Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RudolfRandom
Edited by RudolfRandom on February 18, 2016 7:23PM
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which fans, case or gfx card? Likely it's the gfx card fan, in which case the only way is to reduce the graphics level .. or buy a card with an adequately-designed cooling system I guess.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on April 10, 2015 6:17AM
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ........nah, too easy. :trollface:

Anyway, if you're fans get really loud like that when running something graphics intensive like a video game, it means your graphics card either has a really crappy cooling system or isn't powerful enough to do what you're asking it to do. Either way, you're likely overheating your card, which will cost you eventually one way or another.
    Edited by Glurin on April 10, 2015 6:37AM
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • RudolfRandom
    My graphics card is called Intel Iris Pro. Is that a good or bad graphics card?
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a notebook card so I suppose it's your notebook fans that are getting loud. There isn't much you can do about it besides a cooling pad like this:

http://www.legitreviews.com/thermaltake-launches-massive-v20-laptop-cooling-pad-20_127454

However keep in mind that the effect will be marginal at most unless your laptop lies completely flat against the table.

The best thing to do would be to get a mini gaming pc, a better gaming laptop that is not minimalistic (Asus ROG laptops have good cooling but are heavy, big and expensive) or wait for the console release.

Laptop gaming unfortunately is plagued by fan noise problems and the laptops out there that do not have this issue sacrifice portability for a good cooling solution.

Or, you can play with headphones.
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you a rockstar?
  • RudolfRandom
    pronkg wrote: »
    Are you a rockstar?

Haha, see what you did there :wink:
  • RudolfRandom
    Zargorius wrote: »
    It's a notebook card so I suppose it's your notebook fans that are getting loud.

Its actually a macbook pro Im playing on, I know macs arent good for gaming but I use it for school stuff
  • RudolfRandom
    Zargorius wrote: »

However keep in mind that the effect will be marginal at most unless your laptop lies completely flat against the table.

What do you mean by that?
  • tcgoetzub17_ESO
    Hi, is there a way to get my fans to not run so much while I'm playing? It's so frustrating that I can't hear the game because my fans are too loud. Please help me

Use over the ear headphones.

When I play the game and transcode video at the same time, my watercooler spools up and sounds like a jet. Wearing over the ear headphones I don't notice.
    Rhurruck Redblade, EP, AL 28 NB, Azura (was Thornblade, was Wabba)
    exPride, MDBA, Original Wabba Gansters
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a MacBook Pro as well and yes, the fan is almost constant even with the cooling pad/external fans. I went to headphones with a mic. Doesn't bother me anymore.

You could try sending the audio and video to a HDTV for more gain/output.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My graphics card is called Intel Iris Pro. Is that a good or bad graphics card?

What can help you is to get a Laptop Cooling Pad. They are not expensive, less than $30. Get one with larger fans as they move more air at lower RPM so they are quieter. By having this move air through the laptop, the internal fans don't have to crank up as much as if they are trying to move the air by themselves.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_18?url=search-alias=computers&field-keywords=laptop+cooling+pad&sprefix=laptop+cooling+pad,aps,279

What the other poster said about the laptop needing to be flat on the surface just means the laptop has to be flat on the cooling pad for most benefit. The cooling pad does not need to be flat against the surface, so you can put something at the back to tip it up, if you need to do that. Don't know why, I have never seen anyone tilt the bottom of their laptop. (its not good for your wrists, can cause carpal tunnel)
    Edited by Nestor on April 10, 2015 4:46PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"