The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cannot get City at the Spire quest to move to Kragenmoor

Ageless
Ageless
✭✭✭
I've just finished Fort Virak, defeated General Serien, talked to Holgunn about that. He keeps mentioning Kragenmoor, but for the life of me I do not get the quest to City at the Spire from him. Or it doesn't activate. I've already relogged, I've fully exited ESO and restarted it. I have done a side quest in the mean time, come back to talk to Holgunn again, same lines are there but no quest is given.

There's nothing I can abandon either, as I have no quest line for Stonefalls anymore. Unless I have to abandon the Cadwell's Silver Quest somehow, but a) never gonna happen as I'm not starting all that anew, and b) it can't be done anyway.

Just wondering, does anyone else have the same problem off late on the NA server?
This quest was already somewhat bugged as earlier when I needed to go into the Keep, the door sign was there, it showed the E for the handling of the door, but no matter how much I pressed E, no door would open. Took a relog there as well to get into the Keep.

Is there otherwise any other way than through Holgunn to get to the Kragenmoor quests?

Thanks.
Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I think so. You should be able to go directly to Kragenmoor and get the quest from there. Quest-giver Omin Dres should be inside the Grandmaster's Palace.
    Make sure also that you've already completed Ash Mountain and Vivec's Antlers in the Almanac, as they are prerequisite to Kragenmoor.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Yes I think so. You should be able to go directly to Kragenmoor and get the quest from there. Quest-giver Omin Dres should be inside the Grandmaster's Palace..
    Thank you for that hint. That fixed my problem of being Questless. :smile:
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• J6B
    J6B
    sorry for necroing, but need some help since Wiki doesn't point me where I need to go - cant find Holgunn in Fort Virak to give me the quest to go to Kragenmoor & that's the only Cadwell's Silver in Stonefalls that I need completing ( maybe meet up somewhere or something?) ... I trashed the quest a while back & couldn't remember where I left it off.

Quest-giver Omin Dres should be inside the Grandmaster's Palace (is that the Dres's manor?) if so, I cant get in.

HALP?!
    Edited by J6B on April 25, 2017 11:41PM
  • AndyRH
    AndyRH
    Holgunn doesn't give a quest as such. He just tells you to go to Kragenmoor to talk to the NPC for the next stage after you've completed the final fight of the Fort Virak questline.

I had the same problem and my character is a Pact-based one - I just went to Kragenmoor, entered the House Dres building and the NPC had a quest indicator above his head.
  • J6B
    J6B
    cant get into the house Dres' building - its greyed out.

as for the final fight - I got the achievement for it "General Serien's Demise" & don't know where to go now , am watching a YouTube atm & see where I should go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0dPHNiryVY
    this video helps a lot right now - found the NPC Duryn Beleran to start Aggressive Negotiations quest.

tyvm.
    Edited by J6B on April 26, 2017 3:46AM
  • AndyRH
    AndyRH
    Just watched the video you embedded in your post.
    I didn't get a quest from Holgunn and I didn't talk to any other NPCs before getting to talk to Grandmaster Omin Dres, and continuing the quests.

Very strange...
  • Rulerkelso
    Sorry for the necro, but I stumbled on similar problem today. I completed General demise quest, but I got no other quest in the area. Wiki says Holgrunn should give the next quest after completion of the previous. He just said something about second brother of strife and that I should go to Kragenoor, but no quest whatever. I also tried to go to Kragenoor directly.
    Edited by Rulerkelso on October 22, 2017 10:42AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, Holgunn really is just torn up by grief and can't bear to hand out that quest.

You'll basically want to skip over this quest and head straight to Kragenmoor to pick up the next quest in the line "Agressive Negotiations." The two quest givers are Duryn Beleran or Grandmaster Omin Dres. The Grandmaster is super easy to find because he's in his palace, the biggest building in Kragenmoor. Talk to him, and he should help you deal with your mutual problem of Tanval Indoril.

If you need more details: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Aggressive_Negotiations

Hope that helps! Good luck with saving Stonefalls!
  • Rulerkelso
    Thanks for your answer, it really worked.
    Another region saved from another cataclysm. Yay :D
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! I'm glad that fixed it for you. Stonefalls is saved!