The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance Point Scoring

Triston
Triston
A thought.

What if we scaled the number of APs to capture/defend based on how long the resource/keep/scroll has been in control. For example, EP has no need to do anything with Brindle. In fact, I don't ever recall a campaign I've been in that EP has ever taken Brindle. I'm sure it has been done, but in reality there is no use for EP to do so.

Last night we took a number of resources at 25AP a pop. I'm not sure how long they were held by DC, but it was a mindless exercise to keep us busy until we had more people to roll with (and annoy DC).

I understand that taking an undefended resource isn't difficult and shouldn't be unnecessarily rewarded, but what if AP accumulated as the resources, keeps and scrolls were held by the opponent. Using the example of a basic resource in a 20 man group gains 25AP person, but every 6 hours it grows by a % every 3-6 hours?

A tooltip on the map could be shown how long a resource has been held/captured. Allowing for players to start targeting places to attack and defend instead of the same old keeps/scrolls. Maybe the scoring of the game could be adjusted to go along with this so that holding one of these longer gains you more points for your alliance.

So AD has held Brindle for 5 days, it has grown to a large some of AP bonus for those who can try to take it. If AD repels the enemies they receive a large defense bonus and if EP or DC are able to capture it they get a multiplier bonus. You could even contend that the bonus would only apply if the attacking alliance gets the bonus if they have their home keeps/scrolls.

• Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they should do, is reward you proportionally to what you actually did in defending a keep. I know there have been times where I ported into a keep right after it was defended and a 5-10K tick for doing NOTHING. I got the same tick as someone that was defending it for an hour. That's what's wrong with the current system.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they should do, is reward you proportionally to what you actually did in defending a keep. I know there have been times where I ported into a keep right after it was defended and a 5-10K tick for doing NOTHING. I got the same tick as someone that was defending it for an hour. That's what's wrong with the current system.

Really? I was under the impression it already did that.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭
    ive got the answer (and i think ZoS agrees)!!! whatever faction kills the most pve mob bosses in Cyrodiil wins the camp!!!!

p.s. bonus for dolmens!