Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are cyrodiil treasure maps worth doing?

Teridaxus
Teridaxus
✭✭✭✭✭
Are cyrodiil treasure maps worth doing as veteran 14?
That place is big and enemy players are everywhere. Do those chests offer anything valueable or should i sell them?

Best Answer

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally have only actually found a couple Cyrodiil treasures... to me they were not anything spectacular - loot wasn't any better than normal treasure maps. I still do treasure maps as I enjoy looking for them.. but the loot is meh.

Possibly others have had different experiences.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the loot is scaled to VR12 now (it was probably VR5 before)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I never paid attention to the level I guess.. but I also haven't found a Cyrodiil one for awhile. I thought any loot found via treasure map scaled to you? I could very easily be wrong, as I mentioned, usually the loot isn't worth a second look to me.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

I never paid attention to the level I guess.. but I also haven't found a Cyrodiil one for awhile. I thought any loot found via treasure map scaled to you? I could very easily be wrong, as I mentioned, usually the loot isn't worth a second look to me.
    I believe that any soul gems found scale to your level, while any loot scales to the level of the zone. I could be wrong, though.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scales to the level of the zone. My VR6 has picked up L7 and L14 items from chests in Auridon and Grahtwood. Now I send the maps to those characters who are going to be the highest in level for that zone (IE, the ones doing Caldwells Gold which is only one right now so I am sitting on a bunch of maps)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"