The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

RNG hates me - Possible token system?

Medieval_Miss81
Medieval_Miss81
✭✭✭
I have run the vet pledge and gotten a gold key 88 times, and I still have never gotten Valkyn Skoria shoulders of any trait. Everyone else I know of in my guild has gotten them at least once, if not multiple times. And yet, I have the title Deadlands Adept, and have received at least 7 different Valkyn Skoria headpieces.
This seems a little ridiculous.

So, a possible suggestion: Have a token system. Maybe something like you could save 20 gold keys in exchange for a token that will allow you to choose a shoulder piece of any that drop out of the chest. Would that be workable?
Co-GM of Cor Leonis
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are not the first to ask for this. And probably wont' be the last. And it probably wont' happen. I mean you get what you want, then you stop running the pledges. If everyone gets what they want, then no one will run the pledges.

OK, some will still do the Pledges.... B)

Edited by Nestor on March 31, 2015 10:46PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be pleased to have a token system in place, but of course then armor would have to be bound to character instead of account bound (which would tick off a whole different crowd).

I doubt it will happen, but it would be nice.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • IkQ
    IkQ
    I have run the vet pledge and gotten a gold key 88 times, and I still have never gotten Valkyn Skoria shoulders of any trait. Everyone else I know of in my guild has gotten them at least once, if not multiple times. And yet, I have the title Deadlands Adept, and have received at least 7 different Valkyn Skoria headpieces.

So, a possible suggestion: Have a token system. Maybe something like you could save 20 gold keys in exchange for a token that will allow you to choose a shoulder piece of any that drop out of the chest. Would that be workable?

I agree. Tokens might be good, unless it turns into welfare epics for everyone - like in WoW. So the price would have to be steep steep...hard to tell what would be a good way to do it.

Does sound like you're bugged though...
  • nuclear808
    RNG hates me too...seems my real life luck has followed me into the game.
  • Medieval_Miss81
    Medieval_Miss81
    ✭✭✭
    IkQ wrote: »

I agree. Tokens might be good, unless it turns into welfare epics for everyone - like in WoW. So the price would have to be steep steep...hard to tell what would be a good way to do it.

Does sound like you're bugged though...

I wouldn't really care how steep they were. At least if there was some sort of max amount of pledges that had to occur before I could get what I wanted, I would at least be able to count on the fact that I would get them at some point. With this system, I could run 1000 pledges for gold keys and still never get what I want.
    Co-GM of Cor Leonis
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They nerfed fixed the proc on the set anyway so it's probably not even worth the time you're putting in.
    :trollin:
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They nerfed fixed the proc on the set anyway so it's probably not even worth the time you're putting in.

Not to derail the thread too too much but I am really curious if anyone has tested this to see just how much less it is worth going after now.
  • Medieval_Miss81
    Medieval_Miss81
    ✭✭✭
    I know my guildmate who gets insane dps on his magicka DK tested it, and he said that it was actually procing a lot and well worth it.
    Co-GM of Cor Leonis
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just remove all items from Cyrodiil vendors so you can only purchase RNG boxes with Alliance Points.

That way, it's more inconvenient so we have a great chance at getting convenience items added to the crown store that bypass RNG.

Last time I checked also, the thought "crossed their mind" but I expect this to never be possible, ever.

Like for example, in World of Warcraft, you could get a shoulder item which you'd exchange for a shoulder piece of armor for any class. It was RNG as you could get a helmet or a belt or feet piece, but if you already had a feet piece, it was possible to not get that again. Convenience.

Crown store will sell convenience items, relying on RNG is inconvenient. Therefore illuminati confirmed.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Petros
    Petros
    ✭✭✭
    No Tokens!!
    "Our light will bring the dawning of a new hope!" ~ Petros Fordring -The Order of Mundus
    - VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (DC -NA) & The One Handed Tank
  • skillastat
    skillastat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel ya OP.

I'm doing the pledges 2 times a day to find a Medium type shoulder of Blood Spawn.

Still not getting it, 2 times a day from the last 30 days. That's 60 keys.

