Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need Help Sorc PvE Vet content build

threesnap
threesnap
Hey guys,
I desperately need some help. I've been gone for months and just came back, and started playing my Vet 3-4 Sorc. I'm wanting to do the PvE content in the other factions zones. But My build Is sucking so bad i guess, because it seams like every other mob I pull kills me.

Can someone give me a solid PvE build that I can use. Atm I'm using destro and healing staff. with 5 light and 2 medium armor. My char is a vamp kjait. and I have unlocked all sorc class spells as well has destro staff, dual weild and most of Healing staff.

Any help would be appreciated because I'm starting to get pretty frustrated that random trash mobs are slaughtering me.
  • threesnap
    threesnap
    My current setup [tthat i keep dying with] is

Destro staff
    1. Force Pulse
    2. Elemental blockage [to get the debuff to force pulse to aoe]
    3. crystal fragments
    4. inner light
    5. power surge

Healing staff
    1.illustrious Healing
    2. Daedric mines to be able to maintain some distance
    3. immovable
    4. inner light
    5. velocous curse
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    threesnap wrote: »
    My current setup [tthat i keep dying with] is

Destro staff
    1. Force Pulse
    2. Elemental blockage [to get the debuff to force pulse to aoe]
    3. crystal fragments
    4. inner light
    5. power surge

Healing staff
    1.illustrious Healing
    2. Daedric mines to be able to maintain some distance
    3. immovable
    4. inner light
    5. velocous curse

^This plus 2 armor sets for multiple bonuses. They also nerfed Light Armor so try switching out the 2 medium with 2 heavy for more protection. Also, Vet mobs hit harder than the lower ones so make sure your armor is updated every few levels. If you use green armor then replace at every level. If blue, replace every other level. If purple, replace every 3-4 levels. Use the same color enchants for the item color for your armor/weapons also.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps not the most popular but this is my solo build for sorcerer and it works pretty nice for me doing vet 3 content:

Destro staff 1:

1. crushing shock
    2. endless fury
    3. crystal fragments
    4. bound aegis
    5. unstable clannfear

ultimate: greater storm atronach

Destro staff 2:

1. degeneration
    2. lightning splash (I use this morph because I use this skill for group builds too but prolly will be changing it in the future for the damage morph)
    3. conjured ward, encase or boundless storm (I change it depending on situations)
    4. bound aegis
    5. unstable clannfear

ultimate: energy overload (I've put inner light, boundless storm and power surge in the overload skillbar).

For armor, I use 3 light armor pieces (head, pauldrons, body) and 4 heavy armor pieces (hands, waist, legs and boots).
    I suppose in the future I'd use 5 light and 2 heavy but atm this works nicely. I use as a consequence some of the heavy armor passives which help a lot in survability terms: resolve, constitution and juggernaut.
    Edited by Zimnel on April 7, 2015 2:53PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just brought my Sorcerer (VR5) out of Retirement from the Crafting Hub she was parked at. She is working great.

Gear 5 light, 2 Heavy (Chest and Helm) Seducer/Willows Path (or any other 3 piece that helps magic). Two pieces of Heavy Armor will double your protection. Note, I have no points in Light Armor in the Champion System, instead Magic/Elemental Resist is better to use. Not sure about putting any points in the Heavy Armor part of the Constellation.

Destro Staff on Both Bars

All in with Magic, like 25K Mana, 14K Health, 11K Stamina

Skills Single Target DPS Bar

Crystal Fragments
    Lightening Flood
    Endless Fury
    Hardend Ward
    Inner Light

AoE/Trash Mob Bar

Inner Light
    Weakness to Elements or Unstable Elements
    Impulse (the non Pulsar Morph)
    Crushing Shock
    Hardened Ward

You could add Boundless Storm instead of Weakness/Unstable if you need more protection/speed/DoT

I do have a Pet Bar

Clanfear
    Twilight Matriarch
    Endless Fury
    Lightening Flood
    Hardened Ward
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im running

Destro

1:Destructive clench
    2:Force pulse
    3:Liquid lightning
    4:Restoring twilight
    5:Clanfear

Restro

1:Illustrious healing
    2:Rapid regeneration
    3:Endless Fury
    4:Restoring twilight
    5:Clanfear

I am in full light armor as well.

Have had no issues soloing anything, the clanfear usually tanks well enough and the twilight and i can do a large amount of DMG. If i feel the fight is going to be a longer then normal one then i will blast my clanfear with heal from time to time.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer