The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Sorcerer - Pet Damage

Tizerak
Tizerak
✭✭✭
I'm somewhat still unclear on what magicka &/or spell damage affects these days since I haven't played in months.
But, mainly in regards to the Unstable Clannfear and Twilight Matriarch are they only affected by Magicka? Or spell damage too? Like what if you use Entropy and then summon your minions?
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I understand pets only scale off of max magicka. Daedric curse being the exception as a skill that increases pet damage.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Tizerak
    Tizerak
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    From what I understand pets only scale off of max magicka. Daedric curse being the exception as a skill that increases pet damage.

Thanks for the response!
    By the way; do all spells then work off both magicka/spell damage? Is resto/destro staff damage based only off spell damage?
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tizerak wrote: »
    Cuyler wrote: »

Thanks for the response!
    By the way; do all spells then work off both magicka/spell damage? Is resto/destro staff damage based only off spell damage?

Here is a great post that goes into the calcs. Be aware this was originally intended as a guide for 1.5 and has been changed slightly for 1.6 but most of the theory still applies.

Basically if its a skill using magicka it scales off of both spell damage/max magicka (this is most resto/destro skills). If the skill uses stamina it scales off of both weapon damage/max stamina ( a lot of class skills have a stam morph option).

Base weapons damage (i.e. light and heavy attack damage) as I understand it doesn't scale off of spell, weapon, mag or stam but is a function of your weapons item level (ie. 1-v14), your CPs (i.e. staff expert), and your characters passives (which is directly correlated to your character lvl and/or race). This point has not been clarified in the patch notes however (they are vague on the subject) and I have not seen any guides on the subject so take it with a grain of salt, it's my observation. Still waiting for someone, anyone @ZOS to confirm this. ;)

Edited by Cuyler on March 30, 2015 4:31PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never used my pets as damage dealers. I use them to draw aggro on mobs and bosses so that I can DPS them from range. I know my pets are killing things for me, but I don't rely on that.

I approach things this way:

1. Target a mob or boss and use the Y key to send the pets in
    2. Wait for the boss or mob to settle into one place (they always do, usually in front of the Clanfear) and then fire off a spell like Lightening Flood and follow up with Endless Fury weaved with Light or Heavy attacks, repeating the lightening flood as needed
    3. Loot the corpses
    Edited by Nestor on March 30, 2015 8:33PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ageofknowledge
    If I acquire a pet such as the panther, will it attack the enemies I'm fighting when I enter combat?
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I acquire a pet such as the panther, will it attack the enemies I'm fighting when I enter combat?

No. It's just a "cosmetic" pet.
  • ageofknowledge
    Hmm... why then is Nestor saying he can send his pet into battle for him???
    LameoveR wrote: »

• LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... why then is Nestor saying he can send his pet into battle for him???
    LameoveR wrote: »

He talks about Sorcerer's pets.