The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Darth's Fishing Guide

DarthRupert
DarthRupert
✭✭✭
My site is intended for all anglers. It's not just a guide for new players; it has many other resources that even veterans of fishing can find helpful.

Brand New Site is Live - http://www.esofishing.com

Features:
  • Maps: detailing hole locations and water type
  • Guide: teaches player how to fish
  • Bait Reference Chart
  • Rare Fish Charts
  • Add-ons: that help with fishing
  • Recipes: with "fish" ingredients
  • and more...
Edited by DarthRupert on September 21, 2015 1:46AM
  • Runhent
    Runhent
    ✭✭✭
    Great work! Thanks for the guide.
    Gilryne Telvanni, at your service.
    EU | Ebonheart Pact | ElderScrolls.Net & RuESO
  • IrishRonD
    IrishRonD
    ✭✭✭
    Nice work! Great guide.
  • Medieval_Miss81
    Medieval_Miss81
    ✭✭✭
    This is an awesome guide! I especially appreciate the maps with what type of water each fishing hole has.
    When do you think you will have more of those maps?
    Edited by Medieval_Miss81 on April 6, 2015 1:51PM
    Co-GM of Cor Leonis
  • DarthRupert
    DarthRupert
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have the next two days off so hopefully I can get more up. For anyone that was following it in my other thread, they know it's been far too long since I added any maps. Unfortunately I was an idiot and forgot to export my Harven map pins when switching to an SSD, so I basically lost every DC, AD, and EP completely marked maps. I think I have Alik'r, Khenarthi's Roost, Bleakrock, Stonefalls, and Deshaan maps marked, just have to convert them over the next 2 days.

I also might put up a map, with my Coldharbour circut and Cyrodiil ocean spots, temporarily untill I can complete those zones.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really great guide OP, thank you very much for the intel:}
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    Appreciate the maps and info. Can't wait to put it to the test later.
    Edited by FelixTheCatt on June 22, 2015 5:42PM
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • cabbagechest
    Thank you for this. Great guide.
  • DarthRupert
    DarthRupert
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for my absence and lack of updating in the past months...but worry not!

I've added more maps and should have the rest up within the next 2 days.
    I also finished work on the new site for my fishing info/guide. And finally got a proper URL to go with it.
    www.esofishing.com

Please let me know if you find any problems. And thanks for the support!
  • bigbabyleonb16_ESO
    Bump.

Sorry but this is great, it has helped me alot.

I know not many fish and just want to grind and sell their stuff (leading to a new WoW) but if one looked this is a good site&guide for anyone who goes and buys the game to have fun.
  • DarthRupert
    DarthRupert
    ✭✭✭
    Update: Just added the Craglorn and Cyrodiil maps along with Wrothgar map and rare fish chart.
    :/ still working on Cyrodiil...Why does it have to be so annoying to map?!
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of also adding high capacity bait harvesting locations to your fishing maps?
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really nice! Thanks for putting in the time to collect information, create and update your site. I was thinking of making a Fisherman/provisioner alt in my downtime, so this will come in extremely useful.
  • Ja50nX
    Ja50nX
    ✭✭✭
    Useful maps mate!

I was using them when fishing a few holes over the weekend & noticed ZOS must have changed a fish name.

Stonefalls/Foul water - Oilfish is now called Stinkfish.
    PS4 EU
    Ebonheart Pact

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drax76 wrote: »
    Any chance of also adding high capacity bait harvesting locations to your fishing maps?

@DarthRupert , this might be nice to add to your bait section at the least. There are some locations that are premium for gathering bait.

Insects are everywhere, but most plentiful in Rivenspire.
    Sacred Leap Grotto in SE Grahtwood has rapidly spawning frogs, ideal for gathering guts quickly without running around. Pretty boring though :s .
    For worms and crawlers, concentrations of zombies are best. Lion Guard Redoubt in Glenumbra and Vile Lab in Cold Harbor are among the best areas.

In the Fishing Advice section, you mention transferring Rare fish through the bank to get the fishing achievement on other characters. As of 2.1, the IC patch, it is no longer possible to bank rare fish. With the same patch, rare fish are now marked in achievements as soon as they are in inventory. There is no longer a "USE" option for them.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic guide!

Love the site you linked. I've been searching for something like this forever. Dont have addons on console, so this is perfect!
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am all for achievements, but I have been putting off fishing for the most part. This is a great guide.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • DarthRupert
    DarthRupert
    ✭✭✭
    Drax76 wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestion. Had this section before, but wasn't done well, nor near complete. Completely forgot to come back to it after finishing other stuff. Actually started working on it a few hours ago and should be able to get a good section on the site sometime tomorrow...or I guess technically today for me lol. Trying to get at least the top 2 locations to grind for each bait, in each faction. Will be highlighting best locations overall.

Ourorboros wrote: »
    Insects are everywhere, but most plentiful in Rivenspire.
    Sacred Leap Grotto in SE Grahtwood has rapidly spawning frogs, ideal for gathering guts quickly without running around. Pretty boring though :s .
    For worms and crawlers, concentrations of zombies are best. Lion Guard Redoubt in Glenumbra and Vile Lab in Cold Harbor are among the best areas.

In the Fishing Advice section, you mention transferring Rare fish through the bank to get the fishing achievement on other characters. As of 2.1, the IC patch, it is no longer possible to bank rare fish. With the same patch, rare fish are now marked in achievements as soon as they are in inventory. There is no longer a "USE" option for them.

Oh thanks for that IC patch info! Must have missed it when I read the notes.
    A few other spots
    • Alik'r Desert spot = best Gut location (Amazing find by @Sylance9)
      -> shown in her video guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNRzWiYihkc
    • Rivenspire: Westmark Moore Dolmen = Crawlers
    • Coldharbour: Vile Lab = Worms/Crawlers/some Guts

edit: wasn't able to get as much work on the farming locations as I thought...feature postponed for now sorry :(
    Edited by DarthRupert on October 23, 2015 12:15AM
  • mrplops
    mrplops
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Fellow fishers!

Darth thank you very much for your excellent work.

Wanted to extend an invite to any lonely fishers out there. Fisherman's Friend is a very active and fun fishing / trade guild. If you are tired of fishing alone come join us :)

Cheers everyone and good luck fishing!