Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mouse and Keyboard(Input) Lag....Help PLZ!

demichaelnewby
demichaelnewby
Soul Shriven
When I've been playing recently there is a massive delay from keyboard/mouse to my movement. I have a USB mouse on my laptop, but I have a G71Gx laptop with a touchpad that also doesn't work. I have searched everything from mouse acceleration to not allowing my mouse to be turned off in power saving mode. This happened briefly with Skyrim when i first got it, but for some reason never happened again. ANY advice would be appreciated!
  • demichaelnewby
    demichaelnewby
    Soul Shriven
    It's also not my RAM, I have 6 working Gigs
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From your comment, I can't tell if your using the keyboard on the laptop or not so I will assume you are. If your mouse is a wireless USB then that could be the issue. If they are both wired into your laptop via USB, then are you using wireless internet?

Anything connected via "wireless" can cause delays with the game. My wife used to run a wireless keyboard and mouse on on her hard wired(Internet) computer and while they are excellent for general computer use, they aren't as "responsive" as a hardwired keyboard and mouse.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other thing to be aware of is your commands are accepted on keyboard key release, not press. (I think the mouse is on press, it seems that way). So, you could look at your keyboard settings and perhaps tweak the repeat rate or other things if they are off from the normal ranges.

Background apps taking focus can also cause this.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"