The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

vampire and flame resist gear what are the real numbers

TraumaHawk
TraumaHawk
✭✭
was wondering how much flame resist exactly do I need? like how much is needed and is tro much overkill?
would flame resist purple enchantment on one ring and amulet be enough or do i need to put it on 2rings and an amulet? or could I use more? don't want to have to much and if there are other valuable enchantments I coul;d use.

also health regen would it help a vampire build any? or does the sever lack of health regen make it better to invest in max health?
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20%
  • TraumaHawk
    TraumaHawk
    ✭✭
    that does not tell me a whole lot, so I need 20% fire resist well how much is that one purple amulet and one purple ring? or would it be better to have 2purple fire resist rings and one purple fire resist amulet or is even more required for a real good build
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't know and I've kept my vampire out of Cyrodiil all together . Interested in a solution as well .
  • TraumaHawk
    TraumaHawk
    ✭✭
    is one purple ring and one purple amulet fire resist sufficient for pve you think
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elemental resists are not a lot anymore 2k is a few %
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    with the reduction to 40% and 10% fire resi from champion system Iv been able to do all content without additional gear.. you obviously have to react a little faster to certain things than none vampires but since the change iv had no real issues
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be mathematically impossible to stack fire resistance on a vampire today that would be comparable to that of pre 1.6.

This is probably the real reason they lowered the penalty to 40%, because its just not possible (even with 3 monumental gold enchants + champ passive to hit the cap.

You might be able to reach it with full heavy armor + full heavy armor focus in the champ passive + all of the above, but it still wont stop the additive fire damage anyway. It never did. It just cut the half in half, no matter what you did you still took 25 percent more fire damage.

On the same note, you will always take 20 percent more fire damage, even if you somehow manage to hit the server hardcap of 50% reduction.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin