The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New Content Ideas for PvP'ers that Integrate PvE'ers?

Sphinx2318
Sphinx2318
✭✭✭✭
I was mulling about some ideas that might get people out of Cyrodiil but still allow them to have tons of fun with PvP content. There has recently been a change to push PvE in Cyrodiil (for bonus AP) which I believe is designed to break up zergs and spread players out (not a push by ZoS to introduce new content). I'm not so sure the idea will find success for many reasons which I will not get into here.

However, what if we moved PvP into PvE land if only a little bit? Not to interfere with what already exists but maybe ZoS could create new dungeons that have small amounts of PvP integrated into them. For instance, what if two separate groups worked their way through a dungeon in some sort of timed competition but at some point in the dungeon actually cross paths and are able/required to PvP. The groups could be larger than 4-mans and would require a nice mix of PvP'ers AND PvE'ers to create a perfectly efficient group working together. Such a thing could really mix both player bases in a really fun way.

Arenas are also a wonderful idea that have been pitched by many players for quite some time. The Imperial City will also contain this sort of thing (which I am very excited about). The point is that there are MANY awesome ideas out there that can create new, innovative and exciting content for both PvE'ers AND PvP'ers.

I definitely understand that what I propose is just some raw ideas that could use a ton of refinement but such ideas could potentially pull some people off of the main Cyrodiil servers reducing lag but also creating new and fun content for many!

At this point I know I'm' not in the minority of PvP'ers that is quickly getting fed up with the terrible amounts of LAG experienced in Cyrodiil. My problem is that there is no alternative for me....but I LOVE ESO and my friends here and I'm not willing to leave the game. Please give us some awesome PvP alternatives ZoS and I guarantee that you make your player base very happy!

If anyone has some better or more awesome ideas please feel free to add them to this thread. I know there are some great ideas out there to keep PvP'ers happy.
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just add an option to engage in open-world PvP.

Type /PvP to enable attacking other players who have also opted in. Type /PvP again to start a 10 minute timer that will remove your PvP status when the timer runs out.

It only affects people who opt in, so if you don't care to PvP, just don't. But you do get to watch the occasional street brawl or gang fight to break up your questing, so everyone gets to see what it's all about. The PvPers get a whole new world to fight in, and the RPers get something to talk about.

Everyone wins.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a great idea but the lag that would cause in towns or other heavily populated areas destroys its feasibility
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain