The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Siege Set Up Time/Range Poll [Just a Suggestion]

aco5712
aco5712
✭✭✭✭✭
Not saying that siege is doing too much damage. I quite enjoy the change to the siege damage. Makes the keep takes so much harder.

What i propose is one of 2 things. Extend the time it takes to set down siege or increase the minimum range.
Right now, the minimum range for a ballista bolt is literally 1m ahead of the ballista. This coupled with the quick set up time, makes them virtually ground oils all over again. I have had this used quite a few times on me and my group. So what i think is a good compromise to stop these "new" ground oils, is increase the set up time or extend the minimum range.

This wouldnt effect keep takes drastically because if you arent set up to defend, then that's your group/faction's fault.

Let me know what you think of my proposal.
Edited by aco5712 on March 31, 2015 11:25PM
Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
#FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
Youtube: CorESO
DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis

Siege Set Up Time/Range Poll [Just a Suggestion] 23 votes

Extend the set up time
39%
cozmon3c_ESOWolfaenMaulkinOrchishSC0TY999ToRelaxFruitdogLettigallChesimac 9 votes
Increase the minimum range
17%
c0rpKagheiPancake-TragedyStienDeath 4 votes
Other
8%
CharadrasCody 2 votes
Neither, i dont like this idea
34%
genchaos9b14_ESOKevinmonRedTalonAnnraDomanderNukeAllTheThingsWebBullDraxys 8 votes
  • Wolfaen
    Wolfaen
    ✭✭✭
    Extend the set up time
    Where is the both option?! If anything, definitely extend the set up time. I do agree about the 1m ballista thing being like oil pots again... You were suppose to keep that quiet though.. Now everyone knows and will start doing it.. Sad days to come
    Wolfaen Moltencloak | Imperial Dragon Knight
    Wolfaen Bloodcloak | Dark Elf Nightblade
    Wolfaen | High Elf Sorcerer
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfaen wrote: »
    Where is the both option?! If anything, definitely extend the set up time. I do agree about the 1m ballista thing being like oil pots again... You were suppose to keep that quiet though.. Now everyone knows and will start doing it.. Sad days to come

Quicker people know, the quicker zos nerfs, its how it works. Sorry, forgot to include a both option.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extend the set up time
    I am fine with siege although wouldn't mind increased set up time purely because i have been in situations where i am fighting two other players where one simply places down a fire balista. I like that we can do this, so i certainly never want siege restricted to keep areas, but i do think time to set up and take down siege should be increased.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Both.
  • Charadras
    Charadras
    ✭✭
    Other
    Both, Extend the set up time and Increase the minimum range. 3 fire ballista inside a resource tower the fire at 1 m distance is just a joke.

War Inc - EU
    Gilda Italiana PVP
    Apply su www.warinccommunity.com/forum
    Charadras DK vr 14 - Ebonheart Pact
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine has is, nothing beats a bunch of people chasing others to a gate of a outer wall and poping up a siege weapon and giving them some fresh fire to the face.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Extend the set up time
    Increase setup time to about 4 seconds (that is very long in fight, you have to prepare then).
    I do not agree with the increased range because it's not hard to just stay out of the way in open field and in keep fights I still want to be able to give that shot right on the floor if some zergball just runs directly towards my ballista. You don't hit anyone if they flank you anyway (wich is as it should be).

However, there should really be a "both" option in the poll.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like you just aren't making an effort to adjust to the meta

rip decibel
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Extend the set up time
    Maybe they could make the siege weapon damage buff only occur within a certain radius of a keep?