Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

so how much is siege hitting for post 2.0.3?

derpsticks
derpsticks
✭✭✭✭
Just curious, I am at work and can't login till later tonight.
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭
    I wish my work would get sieged.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it wasn't nerfed to bad. Over the weekend it seemed as if most players had adapted . Having strong siege definitely has added another dimension of strategy/tactics.
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, I like how hard it hits, I just want to know how much harder some abilities were making it hit.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WebBull wrote: »
    I hope it wasn't nerfed to bad. Over the weekend it seemed as if most players had adapted . Having strong siege definitely has added another dimension of strategy/tactics.

You don't read patch notes do you? They didn't nerf siege damage, they nerfed buffs that some people were using to boost it further. You won't really notice much of a difference, in my experience over the last week most of the population wasn't taking advantage of this.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't see anymore 40k hits.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still enough to one shot most players...which begs the question "Who gives a damn about the buffs?" If it's one-shotting, it's one-shotting, doesn't matter whether it's 25k or 50k. It's still stupidly powerful.
    f2e002216c0a52f228da21b1198cad0e.png
    QQing is a full time job
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    WebBull wrote: »

You don't read patch notes do you? They didn't nerf siege damage, they nerfed buffs that some people were using to boost it further. You won't really notice much of a difference, in my experience over the last week most of the population wasn't taking advantage of this.

I read the patch notes and I am sorry my wording was not to your preference. I was referring to overall damage.
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you invested any points into the reduced fire damage champion star? Im not entirely too sure but I think it will reduce the fire damage from siege. That said, about 5 points into it should shave a good 1k damage off of that. Combine that with the reduced DoT damage star and you should have enough of a chance to purge the remaining damage.
  • prose08b14a_ESO
    prose08b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    derpsticks wrote: »
    Have you invested any points into the reduced fire damage champion star? Im not entirely too sure but I think it will reduce the fire damage from siege. That said, about 5 points into it should shave a good 1k damage off of that. Combine that with the reduced DoT damage star and you should have enough of a chance to purge the remaining damage.

Siege damage ignores all resists.
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is not resist, it is % damage reduction. Does siege ignore that too?
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »
    Still enough to one shot most players...which begs the question "Who gives a damn about the buffs?" If it's one-shotting, it's one-shotting, doesn't matter whether it's 25k or 50k. It's still stupidly powerful.
    kill_it_with_fire.gif
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    kill_it_with_fire.gif
    Edited by skarvika on March 30, 2015 8:51PM
    QQing is a full time job
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler can you confirm if champion point passives reduce siege damage?
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not convinced CP works properly. I have points in bashing that reduces the targets speed and I haven't seen it.
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen the new soul shatter passive proc even once.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not convinced CP works properly. I have points in bashing that reduces the targets speed and I haven't seen it.
    Some of them work properly...I've got all my magicka points in healing effectiveness; those definitely boost the stats of my heals. Dunno about some others though, I had a bunch of points in armor increase before but I seemed just as squishy as before.
    Edited by skarvika on March 30, 2015 10:25PM
    QQing is a full time job
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    kill_it_with_fire.gif

I don't count 3 dot ticks as a "1 shot"

If you don't heal/purge/shield/something then yeah.

What's the point of siege that can't kill?
    Edited by Domander on March 30, 2015 10:30PM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Try not being a vampire or wearing flamable PJs on the front line. Works for me. ;)
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Try not being a vampire or wearing flamable PJs on the front line. Works for me. ;)

Wearing steel armor or flammable PJs makes no difference to siege damage, since it's not mitigated by armor. If it works for you, then you probably don't know what works and what doesn't.

Even though I'm not a vampire, having a mechanic that pretty much one-shots vamps means no-one will end up being a vamp in Cyro. Some may cry "justice", but extremes are never nice. Currently everyone is weredog for the stamina regen.

I think fire damage in particular needs some adjustments. And they need to fix Firepot trebs landing the first DoT at the same time as the actual hit.

Edited by Maulkin on March 30, 2015 11:15PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler can you confirm if champion point passives reduce siege damage?

It's been bugged by a lot of people that the champion passives designed to lower your incoming damage to dots, elemental, and magic/pos/dis are actually amplifying it. No comment from our chiefs on the matter.
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I should rephrase the question and ask, are champion passives designed/intended to lower incoming siege damage?
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valnas wrote: »

It's been bugged by a lot of people that the champion passives designed to lower your incoming damage to dots, elemental, and magic/pos/dis are actually amplifying it. No comment from our chiefs on the matter.

I don't know about the others, but I just tested elemental defender against fire (not siege) and it's working fine.
    Edited by Domander on March 31, 2015 12:02AM
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my fireballista shot went down 27 points on inner postern walls :)
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I should rephrase the question and ask, are champion passives designed/intended to lower incoming siege damage?

I can't answer that directly, but the CS passive to boost physical damage increased my outgoing siege damage
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭

You stood in fire? LOL!
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭

There's a pvp set that "reduces dmg from aoe AND SEIGE DMG" can't recall what it is but is a pvp set from each faction I think.
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not asking about a set that reduces damage. I want to know if putting points into elemental defender and thick skinned will reduce the incoming damage from siege weapons.
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't answer that directly, but the CS passive to boost physical damage increased my outgoing siege damage

I take that back, it is back to 2k against keep walls
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've tested and both the AoE reduction and elemental reduction reduce albeit slightly the affects of siege damage. As others stated, resists do not.
    Edited by Sacadon on March 31, 2015 3:01AM
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put some more points in health, I have like 23k and never get one-shotted, the only time I die to siege is when I forget to heal, react too late - and ofcourse staying in the red circle. Siege is fine.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired