The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Error 209 since patch

Trisstraeb14_ESO
Receiving Error 209 since the patch, unable to repair - attempting to do so prompts error 209. Restarted launcher, computer, etc.
  • Talwyn_Aureliano
    Talwyn_Aureliano
    ✭✭✭
    I had this error as well yet it was a non game breaking error so up till now I had ignored it.

Today I choose to fix it so I went to the support FAQ and followed the instructions TO THE LETTER and restarted my machine.

Once that was done I the got a error 210 message so I went back to the FAQ to look up the solution to that problem and once more followed the instructions and to my total disgust and frustration I have found that the "fix" is that the game basically re-installs itself

:/

Essentially I have wasted 32Gb of download bandwidth and hours of time fixing a minor problem that, to be honest, wasn't a real problem as I could still play the game.

Basically the advice should be this: uninstall the game then re-upload it, sit back and twiddle your thumbs as you waste bandwidth and time.

Thanks for nothing

• Intrilo
    Intrilo
    ✭✭
    i get the same error, what to do?! I REALLY dont wanna uninstall and reinstall the game again.
  • lunareast
    lunareast
    I had this error as well yet it was a non game breaking error so up till now I had ignored it.

Today I choose to fix it so I went to the support FAQ and followed the instructions TO THE LETTER and restarted my machine.

Once that was done I the got a error 210 message so I went back to the FAQ to look up the solution to that problem and once more followed the instructions and to my total disgust and frustration I have found that the "fix" is that the game basically re-installs itself

:/

Essentially I have wasted 32Gb of download bandwidth and hours of time fixing a minor problem that, to be honest, wasn't a real problem as I could still play the game.

Basically the advice should be this: uninstall the game then re-upload it, sit back and twiddle your thumbs as you waste bandwidth and time.

Thanks for nothing

I did exactly the same thing and yes, you guessed it... my game got deleted and now i'm stuck redownloading and reinstalling the entire thing...

NOT happy....
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi, all. We are closing this thread because there is already a thread about this issue.
    Keeping threads consolidated allows us to help players more efficiently and facilitates the visibility of different issues. We encourage you to head to that thread to continue your discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.