The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Remove Siege Target Indicators

TagaParti
TagaParti
✭✭✭✭
For the most epic fight to come up, removing these indicators is a must!

Imagine you're just running around, without anything red that appeared on the ground suddenly a fire ballista's missile just dropped on you, then you died in seconds. Then you complain because you died.

But come to think of it. Put your shoes on that ballista's user, isn't it the most epic moment you can have in this game? Yes it is, and it is nothing but a fair game.

The visual effects of siege weapons can already tell you where the missile is going to hit. The sound effects indicate that a siege weapon's missle just hit a ground.

NO NEED FOR INDICATORS WHERE IT IS GOING TO HIT.

It is nothing but all your fault if you're hit by a siege weapon, you need to pay attention to the sky, watch out for those big boys. If you kill players using a siege weapon then it is all your trajectory calculation and anticipation, and hitting a player should reward you more, you know why?

BECAUSE MAKING A SUCCESSFUL HIT USING SIEGE WEAPONS IS NOT AN EASY THING TO DO!

We are already near it ZOS, making it look like those ancient battles. We need more strategy for this game, not a no-strat-clash-of-the-zerg that is just causing lag. Every player need to feel that Cyrodiil is a dangerous place, make it happen.

Without these indicators, a player can hide anywhere, bring out a siege weapon and try to hit those charging players, when he hit someone and killed him in seconds, it will make him say OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS GAME.

And, this might be the only way for your new players to enjoy PVP. Veteran players will enjoy it too, no doubt about it. And they wont complain if you remove these indicators, coz (IM SAYING IT AGAIN, IT IS NOT EASY TO HIT ANYONR WITH A F* SIEGE WEAPON). They might complain for a week like what is happening most of the time, but in the end they will say, Cyrodiil just became more interesting without siege indicators.

I know it, I feel it, and you all know it is perfect for the game. Just do it!
Edited by TagaParti on March 31, 2015 5:30AM
Sheliza "The Unkillable"

Facebook Page for the Tournaments
Elder Scrolls Online Tournaments
Please search and hit Like to see future post and updates for the events
youtube channel: tagaparti
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    TagaParti wrote: »
    For the most epic fight to come up, removing this indicators is a must!

Imagine you're just running around, without anything red that appeared on the ground suddenly a fire ballista's missile just dropped on you, then you died in seconds. Then you complain because you died.

But come to think of it. Put your shoes on that ballista's user, isn't it the most epic moment you can have in this game? Yes it is, and it is nothing but a fair game.

The visual effects of siege weapons can already tell you where the missile is going to hit. The sound effects indicate that a siege weapon's missle just hit a ground.

It is nothing but all your fault if you're hit by a siege weapon, you need to pay attention to the sky, watch out for those big boys. If you kill players using a siege weapon then it is all your trajectory calculation and anticipation, and hitting a player should reward you more, you know why?

We are already near it ZOS, making it look like those ancient battles. We need more strategy for this game, not a no-strat-clash-of-the-zerg that is just causing lag. Every player need to feel that Cyrodiil is a dangerous place, make it happen.

Without these indicators, a player can hide anywhere, bring out a siege weapon and try to hit those charging players, when he hit someone and killed him in seconds, it will make him say OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS GAME.

And, this might be the only way for your new players to enjoy PVP. Veteran players will enjoy it too, no doubt about it. And they wont complain if you remove these indicators, coz (IM SAYING IT AGAIN, IT IS NOT EASY TO HIT ANYONR WITH A F* SIEGE WEAPON). They might complain for a week like what is happening most of the time, but in the end they will say, Cyrodiil just became more interesting without siege indicators.

Pls take unkillable and being in legend out of ur sig
    Edited by Chesimac on March 31, 2015 2:20AM
  • TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chesimac wrote: »
    For the most epic fight to come up, removing this indicators is a must!

Pls take unkillable and being in legend out of ur sig

your comment is not related to the discussion. you are obviously trolling.
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might as well. Not like I can move anyway. Lag has gotten to where I stop and stand there until I hit escape to pull up the menu, then my ability goes off and I can move for a second. Might as well put me out of my misery.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sheliza can actually do some DPS now thanks to siege.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You have to consider though, that some of us have bad eyesight:/ I really do have a hard time seeing where the siege projectiles are going to land. Being killed by something I could not see would be frustrating as heck. I rely on those red circles on the ground to know where the siege is going to land due to the fact the projectiles are literally invisible to me:(

PvP is already unbalanced enough as it is. This would make it slightly worse. Lets wait until the other issues are dealt with then talk about additional improvements to siege.
  • TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheliza can actually do some DPS now thanks to siege.

you're off topic pal.

let's leave Sheliza alone, she is beautifully sleeping at the top of the food chain, waiting for someone who can actually get the throne from her, the throne of being the best character in the game.
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

• TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    You have to consider though, that some of us have bad eyesight:/ I really do have a hard time seeing where the siege projectiles are going to land. Being killed by something I could not see would be frustrating as heck. I rely on those red circles on the ground to know where the siege is going to land due to the fact the projectiles are literally invisible to me:(

PvP is already unbalanced enough as it is. This would make it slightly worse. Lets wait until the other issues are dealt with then talk about additional improvements to siege.

Poor eyesight? Maybe too many addons in your screen buddy. lol

Lets admit it, balancing each class with respect to other classes is a messy thing, coz people wouldn't want others to get ahead of them. And they even blame the lag to torchbugs and deers which means there is no solution to this yet, not in the near future, it is getting worse as more and more players are coming.

