The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The entire workforce of Devs needs to work on NOTHING but the lag issues. This is ridiculous!

bg22
bg22
✭✭✭✭✭
You mean to tell me that with roughly $15m/month in sub fees, you cannot purchase the most elite servers on the market?

This is out of control. Fix the lag Zenimax!!!!!

Quit "fixing" and "adding" everything else and focus SOLELY on the lag!

[Moderator Note: Edited title]
Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on March 31, 2015 1:52PM
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, let them buff my sorc first. Lag waits almost year, it can wait a little more.
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a hardware issue. It's caused by the way they implemented the Client/Server communication and more specifically, the server side processing of client data.

We (the ex beta testers) have told ZOS about the shortcomings of their implementation for almost two years now ...
    sad.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on March 31, 2015 2:22AM
    Options
  • Froggmann5
    Froggmann5
    ✭✭✭
    bg22 wrote: »
    You mean to tell me that with roughly $15m/month in sub fees, you cannot purchase the most elite servers on the market?

They can't just, "FIX" lag, and never assume that they can. It's literally impossible technologically for them to have Cyrodiil 100% lag free. That's one of the pains of an MMO with battles spanning player amounts up to 200+ on screen at once (Zerging), that aspect will always be around. Also, if they do have a group focused solely on Cyrodiil and the issues related with it.

Unless they want to spend another X Million dollars and X amount of years rewriting the entire net code, this isn't going to happen.

This isn't even something that can just magically go away in a few weeks, or even a few months.
    Edited by Froggmann5 on March 31, 2015 2:24AM
    Options
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    It's not a hardware issue. It's caused by the way they implemented the Client/Server communication and more specifically, the server side processing of client data.

We (the ex beta testers) have told ZOS about the shortcomings of their implementation for almost two years now ...
    sad.gif
    That's the right answer.
    Options
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froggmann5 wrote: »

They can't just, "FIX" lag, and never assume that they can. It's literally impossible technologically for them to have Cyrodiil 100% lag free. That's one of the pains of an MMO with battles spanning player amounts up to 200+ on screen at once (Zerging), that aspect will always be around. Also, if they do have a group focused solely on Cyrodiil and the issues related with it.

Unless they want to spend another X Million dollars and X amount of years rewriting the entire net code, this isn't going to happen.

This isn't even something that can just magically go away in a few weeks, or even a few months.

Wrong.
    Options
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sad.gif

Whether it's servers, whatever hardware, whatever software... The fact remains that it needs to be their top priority.

If my car's engine was blown... I wouldn't be buying new rims for it.
    Edited by bg22 on March 31, 2015 2:33AM
    Options
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't just leave it as is.
    PvP is unplayable more often than not.
    Have not done much PvE since returning but friend of mine say he gets spikes there as well.
    It's a real bummer.

Options
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having 100 people working on a problem does not make it fixed faster then having 10, if the other 90 are not trained in the area. It will make its slower.

I think the bigger issue one of the following
    (1) they have no idea the cause and therefore no idea where to start
    (2) the cause is a fundamental design floor and can not be fixed without breaking or redesigning most of the engine.
    (3) they do not have the money to fix it and need to do changes to get more revenue in before they can fix it
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BrassRazoo wrote: »
    They can't just leave it as is.
    PvP is unplayable more often than not.
    Have not done much PvE since returning but friend of mine say he gets spikes there as well.
    It's a real bummer.

Ive had a few friends leave the game altogether because of the cyrodill lag. as far as pve i havent had any problems.
    Options
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froggmann5 wrote: »

No one is asking for 100%, just a basic playable standard. Something that most other MMO devs seem to be able to manage. What is particularly galling is that in beta and early on we managed to have 200+ players on screen at a time in Cyrodiil with much less lag. Not only are they not fixing them, but the issues are getting worse!
    Options
  • Anoteros
    Anoteros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Megaserver's: Greatest innovation of the MMORPG genre! - said no one ever.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Having 100 people working on a problem does not make it fixed faster then having 10, if the other 90 are not trained in the area. It will make its slower.

(2) the cause is a fundamental design flaw and can not be fixed without breaking or redesigning most of the engine.
    (3) they do not have the money to fix it and need to do changes to get more revenue in before they can fix it

I'll take Door #2.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's working for me, i hate to say it but it's probably a l2p issue.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
    Options
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »

(2) the cause is a fundamental design floor and can not be fixed without breaking or redesigning most of the engine.

I don't exactly agree. There's a lot of crap to sort through. Of your 3 issues, all can be solved by having a lot of ppl working on them. 1, start checking code; one line at a time with a LOT of ppl starting in different directions. 2, start figuring out what needs changed in order to complete a complete overhaul with a LOT of ppl. 3, they have the money... is this possibility a joke?
    Options
  • SpiritusSancti
    I agree, PvP is a joke at the moment and not just the lag. What makes it infinitely worse is reading the forums and finding no acknowledgement of the lag issue. It's bad enough that it exists but to see no response is a game changer, pardon the pun.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And most of the player (mainly the ones crying) need to do nothing but be patient and stop crying on the forums. They can't just fix the lag over night it takes some time to do so and yelling and trolling the forums isn't gonna make them work faster cause they also have a ton of other issues they have to attend to. So shut up be patient and wait.
    Options
  • cisadanepajsuxrwb17_ESO
    To those who doesnt know what the word 'Auriel's Bow' means when it comes to lag, let me tell you this : Current lag issues are infinitely better than it was way back then, you should count yourself very lucky.

It doesnt absolve the devs from their obligation to provide some sort of explanation on what they are actually doing (if any) to tackle this very important problem
    Options
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MIght, or not, it help fix lag to ban guilds that purposefully cause lag in Cyrodiil?

I've been in ginormous battles when no one was causing extra lag, and others (only moments ago, but throughout the day) when well known exploiters were causing it on purpose, and with a lot less people around. It is amazing to me that of things that would concern a gaming company, exploits and causing their own equipment to malfunction isn't the #1 ToS enforcement priority. What on earth else could be?
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, PvP is a joke at the moment and not just the lag. What makes it infinitely worse is reading the forums and finding no acknowledgement of the lag issue. It's bad enough that it exists but to see no response is a game changer, pardon the pun.

Paul sage acknowledged it a month or so ago. He basically admitted it to being a code design issue. His recommended solution was to do all the other wonderful things cyrodil has to offer besides sieging...
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS have devs????
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hire the best in the industry and pay them what ever it takes . No one under 20 years of current experience . No more interns and no more out sourcing !

I wanna see old people with coke bottle lense glasses working on this !!!

These 20 and 30 year old kids need to work on creative writing not coding .
    Options
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

sad.gif

Whether it's servers, whatever hardware, whatever software... The fact remains that it needs to be their top priority.

If my car's engine was blown... I wouldn't be buying new rims for it.

Warhammer had the same issues and it never got fixed.

What do you think why so many games get canceled over time? Because the Developers are unable to make the clients work. You can not just swap parts out of a game code, this doesn't work. Every line refers to another, removing or tweaking them takes a long time as you must adjust everything else as well.

As much I would love to see a smoother gameplay, its nothing they can do I am afraid. They would had to code the whole game under Mantle & SLI support, change the amount of draw calls made, work on the network code to allow faster progressing ... I just don't see this happening :(
    Options
  • b_archaonpreeb18_ESO
    Some things:

The lag is NOT 24/7. It comes and goes. I've been in large battles in pop-locked campaigns with little lag and in small battles where no one could cast anything. Therefore the fundamental client/server logic works, it simply bugs out under certain conditions.

Forcing the entire workforce to solve a single issue is stupid. For one, not all devs know how to program and solve network problems. See also: Brook's law
    Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why people defend the developers on the lag issues. Other f2p games that has more players and bigger battles don't come close to the lag we get now.

Options
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta agree with OP. Yesterday Grotto was lagging so hard that we kept wiping for almost 2 hours at last boss. Skills didn't work, ppl were warping all over the place, invisible boss attacks, you name it. Oh and don't get me started on PvP. We were running for the scroll before yesterday and two our entire raids crashed. Clients of 40+ ppl suddenly stopped responding...
    Edited by inf.toniceb17_ESO on March 31, 2015 8:00AM
    Options
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hate to be so mean but they do seem to have very bad coders working at Zeni... I've never seen so much random stuff break and bug out in any game ever.

It's just ridiculous in my mind, sure you get bugs and stuff in games but what I've seen/found in ESO just makes me go "How?" so bloody much... a lot more than any other game I've played.

Only about a year and CU comes out :)
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
    Options
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they can really. This is the same team that can't seem to fix shadow cloak since beta. A year later and the thing still half works.

If they can't fix a skill, how can they do more complex stuff?
    Options
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And most of the player (mainly the ones crying) need to do nothing but be patient and stop crying on the forums. They can't just fix the lag over night it takes some time to do so and yelling and trolling the forums isn't gonna make them work faster cause they also have a ton of other issues they have to attend to. So shut up be patient and wait.

The fact that they have a ton of other issues does not exactly speak in their favor, does it?

I, and many other "loyal" subscribers, have been very patient with them for the past year. I have now seen enough to think that they will never get the game to work as intended. After a year of serious problems, empty words and broken promises, my patience is now finally running out.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The entire workforce of Devs needs to work on NOTHING but the lag issues"

Would you like a dentist instead of a surgeon to operate on your eye?

They are both doctors, after all.
    Edited by Sharee on March 31, 2015 8:34AM
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    "The entire workforce of Devs needs to work on NOTHING but the lag issues"

Would you like a dentist instead of a surgeon to operate on your eye?

They are both doctors, after all.

I'd prefer a Ophthalmologist :D
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.