The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Question about LOS

bg22
bg22
✭✭✭✭✭
I've noticed several times today during sieges that when hit with Radiant Destruction, even when I break Line of Sight, I continue to be hit.

Is this working as intended ZOS? Should I /bendover once it's cast on me or is there something else I can do?

[Moderator Note: Title edited per our rules on Trolling.]
Edited by ZOS_EveP on March 31, 2015 3:39PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bg22 wrote: »
    I've noticed several times today during sieges that when hit with Radiant Destruction, even when I break Line of Sight, I continue to be hit.

Is this working as intended ZOS? Should I /bendover once it's cast on me or is there something else I can do?

Still think RD is just obvious because of the stream, but Reflective light and dark flares slow moving projectiles also will follow people around corners. Something to do with them calculating path on ability initiation rather than through the entire animation. Seems you can still dodge/cloak those though. Not sure you can dodge out of RD yet or not.
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's mostly true for most projectile type abilities. Snipe also follows people to out of range / out of sight if cast early enough and the target doesn't use evade abilities like dodge roll. RD is a little more extreme than the projectile abilities but not by any means unique.
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Still think RD is just obvious because of the stream, but Reflective light and dark flares slow moving projectiles also will follow people around corners. Something to do with them calculating path on ability initiation rather than through the entire animation. Seems you can still dodge/cloak those though. Not sure you can dodge out of RD yet or not.

which is true for most of these threads complaining about RD, when you take your time and really see what it does you will see neither its mechanics nor its dmg is anything to cry about .

its just so bloody obvious that everyone freaks out -.-
    Edited by Mantic0r3 on March 31, 2015 3:25PM
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mantic0r3 wrote: »
    ...when you take your time and really see what it does you will see neither its mechanics nor its dmg is anything to cry about...
    Well, I would appreciate if I could nullify that ability with both, cloak and dodge, but then I'm not playing a templar >:)
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    I am playing templar but i have more PVP hours on my Dk and around the same on my NB so..

You could just heal yourself up and laugh at those *** ticks ;)
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keron wrote: »
    ...when you take your time and really see what it does you will see neither its mechanics nor its dmg is anything to cry about...
    Well, I would appreciate if I could nullify that ability with both, cloak and dodge, but then I'm not playing a templar >:)

I do play a templar, but I think I should be able to LoS or Dodge out of it, and every other ranged ability.
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am playing templar but i have more PVP hours on my Dk and around the same on my NB so..

You could just heal yourself up and laugh at those *** ticks ;)
    There, you had to go out and be mean, didn't you? Self-Heal? Waaaaay to rub salt into my wounds... Hello? Nightblade?

this time im putting it in to be on the safe side: /sarcasm
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keron wrote: »

I do play a templar, but I think I should be able to LoS or Dodge out of it, and every other ranged ability.

Drop it in the suggestion box.

A_Colorful_Cartoon_African_American_Putting_a_Suggestion_In_a_Box_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_110102-144852-282053.jpg
    Edited by technohic on March 31, 2015 3:32PM
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblades Do have self heal <3
    Edited by Mantic0r3 on March 31, 2015 3:35PM
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is not skilled enough to make strife & morphs actually work as a half decent self heal... The only thing this one has found working is Killer's Blade and that is usually too late :D

Maybe I should give Leeching Strikes a shot, although I'm hard pressed to kill anyone even without those pesky 23% reduced damage...
    Edited by Keron on March 31, 2015 3:46PM