The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

NB feeling like the lesser Sorc

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didnt I see post 1.6 threads saying Sorc is useless and been nerfed to death?

Im only posting, because you are basically right. To a point, Sorc are now the OP build in PvP that DK was.

Used to be I would see DK go in to any situation and believe they could survive long time no worries. Now its only Sorc I see doing this.

Overall, Sorc has always needed some tweaks (bolt is OP, etc). Anyone that can survive 10 weaved WB in a row from my Temp you have to ask if that is balanced.

Oh Post Note:

ZOS, again, fix targeting. Sorc with 4 pets on you is stupidly OP. I fought one of these and my tab targeting would NOT hit the Sorc. This is a guaranteed I win for this class, which no one else has or can counter. Only you can fix the game so tab targeting matters - and that should have been done ages ago.

The wheel in the middle of your mouse allows you to pan back. I believe there is an addon that lets you pan back even farther?

Also, 4 pets?
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭

Im only posting, because you are basically right. To a point, Sorc are now the OP build in PvP that DK was.

Used to be I would see DK go in to any situation and believe they could survive long time no worries. Now its only Sorc I see doing this.

Overall, Sorc has always needed some tweaks (bolt is OP, etc). Anyone that can survive 10 weaved WB in a row from my Temp you have to ask if that is balanced.

Oh Post Note:

ZOS, again, fix targeting. Sorc with 4 pets on you is stupidly OP. I fought one of these and my tab targeting would NOT hit the Sorc. This is a guaranteed I win for this class, which no one else has or can counter. Only you can fix the game so tab targeting matters - and that should have been done ages ago.

The wheel in the middle of your mouse allows you to pan back. I believe there is an addon that lets you pan back even farther?

Also, 4 pets?

My wheel is used for synergy. Quick and easy
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NB has access to ridiculously good magicka and stamina sustain. Stam sustain translates directly in to good defense even for magicka builds

Fear is the best CC in the game, way to try and downplay it by comparing it to a 1.8s root spell that takes 3 second to arm.

NB burst is on-demand and mostly instant cast. Sorcs burst is hidden behind long cast times (det, frag), delays (curse, det) or random chance (frag procs). Curse and det also have giant graphics that let the target know they are about to go boom.

NB burst is also higher than anyone else when using weapon/guild skills that are common to all classes due to the from invis/crouch bonus to crit and weapon/spell damage (and 8%magicka passive)

It's actually a running joke in our groups currently, how good NB is. They are better than anything else, with top end gear

Stamina is irrelevant here as I'm clearly not talking about it.

This one made me laugh pretty hard, so nice for doing that. First of all the sustain? Yes... any class can pull off good sustain... lol?

Trying to downplay fear? No fear is amazing, I use it a TON, but what do we use it for? Melee people against us, sorcs completely negate getting ANYWHERE close to them with mines, as burst + a few mines (good damage from them) = death.

The whole cast time for sorcs.... I have a buddy, his name is Cloud. He runs a vr3 sorc atm. If you call his burst "Delayed or long cast times" I think after you saw it you would realize how irrelevant that statement alone is. So what if it takes 3 seconds to burst someone? They can facetank them for 3 seconds, and at command stack those shields RIGHT back up.

And finally running in groups. This one was the best part. You completely disregarded my entire statement before the post "Solo or small group player" Believe it or not some of like to play where WE actually earn the kills and not have 30 other people behind us zerging.

Thanks for the compliment"I think" however sorcerers are far from the best Magicka class nbs and sorcerers have different bonuses that key into their effectiveness, it's simply a counter game. The main issue I see is people don't understand the other classes and how to effectively counter them. The reason my sorcerer is good is because I tested it against every class multiple times. the issue with this is people don't understand how to effectively counter sorcs because pre 1.6 they were null and void, just my opinion of course. But I think some proper theorycrafting would work wonders and I'd be willing to help anyone with that in game. My @ name is cloud.strife. if you would like some help on effectively countering classes or how to effectively play stam nb/ Magicka sorcs I would be more than willing to help
    Zagine- GM of Virtual Carnage
    Zagine - Nightblade <v14>
    Angelus Secutae - Sorcerer <non-vet>
    Faranth - Dragonknight <v2>
    Angelus Mortis - Templar <v1>
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NB has access to ridiculously good magicka and stamina sustain. Stam sustain translates directly in to good defense even for magicka builds

Fear is the best CC in the game, way to try and downplay it by comparing it to a 1.8s root spell that takes 3 second to arm.

NB burst is on-demand and mostly instant cast. Sorcs burst is hidden behind long cast times (det, frag), delays (curse, det) or random chance (frag procs). Curse and det also have giant graphics that let the target know they are about to go boom.

NB burst is also higher than anyone else when using weapon/guild skills that are common to all classes due to the from invis/crouch bonus to crit and weapon/spell damage (and 8%magicka passive)

It's actually a running joke in our groups currently, how good NB is. They are better than anything else, with top end gear

This one made me laugh pretty hard, so nice for doing that. First of all the sustain? Yes... any class can pull off good sustain... lol?

Trying to downplay fear? No fear is amazing, I use it a TON, but what do we use it for? Melee people against us, sorcs completely negate getting ANYWHERE close to them with mines, as burst + a few mines (good damage from them) = death.

The whole cast time for sorcs.... I have a buddy, his name is Cloud. He runs a vr3 sorc atm. If you call his burst "Delayed or long cast times" I think after you saw it you would realize how irrelevant that statement alone is. So what if it takes 3 seconds to burst someone? They can facetank them for 3 seconds, and at command stack those shields RIGHT back up.

And finally running in groups. This one was the best part. You completely disregarded my entire statement before the post "Solo or small group player" Believe it or not some of like to play where WE actually earn the kills and not have 30 other people behind us zerging.

Thanks for the compliment"I think" however sorcerers are far from the best Magicka class nbs and sorcerers have different bonuses that key into their effectiveness, it's simply a counter game. The main issue I see is people don't understand the other classes and how to effectively counter them. The reason my sorcerer is good is because I tested it against every class multiple times. the issue with this is people don't understand how to effectively counter sorcs because pre 1.6 they were null and void, just my opinion of course. But I think some proper theorycrafting would work wonders and I'd be willing to help anyone with that in game. My @ name is cloud.strife. if you would like some help on effectively countering classes or how to effectively play stam nb/ Magicka sorcs I would be more than willing to help
    The reason your Sors is good is because it is the most OP class right now. This was the reason why my DK was good before 1.6. I am still happy with my DK but actually what happened in 1.6 is that Sors are the new DKs because now they have some skills which synergize very well with each other and can be combined with other powerful skills. That was the case before with the DKs. Actually sors are good only because of BE. If they dont have BE they will be mortal as all the other classes.
    Now about the synergize: changing impenetrable increased the sors dps. Their deffence is strong based on damage shields so they do not need any armor and spell resistance and no skills crit on them while they have shields. No magicka cap means more shields, more DPS, more BE.

Because I can!
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my Magika NB I can kill pretty much anything.. except a ward spec sorc, which is every sorc. Could be worse, we could be DKs, who had their whole play style gutted /shrug.

@Nivzruo_ESO o_ESO you had to remind me....

I haven't played my NB in almost three months because they're just so *** at surviving in PvP, and no, I don't consider running away surviving... I want something that can take and deal damage equally. DK was that... Now DK is well... A pile of dung, with some decent casting abilities, and useless skills because if you get up close to almost any other class they'll shred you as a DK in LA, and MA.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    x_Reckonerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

The reason your Sors is good is because it is the most OP class right now. This was the reason why my DK was good before 1.6. I am still happy with my DK but actually what happened in 1.6 is that Sors are the new DKs because now they have some skills which synergize very well with each other and can be combined with other powerful skills. That was the case before with the DKs. Actually sors are good only because of BE. If they dont have BE they will be mortal as all the other classes.
    Now about the synergize: changing impenetrable increased the sors dps. Their deffence is strong based on damage shields so they do not need any armor and spell resistance and no skills crit on them while they have shields. No magicka cap means more shields, more DPS, more BE.

My sorcerer is veteran 4. I'll fight you with it without even having be on my bar. Would that change your opinion. However with that I feel that bolt escape falls short as a skill compared to reflective scales. Once again I have one of every class. Bolt escape is an escape route that is all It is not there for damage whatsoever
    Zagine- GM of Virtual Carnage
    Zagine - Nightblade <v14>
    Angelus Secutae - Sorcerer <non-vet>
    Faranth - Dragonknight <v2>
    Angelus Mortis - Templar <v1>
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    On my Magika NB I can kill pretty much anything.. except a ward spec sorc, which is every sorc. Could be worse, we could be DKs, who had their whole play style gutted /shrug.

I haven't played my NB in almost three months because they're just so *** at surviving in PvP, and no, I don't consider running away surviving... I want something that can take and deal damage equally. DK was that... Now DK is well... A pile of dung, with some decent casting abilities, and useless skills because if you get up close to almost any other class they'll shred you as a DK in LA, and MA.

thats how sorcs and NB work, both have no viable heal so facetanking is a nogo for them.

@Draehl the advantage of cripple is granting major expedition aka 40% speed buff, that stacks with concealed and other NB speed enhencements and allows you to run fast enough to catch up a bolting sorc while you are invisible to her making the sorc uncertain if you are still chasing her or not.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• TheElementalPlatypus
    Tankqull wrote: »

thats how sorcs and NB work, both have no viable heal so facetanking is a nogo for them.

@Draehl the advantage of cripple is granting major expedition aka 40% speed buff, that stacks with concealed and other NB speed enhencements and allows you to run fast enough to catch up a bolting sorc while you are invisible to her making the sorc uncertain if you are still chasing her or not.

The part you messed up is saying sorcs can't face tank. Sorcs don't need heals SHIELDS are the heals. You can't crit them and so what if you know you can kill them? It takes a while because as long as they can shield they can survive. They literally have 1 resource pool to manage - magic. Stamina is quite easy to manage and since a sorc only needs 15-17k health AT most, leaves plenty of room to give Stam. Magic = heals, escapes, DPS, and is practically their health, that IMO is the imbalance. No other class can have it so easy to stack ONE thing and be insanely tanky IN LA.
  • oRioNoTime
    oRioNoTime
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP, Magicka NB are very weak right now, both in PvE and PvP.

In PvE is totally awful, you do around than 12k dps while other classes/spec are doing easly 15k.
    And no one gives a *** about the off healing you provide, this game is a dps race, people wants a full dps!

I'm enjoying very much my NB magicka in PvP, I can do a lot of 1v3.
    But as soon you find a SKILLED player with a DK or a Sorcerer you can't win, you have to run.
    You miss the burst damage necessary to kill them in a 1v1 situation.

Sorcerer have a better escape, survivability and burst damage.

The useful skills are only a few and they don't excel.
    Dark cloak seems OP to the mass but it is easy counterable, when you find a good opponent they can nullify it and you are ***.

The spec really needs a revamp.
    Orio N - Nightblade Caster - DC EU - First Ruler of Auriel's Bow
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like another L2P Issue regarding Sorcs... lol I love it.

Sorcs are not OP. They are easy to kill once their resources are gone. 2 good Crit Rushes and im left with 10% HP when my resources are out.

NBs can easily roll dodge away from a fight. I've SEEN it. How the heck does a guy roll dodge away from a group of 10 then vanish? Oh, thats a NB for ya.

DKs have flap flap. So theres your counter. Done and done.

Templars can just heal thru my DPS, counter me and finish me off with Radiant Destruction
    (which btw is the only execute in the game that has the longest range and goes through walls.... -.- if anything nerf that).
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• TheElementalPlatypus

Sorcs are not OP. They are easy to kill once their resources are gone. 2 good Crit Rushes and im left with 10% HP when my resources are out.

NBs can easily roll dodge away from a fight. I've SEEN it. How the heck does a guy roll dodge away from a group of 10 then vanish? Oh, thats a NB for ya.

Templars can just heal thru my DPS, counter me and finish me off with Radiant Destruction
    (which btw is the only execute in the game that has the longest range and goes through walls.... -.- if anything nerf that).

Sounds like another read before you post. Never once did I say sorcs are OP as they aren't they CAN be countered pretty easily, unless they are competent and skilled. MY issue is they are downright BETTER than magic NB in EVERY way. Also any class is easy to kill once their resources are gone, but TRY to drain a sorc's magic pool, oh wait, if they understand how to manage it, GOOD LUCK.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The part you messed up is saying sorcs can't face tank. Sorcs don't need heals SHIELDS are the heals. You can't crit them and so what if you know you can kill them? It takes a while because as long as they can shield they can survive. They literally have 1 resource pool to manage - magic. Stamina is quite easy to manage and since a sorc only needs 15-17k health AT most, leaves plenty of room to give Stam. Magic = heals, escapes, DPS, and is practically their health, that IMO is the imbalance. No other class can have it so easy to stack ONE thing and be insanely tanky IN LA.

Maybe stop their shielding? That's what I do.
  • TheElementalPlatypus

Please elaborate, one does not simply "stop" a sorc from shielding
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any NB that is complaining about sorcs needs to learn all the dirty tricks you can do with fear. Fear rips through my stam so damn quickly. Plus a few NBs know how to use it to chain stun you with it.

You have the best CC in the game. Use it.
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any NB that is complaining about sorcs needs to learn all the dirty tricks you can do with fear. Fear rips through my stam so damn quickly. Plus a few NBs know how to use it to chain stun you with it.

Basically
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh Post Note:

Well ive officially now seen it all. There are now people complaining about sorc pets.

Yes ZoS, I agree. Pets OP. Please nerf it is too hard to freaking mouse point at your targets.

Zos already has two fixes to this....Xbox one and PS4.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • oRioNoTime
    oRioNoTime
    ✭✭✭

Talking about Magicka NB, arguing about dodge roll, you really don't know what are you talking about eh?

I don't want to say that Sorc are OP, in some scenarios, if used by skilled player, they are just superior and that is not a big problem because most of the sorc don't even know what they are doing and reading this forum is a confirmation of that.

Orio N - Nightblade Caster - DC EU - First Ruler of Auriel's Bow
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oRioNoTime wrote: »

Talking about Magicka NB, arguing about dodge roll, you really don't know what are you talking about eh?

I don't want to say that Sorc are OP, in some scenarios, if used by skilled player, they are just superior and that is not a big problem because most of the sorc don't even know what they are doing and reading this forum is a confirmation of that.

and thats sth i would disagree, magica NB are extreamly powerfull(and even less player use them in a worthwhile way as 90% play a NB with the intention of beeing the typical melee rogue) and face the same problems as sorcs do, and personally i prefer cloak(in combination with all the speed buffs Nbs have access to) over BE +HW.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly the only real problem I have with the NB as a class is that you can completely ignore the cloak, just pop a detection pot and you can completely negate that defence. I wish I could pop a pot and the enemy sorc couldn't bolt escape and DK couldn't use scale and templar couldn't use blazing shield.

There is nothing more annoying than thinking you get away from a fight just to have a player pop a potion and kill you (since you just burnt your whole *** magicka pool hoping to sneak away).
    Edited by Kuro1n on April 1, 2015 11:09AM
  • TheElementalPlatypus
    Kuro1n wrote: »
    Honestly the only real problem I have with the NB as a class is that you can completely ignore the cloak, just pop a detection pot and you can completely negate that defence. I wish I could pop a pot and the enemy sorc couldn't bolt escape and DK couldn't use scale and templar couldn't use blazing shield.

There is nothing more annoying than thinking you get away from a fight just to have a player pop a potion and kill you (since you just burnt your whole *** magicka pool hoping to sneak away).

Great thing to point out. Ever since launch every class had a shield, or a way of absorbing damage for a while. Templars have blazing shield. Dk has reflect, and sorcs have BE and shields. NB has nothing defense except.... Mirage and cloak. Heck agony doesn't go through block AND has a cast time yet petrify does both, breaks with damage AND roots afterwards. We have cloak which is VERY powerful when it works. In fact it is better than shields to some degree. But the problem is that it doesn't, wrecking blow pops it, which in an outnumbered situation they can spam it and allow EVERYOME else to hit you. Detect pots COMPLETELY negate it. There is magelight that counters it as well. Which I have no idea why everyone should have access to a hard counter for cloak... But not Bolt escape BLAZE SHIELD OR REFLECT. Simple thing break it too such as entropy.

WAIT FOR IT. OUR OWN DOTS BREAK IT, YEP OUR OWN DOTS. Does a Templars damage break his shield? Does a DK's reflect reflect back at him? Does a sorcs bolt escape not work after every dot? No they don't.

ZOS why is it so hard to fix one thing, ONE THING. It's been a year now, there is 0 excuse for as to why there has not been a fix. You had time to work on the Templar shield, nerf reflect, give bolt escape an increase cost, but no time to fix cloak. I'm baffled, I mean I gave up thinking they would ever fix anything after they said they fixed lag in cyrodiil, after I bought the game for huge fights only to have it crash while I mount my horse in the middle of nowhere.
    Edited by TheElementalPlatypus on April 1, 2015 11:50AM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please elaborate, one does not simply "stop" a sorc from shielding

Well, the easy answer is use crowd control. Volcanic Rune is especially handy for killing sorcs. However, fear is no slouch...

The trick is timing the cc. Sorcs typically won't shield or BoL away until their UI tells them their shield is down. If you throw your cc down on the opener and don't have the DPS to complete a kill in the space of a cc break, or the sustain to force the sorc out of stamina, practice holding the cc some number of seconds. I actually ended up putting it into my rotation based on when a typical sorc will notice their shields are down. Works more than half the time (80%+ if you count the people that take more than a second to break cc).

If you can't kill them that way, you built yourself tanky and shouldn't expect to solo kill anyone that is moderately good at PvP. The basic issue is that ZoS made ESO an FPS in 1.6. You can still hit for 12-14k through full heavy armor. So, heavy armor is really just added ttl for people that don't want to refresh active defenses or heal very frequently.

I hear you guys about magicka NBs being gutted. I switched my NB to a stamina build. Do not really have to use cc with a proper NB stamina build...
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭

CC immunity is granted... so not sure why this is the best CC in the game... also every class has a cc that goes through block...