garb since April 2014... *sighs*

I put in a ticket, for all the good that will do. But for the rest who were lucky enough to get the disguise before ZOS destroyed this quest and the awesome disguise that came with it, take heed! Keep it safe in your inventory and avoid Redfur at all costs!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got a reply from customer support.. and yep, it was just as I feared..

"Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Team.

I understand that there are a lot of player that like to collect disguises in the game, and I hate to deny your request.
    The "Hollow Moon Garb" disguise from the quest, "Flipping the Coin", was removed in patch 1.6 and is no longer obtainable.

If you have lost it I am sorry but there is no way I can recover that item for you.

I apologize for the inconvenience"

So yes, let me reiterate my warning: STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM REDFUR if you're wearing that disguise, and better yet, avoid Grahtwood all together!!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the warning! I have a dark elf character that wears this costume regularly to hide vampirism.
    Sorry for your loss /comfort :(