Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vision Quest bugged?

DarthRupert
DarthRupert
✭✭✭
So I'm in Deshaan at Shad Astula (Cad Gold). The quest is called "Vision Quest" and I'm on the step "Investigate the Library".

As soon as I walk into the second room of the library the Malborn General Darvasen walks out delivering a line and then uses a spell on me. But I remain unaffected, and there is nothing for me to do in the objective area. If I reenter the room the General is re triggered and does it all over again.

I've already reloaded, relogged, abandoned the quest, and did each of those again without addons; but to no avail.
  • The_Nerevarine
    I am stuck here as well. Though it is taking me into the prison cell and I can get to exam the gate. Though when I check the gate it the arrow appears on the steps but it does not move to come and free me from the cell leaving me stuck within.
  • BooWitchkraft
    BooWitchkraft
    ✭✭
    I'm stuck in the cell too!
  • benemyjosh
    benemyjosh
    Soul Shriven
    I am also stuck in the cell too. Anyone able to get out of the cell?
  • The_Nerevarine
    I just ported to someone outside of the area to get outside. I guess just move on and start questing elsewhere until they get this fixed. As it may be some time, as I am still unable to complete it.
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here. I enter the library, General Darvasen appears and casts a spell on me, I get a black glowy effect around me for a short while but nothing else happens. I don't get ported, the quest doesn't update and I cannot progress. Moving in and out of the area respawns the general, but his spell fails every time.

I note that other players come into the library, get a blue globe shield around them and then are ported elsewhere, so it is working for some players. But not for me.

I have tried abandoning the quest, disabling all addons, relaunching the game, reloading the UI etc etc. Nothing helps.
  • The_Nerevarine
    There seems to be two major glitches here. Not being able to port into the prison cell or then being stuck inside with the familiar not responding to the examining of the gate. Reinstalling Launcher, reloading, abandoning the quest and accepting it back does nothing. It seems the problem is based upon the quest leading up to it, and which you can not redo so at this time if you have found one of these issues, there is nothing you can do to get past it at this point. If I ever figure something out in one of my attempts though I will post what happens or if it just starts working again.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Greetings all!

This may sound a bit strange, but when getting stuck at this step, are you jumping a lot? Please be sure to submit a /bug report on this issue if one has not yet been submitted so we can ensure our developers are able to take a close look at what may be causing this and see about getting it resolved. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    This bug is happening to my husband as well.. and he is not jumping. He is simply entering the library and the dude walks out and when it comes time to teleport him, he stands up straight without actually animating anything. My toon was grouped with him and yet she got stunned onto her knees and then teleported into the cell. So it worked for me, but not him. He has dumped quest, relogged several times, removed ALL this armor and redumped and picked up the quest and tried entering so many times but it JUST WONT update this quest. One thing that would be nice though. Hiring someone at ZoS that can automatically update your progression manually to the next stage. Many mmos do it, so why not here? You can at least continue the quest this way until the Devs sort this issue out. Just a suggestion.
    Edited by Adryssa_Joneley on April 27, 2015 6:14AM
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Thanks for letting us know, @Adryssa_Joneley . There was a similiar bug reported quite a while ago, so if you can go ahead and ask your husband to please submit a /bug report in game so we can try to get this bug reopened and investigated further!

Thank you again, and we appreciate your feedback on the quest advance function!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • The_Nerevarine
    Those of you that was stuck at examining the gate portion of it. I just dropped it before trying but went back and everything working fine now after this last maintenance. So it might be worth the others to least try it out and see if they can finally get past this quest.
  • Eruamon
    Eruamon
    Same issue for me...and surprise surprise. When I tried to submit a ticket in game there was an error
  • notaurus
    notaurus
    Soul Shriven
    If got the same issue once in the cell have and spoken to the two npc's in there I can't get out no matter how many times I examine the door. Worst of all i spent the last 3 days trying to post an in game bug report but get error submitting everytime. Need help devs
  • Silverbird
    Silverbird
    ✭✭✭
    Bug is still active. I get a crash on the loading screen, while I am supposed to be teleported into the prison cell nearby. (This is also working on cadwells gold.)
    Bug report has been send.
    Manual reset of the quest did not help. After relogging and sneaking the two students to talk to them, quest failed when reaching them. After searching the library again afetr that fail, quest did work.
  • Tangerla
    Tangerla
    This quest is still to this day bugged. I have the same issue: General walks in, gives a line while casting an ineffective spell, stands there for a moment, then disappears. Leaving the hallway and reentering starts the sequence over again. I have tried all that has been mentioned, including deleting my save file, logging off for hours, and hard resetting my console. I have reported the quest through my console that led to a series of email conversations only to end up telling me to report the bug through my console...again. Why has this issue not been resolved? How many years will it take? How many people have to report a bug and/or post in the forums?
    Edited by Tangerla on June 2, 2016 9:56PM
  • bobdrad
    bobdrad
    ✭✭
    I also have this problem. I was transported into the cell, spoke to both NPCs, but did not yet examine the gate when I had to exit the game. It said something about failed to examine the gate. Upon reentering the game, the NPCs are gone, the quest now says Enter the Library, but the gate is closed and I'm stuck!
    Edited by bobdrad on January 15, 2017 2:27AM
  • NuclearSqworms
    Tangerla wrote: »
    This quest is still to this day bugged. I have the same issue: General walks in, gives a line while casting an ineffective spell, stands there for a moment, then disappears. Leaving the hallway and reentering starts the sequence over again. I have tried all that has been mentioned, including deleting my save file, logging off for hours, and hard resetting my console. I have reported the quest through my console that led to a series of email conversations only to end up telling me to report the bug through my console...again. Why has this issue not been resolved? How many years will it take? How many people have to report a bug and/or post in the forums?

This is happening to me too. Same thing. Never transported into the cell.
  • predictoreb17_ESO
    predictoreb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The same issue here. Seems never fixed.