The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about Addon.

DeLaVega86
DeLaVega86
✭✭
hello, new player here. just started playing yesterday.

i like stealing and all that, and i like the excitement of avoiding the guards.
but some times it is not very obvious who is a guard and who is not.

is there any addon that lets you know who is a guard and who isnt?
cause not all of them have "guard" in their name.

(also, i would like to say that it is completely *** that you cannot use doors to exit a building when chased by guards.)

thanks for your time.
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    no there is no add on for that. best is to just try to steal when no one is looking
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure all guards DO have guard in their name, but citizens of Tamriel may be catching you stealing.. not guards. Gaurds are dressed up in their armor and whatnot, so they should be pretty easy to spot. As well, watch your eye, and always make sure it says "Hidden" before you steal. If it doesn't, someone (NPC - not always a guard, can be a regular citizen) can see you and will most likely chase after you.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • cpazb14_ESO
    cpazb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Another random thought I had was it's funny how I can stroll into the weapon shop and steal 15 heavy metal objects and just whistle my way out the door. I know it's just a game and it's fun stealing when noone is looking but it's strange to me in the moment that I have hundreds of pounds of big heavy gear on me and nobody knows. :wink:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Foundry Tactical Combat and have most of it turned off. Other than the Health Bars above the NPCs. I can tell the Guards because their health bars are about one screen wide.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Carraig
    Carraig
    ✭✭✭
    Another random thought I had was it's funny how I can stroll into the weapon shop and steal 15 heavy metal objects and just whistle my way out the door. I know it's just a game and it's fun stealing when noone is looking but it's strange to me in the moment that I have hundreds of pounds of big heavy gear on me and nobody knows. :wink:

And you know what else? You can swim with it also, without drowning. But it's apparantly common in MMO's because I haven't played one yet where you actually have to take of your armor to be able to swim. I know, I know, just a game. But still.... ;)
    Knight-Captain of the Tamriel's Elite Sentinels ( EU server-PC)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."
  • zjarany
    zjarany
    Soul Shriven
    Is there already an addon which highlights City Guards, what would be helpful to avoid them when pickpocketing??
  • Silverwing
    Silverwing
    Soul Shriven
    Advanced UI is an addon that I like and gives, along with several other options, the ability to change the color of targeted guards health bar, so it is glaringly obvious when your reticle is over a guard.

esoui.com/downloads/info919-AUI-AdvancedUI.html
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carraig wrote: »

And you know what else? You can swim with it also, without drowning. But it's apparantly common in MMO's because I haven't played one yet where you actually have to take of your armor to be able to swim. I know, I know, just a game. But still.... ;)

Even in games like the single-player TES games where equipment has weight and it affects how much you can carry it doesn't matter until it's over your limit. You can swim in a full set of platemail with a bag full of hammers as easily as in your underwear.

It's especially amusing when games (the Zelda series for example) have items like iron boots which specifically exist to weigh you down so you can walk underwater, but only when you're wearing them. When you're carrying them in your bag/pocket/wherever they apparently weigh nothing.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"