The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar tank for trials ?

david_m_18b16_ESO
david_m_18b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Are they on par with DK ? The self heals make it for the lower mitigation ?
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templars tanks definitely have inferior mitigation to dk's. However, yes, I've seen solid Templar tanks in trials. I'm not up to date with exactly what they run. But I do see them. Even sometimes in Sanctum Ophidia.
    Edited by Jules on March 31, 2015 5:18PM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    Templars tanks definitely have inferior mitigation

do they? why?
  • DrHarper
    DrHarper
    Our main tank in Sanctum is templar, and he is amazing.
    I, honestly, love tamplar tanks. Also you can come up with some tricky and interesting tactic in DSAvet with templar tank. (tank/heal combo on last boss there)
    From Tamriel with love <3
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mantic0r3 wrote: »

do they? why?

Dks have hardened armor, igneous shield and green dragons blood. All are amazing for tanking.

Edit: Not to mention DK's ultimate magma/corrosive armor which caps incoming damage at 3% and depending on what morph can also be shield for allies. Also helping hands passive restores stam. And battle roar passive restores Heath magicka and stam when ultimate used. It's not so much that Templars are bad tanks, DK's just have great tanking synergy and nothing can compare.
    Edited by Jules on March 31, 2015 6:49PM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've tanked trials on my nightblade.

Templars bring a bit more to the tanking table than nightblades, imo, and are more than capable of doing it.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    Mantic0r3 wrote: »

do they? why?

Dks have hardened armor, igneous shield and green dragons blood. All are amazing for tanking.

Temps have spear wall, blazing shield, breath of life ;)

magma armor is indeed the only thing temps dont have as their mitigation ulti doesnt compare but you shouldn't require this anyway :)
    Edited by Mantic0r3 on March 31, 2015 7:20PM
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭

Templars have rough equivalents to all of those three skills.

DK Armor -> Channelled Focus
    Igneous Shield -> Blazing Shield
    GDB -> Well, I'm a Templar, so take your pick

Passives are icing on the cake, but both classes have them. Agreed, Magma Armor is the biggest thing DKs have, but don't forget that Templars have Empowering Sweep which does damage mitigation and is insanely cheap.

The biggest difference between a Templar and DK is style. DKs have great CC, but Templars have great group healing. Talons is great for grounding trash mobs, but Repentance is great for restoring stamina and health once those trash mobs die. It's up to you how you like to play, in the end.
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."