Removing siege indicators is a one big leap towards fixing all these problems.
    We are all experiencing lag when there's too much players crowding an area, increasing siege weapon damage was perfect to spread players out, but removing siege indicators to go with its damage is more realistic at the same time perfect for epic battles.
    It will spread out players even further, addressing some lag issues.

On the balancing issues, all have an accessto siege weapons, make it the most powerful tool in PVP and we can say for the mean time that PVP is balanced enough. Then they can work each class.
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

• Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But come to think of it. Put your shoes on that ballista's user, isn't it the most epic moment you can have in this game?

Your pvp results must be outstanding if thats the most epic moment you can think off.....

• JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭

Lets admit it, balancing each class with respect to other classes is a messy thing, coz people wouldn't want others to get ahead of them. And they even blame the lag to torchbugs and deers which means there is no solution to this yet, not in the near future, it is getting worse as more and more players are coming.

We are all experiencing lag when there's too much players crowding an area, increasing siege weapon damage was perfect to spread players out, but removing siege indicators to go with its damage is more realistic at the same time perfect for epic battles.

On the balancing issues, all have an accessto siege weapons, make it the most powerful tool in PVP and we can say for the mean time that PVP is balanced enough. Then they can work each class.

That was a pretty low comment by anyone's standard.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice bait, please tell us more how to improve imuuuursion.
    :]
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually play hardcore PvP MMOs like Darkfall, for example. I wouldn't mind seeing the red circles removed, but this game is never going lose its casual friendly appeal.
    King of Beasts

• BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously pissed people are getting off their siege to save themselves from being one shotted.

Sure remove the indicators, nerf the damage by plenty
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the circle gives an assist as to where it is going, especially sieges that are hidden behind walls arching out of a keep from the ground. Matter of fact the camera angles often force you to completely rely on the circles otherwise trajectory is not traceable when you are operating one as well.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OP, guaranteeing hits with siege is not a difficult task, I suggest you practice your aim and think of scenarios in which you can make guaranteed hits instead of trying to change the game like this.

I read your post as: Dear ZOS, I am bad with siege, please buff siege. (And no your change is not fair or balanced in any sense of the word).
    Edited by Huntler on March 31, 2015 2:24PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The further out you shoot the more time it takes to hit your target. If you are close to your target it is almost instant. Missing a distant target due to travel time makes sense.

Now, if only they would remove the siege indicators of friendly siege.
    Edited by Armitas on March 31, 2015 3:41PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Cervanteseric85ub17_ESO
    I feel sorry for the op that the most epic moment they had in pvp is killing someone with siege. I am not even convinced this is a real post, has to be a troll. It makes absolutely no sense to remove the indicators at all, this is not an FPS, siege should not be doing the damage it's doing but that's another story. In fact I think if siege dmg is staying where it is the circles need to be changed so you can tell the difference between enemy and friendly siege.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    Yes, the circle gives an assist as to where it is going, especially sieges that are hidden behind walls arching out of a keep from the ground. Matter of fact the camera angles often force you to completely rely on the circles otherwise trajectory is not traceable when you are operating one as well.

I think it would be more reasonable for them to leave the red circles for the attackers, so that they can see what they are attacking, just remove the red circles from everyone else's view.
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    people are getting bored with zerg fights, we need a bit of strategy aspect for this game. i can always gank, 1v1, 1vX, join a group and farm ap, a zerg and farm ap again. those are the only thing to do in pvp, not much strategy needed.
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

no, i literally have poor eyesight. and plz do not laugh about it. My bad eyesight has screwed with me my entire life, I do not need you making fun of it. it is rude and uncalled for.

lets start over, hi im Cody!:D and i do not agree with your idea. I do not mind hardcoreness in a game, but making it impossible to tell where siege is going would be pushing it a bit to far in my opinion. Siege is often a huge distance away/behind walls, people cannot see where they will land just based on the siege machine itself(especially balistae, the bolts are faster and harder to keep up with than treb clumps)

Edited by Cody on April 1, 2015 1:25AM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol

rip decibel
  • TagaParti
    TagaParti
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorry for the poor eyesight, i am wearing eyeglasses too.

if you can play that means you can see everything in your screen. and the visual effects of siege weapons are perfect, what's the use of it?

for me, with the same poor eyesight, i can clearly see where the rocks will fall, they have a tail for us to see where it came from at where it will go.
    Sheliza "The Unkillable"

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sorry for the poor eyesight, i am wearing eyeglasses too.

if you can play that means you can see everything in your screen. and the visual effects of siege weapons are perfect, what's the use of it?

for me, with the same poor eyesight, i can clearly see where the rocks will fall, they have a tail for us to see where it came from at where it will go.

then I guess I must have 20/400 vision or something, because I cannot see it unless it is point blank in front of me:/
  • Aminals
    Aminals
    ✭✭✭
    Tldr
    This won't happen because the amount of skill it takes to set up and fire siege pales in comparison to the amount of skill it takes for those on the other end, why widen that gap?
    Plus there's nothing more irritating than when I'm having an honest fight and some nobody one shots me from a mile away. I'm not complaining because I died it just degenerates the gameplay.
    Apollos
  • Karnus
    Karnus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    To the OP, guaranteeing hits with siege is not a difficult task, I suggest you practice your aim and think of scenarios in which you can make guaranteed hits instead of trying to change the game like this.

I read your post as: Dear ZOS, I am bad with siege, please buff siege. (And no your change is not fair or balanced in any sense of the word).

@Huntler
    You said what I was thinking.
    Formerly Karnus, the Marauder in Warhammer.