Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB magika tank 5spectre/4 whitestrake

Evangelseven
Evangelseven
Soul Shriven
Hi guys, as a new vr1 I am looking at crafting a new heavy set so I can practice and use until vr6 +. After reading mostly about 5 hist/4 whitestrake I was looking at better stats centred around magika. I felt that the spectre 5 piece bonus better caters to a nb style of play, even though it is harder to acquire. I understand a new set probably isn't required so early, but felt it would be a good idea to lock down my play style. This is all heavy with 1h + shield.

I feel the 20% dodge on spectre considering the below skills I use is better then the 18% on block. I have also considered footman's instead of whitestrake but was not sure it offered better stats as a 4 piece.

My setup is:
Lotus Fan (aoe pull) or pierce armor (boss)
Degeneration
Swallow Soul
Refreshing Path
Siphoning Strikes
Ult: Veil of Blades

Any advice if this idea is viable?
Thanks
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think Hist Bark is better. Footman's is only available at VR13-14, unless you complete the Dragonstar Arena before that.

If you're using 1H+Shield on both bars, I'd suggest using different amounts of set pieces on each bar.
    Bar 1: 5x Hist 4x Whitestrake (stay on it most of the time)
    Bar 2: 4x Hist 5x Whitestrake (switch when your health is low and get back to bar 1 when the shield procs at 30% HP)
    Wololo.