Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

dps templar?

seipher09
seipher09
✭✭✭✭
So I was looking into making a templar and I read dps templar focuses on stamina, while healers focus on magic. Is that true? I planned on going sword and shield focused in the aedric spear line and dawns wrath but those are magic based.

Will I be better off doing stamina with the sword and shield skills? Thanks!
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All class skills start off magic based, but some of them morph into stamina based skills

For example Puncturing Strikes starts off a being a magic based skill but once leveled to Rank IV you can morph it into Biting Jabs which is based on Stamina. (still uses magic to cost, but the damage is based on weapon damage and max stamina)

But its more about what role you want to do.
    A Stamina templar (tank\dps in heavy) or a magic templar (dps\healer in light)

You can be a pick a bit of both and even medium armor and still get to L50 easy. But after L50, its recommend to pick one path.
    Edited by Natjur on April 1, 2015 1:20AM
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    So sword and shield with 3 heavy and 2 light doing magic isn't as recommended?
  • Hayuru
    Hayuru
    ✭✭
    You can always change your mind later. You can be a magicka dps templar if you want.
    seipher09 wrote: »
    So sword and shield with 3 heavy and 2 light doing magic isn't as recommended?

Well, the problem with that is sword and shield skills use stamina. You can mix magic and stamina if you want, but I think it's better to focus on one.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are going DPS Templar then you probably want to switch to 2H rather than S&B, it's better for DPS apparently. Use your Rushed Ceremony to heal yourself while in combat. I think the "Breath of Life" Morph is better than "Honour the Dead" since you don't need the magicka as much for a Stamina Build. After that I'd just concentrate on the Stamina skills. I haven't developed my second Templar into the Stamina stuff yet since I enjoy the Healer Templar too much but I may do so at some point and that's probably the way I'll build her as a Tank, just BOL and the S&B+HA+2MA.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Vexian
    Vexian
    ✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    All class skills start off magic based, but some of them morph into stamina based skills

For example Puncturing Strikes starts off a being a magic based skill but once leveled to Rank IV you can morph it into Biting Jabs which is based on Stamina. (still uses magic to cost, but the damage is based on weapon damage and max stamina)

Actually biting jabs cost uses stamina now and not magicka.