Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Seige mechanics need a good looking into.

filmoretub17_ESO
filmoretub17_ESO
✭✭✭
So you made the damage more realistic but it created some of the most unrealistic combat situations I have ever experienced. People are putting Trebs and Balistas within their own keeps firing shots causing mahem and destruction to only the enemy. This should be causing structure damage to the keeps and damage to everyone and not just the enemy players. I know turning on friendly fire will add a whole new beast to this equation. However the current state of the siege warfare is messing up any enjoyment I had in this game. Before the boost siege was fun to use and yes I used the trebs to hit the enemy and so forth. Now EVERYONE is using it EVERYWHERE. You really need to look at how this is playing out and figure out how to fix it. Maybe making it so you cannot place siege within a keep or fire it within the keep. IDK what the answer is but there is one I know it.
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    If someone can setup siege in a keep why can't I mount on my horse.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even want to play Cyrodiil the way it is now. Wow I cant believe how one sided some people can be. So you are saying that running around fighting other characters and trying to manage your stamina/mana have nothing to do with avoiding siege damage? It isn't just a matter of learning how to deal with it. There is no way to deal with it. Sorc's overpowered shields is not a tactic, it is a broken mechanic that will soon be fixed. You do realize that the closer the siege then the smaller amount of time that red circle is visible. You also realize that not everyone has perfect latency? I have died more to siege this past week then I have died in Cyrodiil the past 1k hours I have played this game. I bet the people who defend the new siege damage are the ones who just hang out in the castles all day waiting to defend. Right now as a v5 Templar Dark Elf I die immediately if hit by a firepot Treb. The average fire ballista is doing 24k damage to me. Siege was very usefull before the major damage boost. What does it make it now?
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a person is setting up a siege weapon so close that you can't be bothered to walk up and set it on fire to make it inactive you deserve to die.

That's not including moving behind the person to avoid it all together. Someone busy setting up siege weapons so close to another enemy is a free kill.

Quite frankly the day of sitting in group zerg healing every AoE damage for 20 minutes are over. Now you actually have to be more tactful when PvPing.

Endless Zerg rushes are over.

As for shield sorcerers their instant kill days are also numbered.
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »
    If a person is setting up a siege weapon so close that you can't be bothered to walk up and set it on fire to make it inactive you deserve to die.

That's not including moving behind the person to avoid it all together. Someone busy setting up siege weapons so close to another enemy is a free kill.

Quite frankly the day of sitting in group zerg healing every AoE damage for 20 minutes are over. Now you actually have to be more tactful when PvPing.

As for shield sorcerers their instant kill days are also numbered.

Sometimes I wonder what game these people are playing. There was never an endless zerg rush in this game. Now this game evolves around dodging siege instead of fighting against other players. Zerg healing what the world this isn't GW2. You are thinking of the wrong game.
  • Charadras
    Charadras
    ✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »

Are you sure you play ESO ? because i only see zerg this day on EU server, zerg with siege for precision, and it's not fun.

War Inc - EU
    Gilda Italiana PVP
    Apply su www.warinccommunity.com/forum
    Charadras DK vr 14 - Ebonheart Pact