I'm currently working on my NB to be able to run every vet pledge gold key 3 times a day.... It's getting ridiculous.
    (PC NA)
    -Saulo Stamina Sorcerer
    -skillastat Stamina Nightblade
    -a blade spirit Stamina Templar
    -Ultima Online I Magicka Dragonknight
    -'Solo DC* Stamina Sorcerer
    -'Ultima Online Stamina Dragonknight
    -Nerd Dk Tank Dragonknight
    -Solochi Magicka Sorcerer
    -Solo Lucci Magicka Nightblade
    -Sølomon Magicka Warden

*All characters are EP, except for one DC.

French Canadian!
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    24 runs for Bloodspawn 1 mask only.
    Chance 1/96.Annoying
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You are not the first to ask for this. And probably wont' be the last. And it probably wont' happen. I mean you get what you want, then you stop running the pledges. If everyone gets what they want, then no one will run the pledges.

Well on the other side of that, if X people never get anything that they have been grinding for, then they'll give up and spread as much negative word of mouth as possible.

House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • tpanisiakb16_ESO
    tpanisiakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about instead of shoulder drops from the gold Undaunted box you instead get shards or tokens which can be exchanged for certain items. Items would include shoulders which you could buy for, say, 25-50 of these "shards", soul gems, and / or pieces of WHATEVER-LORE-FRIENDLY-NAME which could be to used to gain a champion point? That way people would still need to run vet pledges to contend with RNGesus for their helms but it won't be a total waste if they have their items and instead save up to redeem a champion point.
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still can't get the Spawn of Mephala helm to drop for me in grotto...I don't even know how many times I've tried for it. Rare drop is rare, I get it, I get it. But I'm not going to feel accomplishment when I get it, I'm going to feel relieved. Damn thing is just holding me up from finishing my gearing so I can go back to PvP where I belong. I will tolerate PvE, but rarely do I enjoy it. Furthermore do I loathe doing the same PvE content over and over and over again. I simply tolerate it to progress my build in training skills and getting gear. RNG is a bane to my existence.

Such an archaic design for a "next gen" game. I get it, but it's 2015. We've had random loot tables since AD&D in the effin' 1980's. Still nothing better? Really!?
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know my guildmate who gets insane dps on his magicka DK tested it, and he said that it was actually procing a lot and well worth it.

I have a magica dk and tested it last night and it procced fine, but it is not the cause of insane dps for me, it is more a convenient last blow on a boss or miniboss by the time i am out of mana.

Very often the meteor procs after i have killed the mob or boss, so quite hilarious. I get 15 k on the mage with standard of might up, 12 k without it, the valkyn meteor adds like 3-5% dps

In vet dsa i found the darkshade set more usefull for the stamina and other boosts the set gives you, kiting all that stuff in there is pretty hard on a magica build haha.

Tip i got from someone: save up at least 10 keys and open the gold chest in the morning when server population is low.
    He got better rng that way, better then using the keys daily. Good luck !
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • skillastat
    skillastat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm tired of this,
    I absolutely need Blood Spawn shoulder in Medium type,

I got Light and Heavy. I should be able to choose what type of armor I want from it.

It should be like when you open the chest, a separate window appears and let you choose from Light/Medium/Heavy for the specific shoulder you acquired from that chest.
    (PC NA)
    -Saulo Stamina Sorcerer
    -skillastat Stamina Nightblade
    -a blade spirit Stamina Templar
    -Ultima Online I Magicka Dragonknight
    -'Solo DC* Stamina Sorcerer
    -'Ultima Online Stamina Dragonknight
    -Nerd Dk Tank Dragonknight
    -Solochi Magicka Sorcerer
    -Solo Lucci Magicka Nightblade
    -Sølomon Magicka Warden

*All characters are EP, except for one DC.

French Canadian!
  • Medieval_Miss81
    Medieval_Miss81
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy to just get any type of Valkyn Skoria shoulders! But yes, it would be nice if you could choose.
    Co-GM of Cor Leonis
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or ZoS could just nerf Undaunted sets, than no one will care about bad rng. Nvm, they already did that 10 times :hushed:

Joke aside, I don't think we can expect a token system in any foreseeable future. There's more important stuff on their to-do list at the moment.

But this game for sure has the worst loot distribution system I've ever encounter. Played MMO's for 15 years, yet I cant name another game being equally bad.

There's only luck and rng here to rely on. This while the gold key cant be obtained more than once a day. While everything else is farm friendly at least, drop-rates are hopeless. Loot-tables are to big and with to many variations of the same thing (traits and types). After 8 months of running VR dungeons I still get strange drops I never even seen before.

