The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Will of the Council Quest is Bugged

abazingas
abazingas
During the quest Will of the Council (Fighters Guild) I went into the Fighters Guild (for the first time during that quest) and the portal was already open, and Aelif wasn't there. There was a quest marker (the "go through door" one) suspended in midair, where the portal is supposed to be, but the portal was invisible, and I can't activate it. When I look in my journal at the quest, I am still at the first stage, which is "Talk to Aelif." I can't advance in the quest at all. I've tried /reloadUI, exiting the Fighters Guild and re-entering, abandoning the quest and starting it again, closed and re-opened my game, even restarted my computer. Does anyone know what I can do to figure this out?

If it helps, I'm in Ebonheart Pact and this is happening in Stormhold.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will of the Council shouldn't be in Stormhold at all; it's the Rank 5 quest, so it should be in Riften. How long did you leave it when you abandoned it? To ensure a quest fully resets after abandoning it, you should also log off for 15 minutes.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • abazingas
    abazingas
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Will of the Council shouldn't be in Stormhold at all; it's the Rank 5 quest, so it should be in Riften. How long did you leave it when you abandoned it? To ensure a quest fully resets after abandoning it, you should also log off for 15 minutes.

I will try abandoning the quest then logging off to see if that works. I will get back to you tomorrow.

But I'm not sure about the whole quest being in Riften though... I'm not doubting you though, I'm pretty sure my game is messed up.

Thanks!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you're waiting, I can give you a breakdown of how the quests work, and where they are:
    Every Guild quest is based on your Guild rank; to get the first quest , you need to be Rank 1, to get the second quest, you need to be Rank 2, and so on.
    Once you have reached the appropriate rank (and completed the previous quest), Bera Moorsmith will appear outside any Fighters Guild and give you the quest. She will say that someone is waiting for you at a specific Fighters Guild hall. The city the hall is in is based on the quest's minimum level:
    1. Anchors from the Harbour (Lvl 8) - Davon's Watch (EP), Vulkhel Guard (AD), Daggerfall (DC)
    2. The Dangerous Past (Lvl 15) - Mournhold (EP), Elden Root (AD), Wayrest (DC)
    3. The Prismatic Core (Lvl 25) - Stormhold (EP), Marbruk (AD), Shornhelm (DC)
    4. Proving the Deed (Lvl 33) - Fort Amol (EP), Vulkwasten (AD), Sentinel (DC)
    5. Will of the Council (Lvl 43) - Riften (EP), Rawl'kha (AD), Evermore (DC)
    So you may get the quest from Bera Moorsmith in Stormhold (or anywhere else), but you should have to go to Riften to meet Aelif. Something you could try if it's bugging out in Stormhold is going to a minor city, like Kragenmoor in Deshaan, and finding Bera Moorsmith at the Fighters Guild there instead.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • abazingas
    abazingas
    Thank you!

This was actually my brother's problem, but he was just too lazy of a butt to figure it out.

My problem is here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/162964/cant-get-will-of-the-council-fighters-guild?new=1

Help?