Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VR12 Templar cannot pick up a low level quest

Sandmanninja
Sandmanninja
✭✭✭✭
I have a DC Templar VR12. This was not my original main. As such, I didn't seek out every achieve or title for him.
However, I absolutely love playing my Templar so I'm going back to the earlier zones and completing quests and achieves.

Problem:
In Stormhaven, I am missing 2 quests from the Questing achieve for the region.
On my map, I can see 2 or 3 uncovered areas. I have looked the quests up for them (thanks dulfy.net!).
I go all around where the quest givers are meant to be, but they are no where to be found.
They are the quests where you kill the bugs just outside of Wayrest and the one south-west of Wayrest (the villa where you need an invite to get in).
I've done these quests on my other toons but they simply are not available on my Templar.
And without those 2 quests, I won't be able to get Stormhaven Quest achieve, which means I won't be able to get Daggerfall Hero, which means I won't be able to get Tamerial Hero.

So I'm a little devastated.
@ZOS_GinaBruno, can you point me to a resource or help me please? If I could just get the quests placed into my quest log, then problem solved!

Thanking you
[Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Carraig
    Carraig
    ✭✭✭
    Every zone has more quests than there are needed for the achievement. Some are of the beaten path, most dungeons have a quest, some become available after a certain action, like rescueing one of the threatened merchants near Wayrest.

I don't think level is a problem; I was harvesting low level mats with my VR14 for an alt in Glenumbra once and found a quest I apparently missed many months ago. I was still able to pick it up and do it. (I know it is way too easy, but I hate loose ends)
    Knight-Captain of the Tamriel's Elite Sentinels ( EU server-PC)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought I'd posted on this one already...

I'm not sure why you can't get the Dreughside quest, unless you've already completed half of it, since the quest givers for that one are found all around the area. Try looking around the ponds just outside the village and see if there's any quest giver there.

For at-Tura Estate, you need to make sure you've completed all the quests at Pariah Abbey first, as it's the last one of those I think that gives you the invite.

UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got this official reply from a GM:

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited team. We're sorry to hear you're having trouble picking up quests to finish your achievements. When you complete a zone, this will disable your ability to complete other quests as you have progressed to a part of the storyline where that quest is not longer applicable. If there are specific quests that you need to complete, I would grouping with another player who is currently on that quest so they can share the quest with you, then you can complete the quest together.

Warm Regards,
    Taryn
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Team

Ugh....

Looks like I'm gonna have to sweet-talk my wife into starting a low level toon and follow her around the DC areas...

Thanks for the replies
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited team. We're sorry to hear you're having trouble picking up quests to finish your achievements. When you complete a zone, this will disable your ability to complete other quests as you have progressed to a part of the storyline where that quest is not longer applicable. If there are specific quests that you need to complete, I would grouping with another player who is currently on that quest so they can share the quest with you, then you can complete the quest together.

Warm Regards,
    Taryn

Ugh....

Looks like I'm gonna have to sweet-talk my wife into starting a low level toon and follow her around the DC areas...

Thanks for the replies

That is really odd.. I went back to Malabol Tor/Reaper's March with my toon when I was VR7/8 and was able to pick up quests :S I just had a hard time fisning some because I had already done the first portion of the quest, so they weren't where the quest chain technically started.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure either. I'm really disappointed. I was very careful to be thorough with my old Main - clearing an entire zone until the dolmens, world bosses, POIs, delves and quests were all done for it. I just didn't do it for an 'alt'.

I have walked around and around, starting in the top left, going down, going to the right, going up, working my way to the bottom right corner of the map. no quests are available to me but I have some black quest hubs on my map still. :(

It's easier walking around with my wife's toon than starting a new Templar and leveling it to vr14...
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Thought I'd posted on this one already...

I'm not sure why you can't get the Dreughside quest, unless you've already completed half of it, since the quest givers for that one are found all around the area. Try looking around the ponds just outside the village and see if there's any quest giver there.

For at-Tura Estate, you need to make sure you've completed all the quests at Pariah Abbey first, as it's the last one of those I think that gives you the invite.
    Right, after you clear the Abby, they send you to the king who will give you the invite.

I just started that one. If you're on later tonight I can try and share it with you. I just completed the Dreughside one, but I have a second DC character close to it. @Drio

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    nice!! I'll be on in about 9 hours from the time of this post (I'm in Australia and am at work at the moment).
    My username is @Sandmanninja
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nice!! I'll be on in about 9 hours from the time of this post (I'm in Australia and am at work at the moment).
    My username is @Sandmanninja
    That's a bit of a stretch, you're lucky I'm on the US west coast. I can be up till 1 AM my time, but don't be late.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Warm Regards,
    Taryn

Ugh....

Thanks for the replies
    No offense to the GM, but that's a load of tripe. There will never be a situation where completing quests stops you from turning a black location white*. The worst case is that some of the "pointer quests" that take you from one location to the next are not available, because you've already done the quest in the location that it's pointing to. Specifically regarding Dreughside and at-Tura Estate, the former is a side quest, so completion of the zone storyline is not relevant, and the latter is part of the zone story chain itself, so it's not possible to complete the zone without doing it.
    * Bleakrock and Bal Foyen may be an exception, which I'll need to check
    Edited by Enodoc on April 8, 2015 11:48PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that advice from that GM was a bit off. You can contact customer service on the web and ask them to provide you with a list of uncompleted quests for that zone, which might help with picking them up. One of my friends just got that kind of help so you should be able to do that as well.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kind of important detail forgot to check, are you NA or EU. I'm on NA.
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    #1) A HUGE thank you to Drio. He added me as a friend and kept a toon parked on that quest just to help me out. I follow Drio around as they went from quest objective to quest objective. At each stage, I was asked "Is there a quest for you yet?" Then suddenly.... a quest guy appeared!! It was the guy sitting on top of a rock. We then quested together for a bit, got that section completed and that was one quest down.

I followed Drio to the King, no quest so it was shared to me and I could accept it!

With that bit of assistance, I completed the Stormhaven part of my quest achievement and got a skill point. I'm now a VR13 questing through Rivenspire (and soon to be Al'kir).

I did SOME quests but was just sticking to the main story. As I outleveled the quests, I moved to a different zone.

Never again!

I've gotten 2 skill points in Rivenspire since going back.

Thanks again Drio!
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    I thought that advice from that GM was a bit off. You can contact customer service on the web and ask them to provide you with a list of uncompleted quests for that zone, which might help with picking them up. One of my friends just got that kind of help so you should be able to do that as well.

That's good to know! Adding this to my notes
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad to help.