The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Need Help] Dragon Knight "Best DPS" v1.5.7

Echo_Silence
Hello, my name is Dustin and I've played the Beta for ESO. I thought it was okay during beta and I came back to ESO and it change a lot. I really like ESO, and I made a Dragon Knight for the DaggerFall Covenant and I'm an Orc. I'm currently around level 11 or 12. And I have been fighting in PVP Arena and I completely suck.. I'm not getting good DPS and etc.. I looked up guides for the Dragon Knight DPS and I just couldn't understand them. My clan mates told me to just level up and I will get better but the thing is I don't know what to put my skill points in or attributes I did other guides and they told me Magicka, and then another guide told me Stamina I'm really getting confused on this.. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this I honestly appreciate it if you can. I also looked up Youtube video's for help nothing helped me either I'm completely bad at understanding this or It's just not making sense at all. Thank You!

PS: Is PVP arena based on all levels? Like I'm level 11-12 would I get in with Vet's or level 40's?
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Pvp campaigns can be either non-vet or veteran campaigns. A non-vet campaign is just that, a campaign that veteran players cannot enter. If you're a very low lvl you may want to start here to hone your skills. These campaigns will only have players from lvl 1-49.

If you enter a vet campaign your character's HP/mag/stam will be scaled up to an average value comparable to veteran rank. This is usually not enough to compete due to not having all the skills and passives unlocked that an actual veteran will have.

In terms of what skills/build to go after it really depends on your playstyle. Most PvP DKs will be Sword & Board (S&B), shield stacking, using Green Dragon Blood (GDB) for self heals and spamming CCs like talons non-stop. On average most aren't a traditional DPS build. If you have a healer to run with you can think of going pure dps; however, by yourself you'll more than likely be too squishy to be pure dps.

v1.6 introduced several stamina morphs for DK skills and certain weapons skills are stamina as well. To determine weather to go to a stam build you first need to determine which weapon you want to use (i.e. bow, staff, 2H, S&B, DW, etc.). this will more than likely be the determinate of which resource you want to focus on.

In general the skills to focus on are:

Ultimate: Dragon Leap, Standard, Meteor (from mages skills)
    CC: talons, chains, petrify
    Self heal: green dragon blood
    Shields: Steadfast ward (ward ally from restoration line), reflective scales, obsidian shield
    damage: Fiery breath, lava whip, inferno, ash cloud

I can elaborate further but need to know what weapon you're planning to use @Echo_Silence
    Edited by Cuyler on April 8, 2015 6:18PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Echo_Silence
    Thanks so much for the help Cuyler, and I'm currently using one-handed and shield. I have been doing quests and PVP here and there but I have been trying to do quests because I thought it was faster to level up that way. I know I have messed up on my character and it kinda makes me upset but that's how you learn.. I made my self an Orc which I don't think that's the best class for Dragon Knight, One-Handed and Shield. And thanks for replying!

~Echo_Silence

@Cuyler