If you're normally cursed by bad rng in MMO's, expect at least 6+months to obtain a BoP set of something worthwhile in ESO.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Token->Gold or some form of merit/xp conversion vendor/kiosk.

Look at that. I just made pledges worthwhile for a long time and it only took me about 15 seconds.
  • Charadras
    Charadras
    ✭✭
    1 Token for each gold key and max 2 token for account each day:

30 token = 1 head or 1 shoulder with random trait (no sturdy, exploration and training) and random kind of armor (H/L/M).
    90 token = 1 head or 1 shoulder with you prefer trait and kind of armor (H/L/M).
    20 token = a fully enlightment CP

- You can have in about 90 days your prefer undaunted set (in 30 with a lot of luck);
    - You can continue to do Pledge for enlightment (1 CP every 10 day).

War Inc - EU
    Gilda Italiana PVP
    Apply su www.warinccommunity.com/forum
    Charadras DK vr 14 - Ebonheart Pact
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    113 runs, still no health beam shoulders.

95% of my achieved items have sturdy trait. Like seriously. This system is broken...
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Medieval_Miss81
    Medieval_Miss81
    ✭✭✭
    Well, amazingly enough, I just got the shoulders on my 91st gold key. They have the impen trait, but at least I got them. Still, as others were saying, this can be very discouraging. A token system of any kind would at least give players the goal and hope that they would get what they wanted at some point.
    Co-GM of Cor Leonis
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My shoulder collection:

4 Bloodspawn
    3 Maw
    1 Mephala
    4 Bogdan
    3 Engine Guardian
    3 Malubeth
    3 Nerieneth
    0 Skoria

RNG luck maybe, but I can't help but feel like something is broken.
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My shoulder collection:

4 Bloodspawn
    3 Maw
    1 Mephala
    4 Bogdan
    3 Engine Guardian
    3 Malubeth
    3 Nerieneth
    0 Skoria

I've done 75 vet pledges as of today and never seen a Skoria shoulder of any type.
  • Medieval_Miss81
    Medieval_Miss81
    ✭✭✭
    Take hope, guys! After I got that Skoria shoulder on my 91st pledge, I got two more in short order. So, I now have one of light, medium, and heavy. Just keep trying and hopefully you will soon have one, too. :) At least, one can hope!
    Co-GM of Cor Leonis
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i got valkyn skoria helm my first vr 14 run of CoA.... but reading this im hesitant on getting the shoulders...
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah RNG is a nightmare got the skoria stuff I wanted but trying to get sunderflame for a build and having no joy at all.
    Also I have farmed enough nodes in the past couple of days to get 2000 of each endgame mat in upper crag and no nirncrux. dont even get me started on the motifs as well.
    I had to tell a good friend of mine in guild today that we are going to sacrifice him to appease the RNG gods.
    Edited by lathbury on May 24, 2015 1:08AM
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would rather see an increase in item drop rates than a token system.

Token systems lead to the easiest and quickest dungeons to be farmed continuously. Instead of people having to complete different, sometimes 'difficult', content to get their reward.
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My shoulder collection:

0 Skoria

I did 155 gold keys before I stopped doing the veteran pledge entirely.

You can put an Undaunted set in the game which will make my character transform into a Cliff Racer, I'm not doing another gold pledge run again. It's not fun, it's not rewarding.

I wish every-single person that plays this game the fortune and all the positive RNG rolls they can handle, I'm not taking part in anything to do with RNG rolls in this game as it's such a negative and non-enjoyable experience.

I'll never forget when I recieved a response to my question from Zenimax where they said "It's something we thought about but not something we intend to do."

Brilliant. Not considered but thought about.

This means the meeting went something like this;

Bob the hero: "Hey itemisation lord, reading the forums here, seeing various feedback, ideas and so on, how about opening up Undaunted itemisation so it's not completely RNG dependent?"

Itemisation lord: "Lol no. We just did the champion system which took so much work and we have console to finish."

Bob the hero: "Of course, but it's not really all that complicated, we have many different ways we co--"

Itemisation lord: "Bob. I'm going to take it under consideration that you're tired from working so hard, let me remind you; we have console to finish. Understood? Still confused? Allow me to retort - lol no."

Fin
    Edited by Teiji on May 24, 2015 2:40AM
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast