The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[BUG] "(Immune) De-Werewolf" or constant werewolf form

draeganb16_ESO
draeganb16_ESO
✭✭✭
I know the title sounds weird but let me explain what it stand for :
It might sound like heaven for werewolf player but I found a bug that make you impossible to go back in human form. (unless you relog or change zone)
I studied this bug for a day before making a topic on the forum. This bug happen very easily, just make any action that focus your camera to something else like lockpicking or talking to an NPC while transformed and wait long enough until your timer run out. When you recover your "normal" camera, you are still a werewolf.
If you use an add-on to improve your HUD like FTC, you can see running on your screen every second a (Immune) De-Werewolf.
To recover your soft skin, you need to relog or travel to another area.
The "immunity" to "De-Werewolf" tic every second and stop every actions you started UNLESS you get timer back by devouring (hard to achieve) or taking damage with Blood Rage passive.
So when this bug "tic", it very difficult to use your skill (especially the pounce) unless you have taken damages.

(Immune) De-Werewolf in a screenshot :
mini_575892Werewolfbug.png

This make me think about something else, does this bug was a remnant of a try from developers to make werewolf permanent or toggable ?
When Bloodmoon calls, Rivers turns red.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Odds are this is caused by the game not correctly providing cc to the player while they are busy (in the same sense that you are sometimes restricted from using items and the game will say "You are busy"). I would like to think that the toggle idea received more attention but regardless interesting find.
  • Mumnoch
    Mumnoch
    ✭✭✭
    I know the title sounds weird but let me explain what it stand for :
    It might sound like heaven for werewolf player but I found a bug that make you impossible to go back in human form. (unless you relog or change zone)
    I studied this bug for a day before making a topic on the forum. This bug happen very easily, just make any action that focus your camera to something else like lockpicking or talking to an NPC while transformed and wait long enough until your timer run out. When you recover your "normal" camera, you are still a werewolf.
    If you use an add-on to improve your HUD like FTC, you can see running on your screen every second a (Immune) De-Werewolf.
    To recover your soft skin, you need to relog or travel to another area.
    The "immunity" to "De-Werewolf" tic every second and stop every actions you started UNLESS you get timer back by devouring (hard to achieve) or taking damage with Blood Rage passive.
    So when this bug "tic", it very difficult to use your skill (especially the pounce) unless you have taken damages.

(Immune) De-Werewolf in a screenshot :
    mini_575892Werewolfbug.png

This make me think about something else, does this bug was a remnant of a try from developers to make werewolf permanent or toggable ?

So can you use the WW abilities? Like can you just run around as a WW attacking things forever? Could be fun.
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've heard of bugs if wearing disguises, were you wearing one?
    Thanks for reporting the issue, it's a weird one.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • draeganb16_ESO
    draeganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Mumnoch : I can use my werewolf ability randomly, the "tic" of (Immune) De-Werewolf interrupt my skills almost everytime but when I get timer with Blood Rage (or sometime when devour work), I can fight normally without any problem.

@SLy_Kyti : Nope, I'm not wearing any disguise. I didn't try while wearing one.
  • Mumnoch
    Mumnoch
    ✭✭✭
    @Mumnoch : I can use my werewolf ability randomly, the "tic" of (Immune) De-Werewolf interrupt my skills almost everytime but when I get timer with Blood Rage (or sometime when devour work), I can fight normally without any problem.

@SLy_Kyti : Nope, I'm not wearing any disguise. I didn't try while wearing one.

ok, so if you feed which in normal WW extends your time you can then atk normally during the extended time. Do you generate Ult while you are perma WW?

This could be not so much as bug as a "unplanned feature" lol. I personally think WW should be a toggle ability anyways, would make it more fun instead of a "race" every time you wolf out.
  • draeganb16_ESO
    draeganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Mumnoch :Exactly, you can light/heavy attack or sprint normally while under the influence of the "bug" but your skill are interrupted every seconds.

I don't generate any ultimate as I'm still a werewolf, I don't loose my form (visually or technically).

I roamed inside Riften in WW form and the guards greeted me, seems legit xD
  • Mumnoch
    Mumnoch
    ✭✭✭
    @Mumnoch :Exactly, you can light/heavy attack or sprint normally while under the influence of the "bug" but your skill are interrupted every seconds.

I don't generate any ultimate as I'm still a werewolf, I don't loose my form (visually or technically).

I roamed inside Riften in WW form and the guards greeted me, seems legit xD

nice lol. Now to figure out how to use this "unplanned feature" to actually do good DPS as a perma-wolf!
  • draeganb16_ESO
    draeganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Mumnoch : I don't think this bug could really be usefull and could be see as a bug exploit by ZOS.
    Plus, you need to engage to use plainfully your skills but every 3s you need to take damage again. By the way, I was able to fully replenish my timer while under this bug and the werewolf worked perfeclty. I was just unable to cancel the ultimate to go back to human form.
  • Mumnoch
    Mumnoch
    ✭✭✭
    @Mumnoch : I don't think this bug could really be usefull and could be see as a bug exploit by ZOS.
    Plus, you need to engage to use plainfully your skills but every 3s you need to take damage again. By the way, I was able to fully replenish my timer while under this bug and the werewolf worked perfeclty. I was just unable to cancel the ultimate to go back to human form.

Ehh, I wouldn't actually use this as I don't have WW on my main. It was really a jab at Zenimax and their "unplanned features". Sides they didn't kick anyone while people was exploiting the Nirnhoned bug, why would they for this? There still busy counting their money and wondering what game series they are going to wrec...errr expand on next.
  • Zachy_B
    Zachy_B
    ✭✭✭
    I found a bug that's been happening to me since the new patch on ps4, wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I would get my ultimate up and right when I would pop werewolf it would do about half of my transformation and keep me a human. And it would waste my whole ultimate. So then I would have to build it up again and it would do it again. Happened 4 times before I finally could transform. This is on ps4 btw, don't know if it's happening on other platforms.
  • tyronebarreb17_ESO
    tyronebarreb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have been experiencing this bug constantly since returning to ESO last week. running on the PC version of the game.

I have experienced everything the OP has listed but i when i am in the 'perma werewolf form' i also have issues with left click light attacks not working but heavy attacks often do. I can no longer interact with NPC's reliably or quest items (i assume because of the camera change needed for those actions?) Devouring works sometimes but not always but this may be the same as the abilities getting interrupted by the constant 'target immune' spam.

Such a shame this bug exists, i love my werewolf!
  • antmck2011rwb17_ESO
    It's now August 2022 and I'm getting this bug. I only get this when I'm doing Undaunted dungeons. Not every time but often enough to be really annoying. I can only use light or heavy attacks and nothing else - can't pounse , can't use by bleeding claws and can't heal. I can't kill the final boss this way. Using /reloadui doesn't work and dying doesn't fix it either. I have to leave the dungeon and start again. Not happy Jan!