The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No xp and no loot

Rhajin
Rhajin
So when ever I try to do dungeons in this game with a group of 4 all within 3 or 5 lvls of each other sometimes even 1 I get such little XP they are not even worth doing and its my first time running the dungeon, I'm talking about like 40-60 xp a mob kill and I'm lvl 40. Its been happening ever since lvl 12. Some dungeons are so bugged even that I get absolutely no XP at all and no loot. Nothing at all not a damn thing. Why are dungeons in this game so broken? I really want to lvl through dungeons sometimes cause I get sick of questing, but that's not even an option right now in this game.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try to find group leader lvl 40+, not 20-30lvl.
    Group dungeons level scaling by your group leader level.
    Edited by LameoveR on April 8, 2015 10:12PM
  • Rhajin
    Rhajin
    LameoveR wrote: »
    Try to find group leader lvl 40+, not 20-30lvl.
    Group dungeons level scaling by your group leader level.

You didn't read the whole post did you? I said everyone is within 3 or 5 or sometimes 1 lvl of each other and the xp is still in the 40-60s or no xp at all...
  • Rhajin
    Rhajin
    No one else is having this problem? I can't be the only one getting such *** XP from dungeons..
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well.... part of the problem could be skill. My understanding is that besides the level disparity, there are also differences based on how much damage each person contributes to the battle (with healing counting double, so if you have a lowbie - let them be the healer and they will get a sort of boost).

One thing you could try would be to use Foundry Tactical Combat and get the play by play display of how much XP you are getting. Then try different combat combinations (varying the amount of damage you are doing relative to the rest of the group) and see if that has any effect.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed as a tank I get reasonable amounts of Xp, I usually gain half-three quarters of a level, sometimes a full level if I haven't done the quest yet.
  • Rhajin
    Rhajin
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Well.... part of the problem could be skill. My understanding is that besides the level disparity, there are also differences based on how much damage each person contributes to the battle (with healing counting double, so if you have a lowbie - let them be the healer and they will get a sort of boost).

One thing you could try would be to use Foundry Tactical Combat and get the play by play display of how much XP you are getting. Then try different combat combinations (varying the amount of damage you are doing relative to the rest of the group) and see if that has any effect.

I've taken a mob away from my group and did 100% of the damg to it and it's still the same 40-60 xp or I just spam all my AOE hitting all the enemy and doing just as much if not more damg then anyone else and it's still the same..
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    Just making sure, but the dungeon is within 3 levels of you right? If it's too low or too high your not gonna get exp from it.

P.S. Dungeon exp is just fine for me.
    "Real courage is not to give up hope, even in the most terrible darkness, and to carry on." -The Sight by David Clement-Davies
  • Ygaer
    Ygaer
    The way it works is pretty simple. If everyone in the group is close in level (like 3-4 levels from lowest to highest, I don't know the exact number when this changes) then everyone will get xp even if they do nothing. You can just stand there and get xp. However, if someone in the group is a much higher level (like 5+? Maybe 4+? I don't know the exact number) then a mechanic comes into play where you must do some % of damage/healing to a mob/other players to get xp for that kill, including bosses.

I've tanked dungeon runs when I was vr1 and had some vr10 DPS along to make it faster, and I wouldn't get xp/loot on boss kills because I wasn't doing enough damage to it before it died. However if it was just vr1-4 players, then I could literally stand there and do nothing and get full xp/loot. It's just a function of who's in your group and if the level disparity is large, then how much you contribute.
    Ygaer Meister - AD