The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Kill my map please

dfwmikey74
dfwmikey74
✭✭
I am looking for someone to create an addon that kills the map completely and allows me to draw my own map in game. This would have to include removing the symbols for the discovered locations and the pointer showing my own location on the map, I would have to figure out where I was for myself. It would need to include the ability to actually draw lines on a blank canvas, whatever is leftover from removing the built in map.

I currently use the TrueExploration mod, but I'm looking for something a little more intense. I have little experience in modding and no actual experience in programming. A big thanks to anyone that could accomplish this.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pen & paper, you're welcome.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
    Options
  • dfwmikey74
    dfwmikey74
    ✭✭
    Actually, that's a good idea. Though I do have a problem loosing paper, I'll have to try that the next time I play.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nvm
    Edited by MissBizz on April 9, 2015 2:06AM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dfwmikey74 wrote: »
    Actually, that's a good idea. Though I do have a problem loosing paper, I'll have to try that the next time I play.

That is about as immersion as you get. Just keep a notebook, it's harder to lose a notebook than a stray page.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
    Options
  • dfwmikey74
    dfwmikey74
    ✭✭
    OH, I have lots of notebooks. I like to keep info on various games. My problem is I usually can't remember which notebook has which info. I think I'll need to buy a new, blank papered notepad to keep track of TESO.
    Options
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    While I think this would be interesting idea, its not doable without out of game tools. To make something drawn and placed into the game you need to make .dds texture files :(. I could make a map replacement add-on for some or all maps (there quite many of them), but, you would have to paint/Draw texture files outside of the game.
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author
    Options