Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What now?

roses1241
roses1241
I've just finished the Main Quest (As of now) and I'm not sure what else there is to do. I've roamed around the world looking for quests to do etc. I'm Level 45 and can't find anywhere to grind to finally reach VR. As it's difficult to find nonVR pledges.
Any suggestions on what to do?
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    You killed Molag Bal at 45 on your first play through? After Cold Harbor is Caldwell's Silver. There's an icon on your journal listing that shows the quests that need to be done in each zone to complete it.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • roses1241
    roses1241
    Yeah i killed him at 45 on my first play through :smiley:
    I'm not finding it in my journal listings
  • roses1241
    roses1241
    Any other options?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Cadwell's Silver is not in your quest list, head to the zone's main city, and it should start when you get there. Out of curiosity, if you've completed the Main Quest at 45, what level were you when you completed the AD story in Dune and got Messages Across Tamriel?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • roses1241
    roses1241
    I did it right as it popped up, I did all the quests Vanus came to me right away.
    So I was 43 when I did Messages.
    Is it uncommon to beat Molag at 45? I thought a lot of people have around that level.
  • Molagent
    Molagent
    ✭✭
    roses1241 wrote: »
    I've just finished the Main Quest (As of now) and I'm not sure what else there is to do. I've roamed around the world looking for quests to do etc. I'm Level 45 and can't find anywhere to grind to finally reach VR. As it's difficult to find nonVR pledges.
    Any suggestions on what to do?
    That's because you don't grind to it. The quest to kill Molag Bal if I remember right and I'm sure I do is a lv 50 quest. Molag Bal is one of the toughest bosses for anyone who isn't a tanking or DPS built DK. It made me regret my entire DW/RS build I used on my NB so badly it actually brought me to tears. My first time with him there were no guides or anything like there is now, that stuff did NOT exist like it does now.. MA/HA armor...And I was a vampire bosmer. Fire...Fire is just on bad terms with me. 29 tries...Man that hurt. Then I saw City of Ash!
    I did it right as it popped up, I did all the quests Vanus came to me right away.
    So I was 43 when I did Messages.
    Is it uncommon to beat Molag at 45? I thought a lot of people have around that level.
    To my knowledge you shouldn't even get the quest till you're level 50 and in Coldharbour and at that he's pretty damn draining to kill. Easy for DKs, but anyone else especially anyone rolling MA, or LA armor it can be like an interrogation. It was extremely unpleasant for me to do the times I did. I'm almost 100% positive this is all trolling too.
    "Happiness is foolishness I don't care for. When a scientist discovers something new that person would be willing to die to uncover the result of it. In that moment there is no happiness but an obsessiveness with interest. And it is with great pleasure I say I am not, nor ever desire to be happy, but take luxury and with sense of halcyon that I am interesting."
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get the quest before 50. Happened on my most recent too .. You just have to finish the main cold harbour quests to get it.

Are you SURE it was the final quest, molag himself?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Molagent
    Molagent
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    You can get the quest before 50. Happened on my most recent too .. You just have to finish the main cold harbour quests to get it.

Are you SURE it was the final quest, molag himself?
    About 100% sure....
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/elder-scrolls-online/God_of_Schemes_-_Final_Quest_and_Final_Boss_Battle

Again though that might have changed, I don't know I haven't played since 2 months after launch and that's how it was then.
    "Happiness is foolishness I don't care for. When a scientist discovers something new that person would be willing to die to uncover the result of it. In that moment there is no happiness but an obsessiveness with interest. And it is with great pleasure I say I am not, nor ever desire to be happy, but take luxury and with sense of halcyon that I am interesting."
  • roses1241
    roses1241
    2zehw5e.png

wjt000.png

Not trolling..
    Obviously i've leveled once since February
    Time stamp in the corner.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not trolling..
    Obviously i've leveled once since February
    Time stamp in the corner.

Go to The Harborage and talk to Caldwell
    Edited by Bouvin on April 10, 2015 12:15AM
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    You've completely finished coldharbour right? If you have, then what you can do is just find a good spot to grind in coldharbour and get to level 50, I did that with my vet2 sorc when I defeated Molag at level 46.

Also, it doesn't matter what class you are, I did Molag with both a NB in MA DW/Bow easily, and then again with my Sorc LA DS/RS, you just have to know how to play your character, and have abilities that let you get away, be able to stun, get the most out of your damage, etc if your DPS. If your a tank/healer, again you just have to know how to play your character.
    Edited by SilvyrNixe on April 13, 2015 3:42PM
    "Real courage is not to give up hope, even in the most terrible darkness, and to carry on." -The Sight by David Clement-Davies