Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New to ESO with few questions.

Nenad1984
Nenad1984
Hi all, i bought ESO on launch and played for few days but some RL stuff came up and i had to quit gaming. Now i am back and installing ESO as we speak and i would like to know which class would be most solo/noob friendly to begin with :)

Best Answers

• M1R11
    M1R11
    Soul Shriven
    I would recommend Templar. Nice damage, nice reductions/shields, nice healing, can tank/dps/heal well enough :D
    Answer ✓
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    Depends what you want to do really.
    Templar is really fun for sure ...and good as starter class since it's easy to learn how to properly play it.

But imo best approach is:
    1. Think about your character as a person
    2. Is he good/bad?
    3. If good in what way / If bad ...how bad
    4. Then you will have good start for a race
    5. Weapon ...which weapon would your character like to use
    6. And pick up class that suits all of the above.

Don't worry about things like 'what deals most damage' 'op class' etc.
    Patch will come, abilities will change ...as usual
    Just stick to that main character and you'll be fine for a long time.

You can Tank/Heal/Dps on ANY class really, so it should be purely your own choice.

My choice was Nibhtblade thief with daggers and bow.
    But after some time he joined the army and now he's using 2H sword and healing staff :smile:
    ...I can still go back to the thief's life thou :wink:
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
    Answer ✓
  • Nenad1984
    Nenad1984
    M1R11 wrote: »
    I would recommend Templar. Nice damage, nice reductions/shields, nice healing, can tank/dps/heal well enough :D

Thanks for info :) still downloading patch tho :( and i really want to play now lol.
  • Nenad1984
    Nenad1984
    Thanks for reply, i think i will figure it out on character creation screen :) but i would like to use bow.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nenad1984 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply, i think i will figure it out on character creation screen :) but i would like to use bow.

I second the Templar for the first character. Your main attack skill heals you, so you never die, unless your in way over your head in a over leveled mob fight.

As for the Bow, I think it makes a great secondary weapon, and you should always have a ranged and up close weapon. OK, two ranged can work too, and might be helpful if you go light armor. But you get to use a second weapon at L15. So, build up first the weapon you feel like you will be most deadly with early on, and that will depend on your playstyle. Then add in the second weapon you want to use at L15. TBH, my Templar uses just one weapon, a Destro Staff, but she is magic focused.

Can you use a Bow as a primary weapon? Yes. I just tend to use it to soften up the mobs, then switch to something else to get in close. Some people like to keep the distance all the time and a bow is great for that. You just need to be Stamina focused to get the most from a bow.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nenad1984
    Nenad1984
    Nestor wrote: »
    Nenad1984 wrote: »

I second the Templar for the first character. Your main attack skill heals you, so you never die, unless your in way over your head in a over leveled mob fight.

As for the Bow, I think it makes a great secondary weapon, and you should always have a ranged and up close weapon. OK, two ranged can work too, and might be helpful if you go light armor. But you get to use a second weapon at L15. So, build up first the weapon you feel like you will be most deadly with early on, and that will depend on your playstyle. Then add in the second weapon you want to use at L15. TBH, my Templar uses just one weapon, a Destro Staff, but she is magic focused.

Can you use a Bow as a primary weapon? Yes. I just tend to use it to soften up the mobs, then switch to something else to get in close. Some people like to keep the distance all the time and a bow is great for that. You just need to be Stamina focused to get the most from a bow.

Actually your templar might just be what i am looking for :) i might try destro staff and see how it goes :) ofc i need to download the game overnight as i have 20gb more to go.
  • Vexian
    Vexian
    ✭✭
    My current character is actually a stamina based bow wielding Templar and I am having a blast with it! I just mount up to a group of enemies and fire off bombard which roots my targets in place for 3 seconds, then when that wears off I hit them again. They never get to close ever unless I run low on stamina but then I chug a pot and continue.

Nenad if you have any questions you can always try contacting me in game and I'd be happy to answer any questions. I've played Templar in every role and as every style. I can be found on the NA servers, just add @vexian28 to your friends list
  • Nenad1984
    Nenad1984
    Vexian wrote: »
    My current character is actually a stamina based bow wielding Templar and I am having a blast with it! I just mount up to a group of enemies and fire off bombard which roots my targets in place for 3 seconds, then when that wears off I hit them again. They never get to close ever unless I run low on stamina but then I chug a pot and continue.

Nenad if you have any questions you can always try contacting me in game and I'd be happy to answer any questions. I've played Templar in every role and as every style. I can be found on the NA servers, just add @vexian28 to your friends list

Thanks will do :)