The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

One-Shot-One-Kill in ESO PvP?

blackweb
blackweb
✭✭✭✭
I dont think that any ability or siege engine should be able to kill anyone in one shot in Cyrodiil PvP.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think zergs/groups should be able to sit in one spot and be able to heal thru everything thrown at them while causing massive lag.

give me insta kill siege over massive lag any day.
    Edited by Cody on March 30, 2015 3:10AM
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    I don't think zergs/groups should be able to sit in one spot and be able to heal thru everything thrown at them while causing massive lag.

Cody is going after my sorc, so I usually avoid agreeing with him. I hate it when I am forced to agree.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »

Cody is going after my sorc, so I usually avoid agreeing with him. I hate it when I am forced to agree.

who is your sorc?

if its someone who uses bolt escape; I will likely never kill you. lol

BE makes one too mobile for me to keep up with them.

Now if I was using 2H i could, but im bow/DW.

maybe I should switch to 2H. become a WB spammer and tick people off. hehehe:)
    Edited by Cody on March 30, 2015 3:44AM
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got 2 shot tonight, but it happened so quick that it might as well have been a one shot. Focused Aim + Shooting Star. Tried to cloak through the meteor but apparently my reaction time was a bit off.

As for siege, I like it just how it is (minus the nuke firepot treb....that bug should be fixed).
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fatalyis wrote: »
    I got 2 shot tonight, but it happened so quick that it might as well have been a one shot. Focused Aim + Shooting Star. Tried to cloak through the meteor but apparently my reaction time was a bit off.

As for siege, I like it just how it is (minus the nuke firepot treb....that bug should be fixed).

The animation of shooting star is quite long as you can see on your feets.
    If he used a stealth attack and a ultimate, timed it well and you did nothing against it, you should die.. Seems fine in my opinion.

Anyway, fire trebuchet needs a fix..

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that any ability or siege engine does one shot (sans treb bug), so you should love the game!
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    CEO & Founder of [KG] Knight Gaming
    @RivenEsq
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭

Insta-kill siege is not an effective counter to lagsploit. Siege is not mobile, lagsploit mobs are. Lagsploit mobs can turn on a dime, siege cannot. Lagsploit mobs can hide, siege cannot.

If instakill siege was designed to counter lagsploit then it has failed miserably.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    blackweb wrote: »

Insta-kill siege is not an effective counter to lagsploit. Siege is not mobile, lagsploit mobs are. Lagsploit mobs can turn on a dime, siege cannot. Lagsploit mobs can hide, siege cannot.

If instakill siege was designed to counter lagsploit then it has failed miserably.

seems to work better than the zerg busting skill in the alliance war skillline:D

• Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

The animation of shooting star is quite long as you can see on your feets.
    If he used a stealth attack and a ultimate, timed it well and you did nothing against it, you should die.. Seems fine in my opinion.

Anyway, fire trebuchet needs a fix..

Oh, he timed it quite well, and I'm not complaining that it's a bug/exploit/blablabla. As I stated above, he got the jump on me and the very second I saw the runes at my feet I got hit with Focused Aim (something like 11k damage) which stunned me. I broke the stun and popped dark cloak but, either ability lag or my slow reaction time kept the cloak from preventing the hit.

No complaints here, just sharing a story.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen it more effective on smaller groups than zergs.

1. So much easier for a zerg to just charge through it and have enough people come out on the other side to kill any siege.
    2. Umm they can put up siege too.

I have started recording some fights to go back and look to see what I can do differently and you know what I see lately? Mostly just running around spamming purges and heals. Occasional gank defense. Then the very rare actual fight.
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I've seen it more effective on smaller groups than zergs.

1. So much easier for a zerg to just charge through it and have enough people come out on the other side to kill any siege.
    2. Umm they can put up siege too.

I have started recording some fights to go back and look to see what I can do differently and you know what I see lately? Mostly just running around spamming purges and heals. Occasional gank defense. Then the very rare actual fight.

One-shot-one-kill siege does seem more effective against small groups than lagsploit zergs.

One-shot-one-kill siege has become just another exploit.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also; who isn't in some form of voice chat? Good luck dodging when more groups start ironing out firing simultaneously to pepper the entire area at the same time. Advantage: Zerg who will always have enough siege to do so.
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    My question is: who are the people that are using scattershot catapults? Did they not get the memo?

I rolled right into a red circle last night (there were a ton of them) and was expecting to get blasted when, lo and behold, I got hit for like 1k damage.
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    My question is: who are the people that are using scattershot catapults? Did they not get the memo?

I rolled right into a red circle last night (there were a ton of them) and was expecting to get blasted when, lo and behold, I got hit for like 1k damage.

The scattershot only does 1k damage?

Miss something in testing ZOS?

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well currently there is to much DPs vs. The current levels of health... FPS pvp game play styles are not good in a mmorpg. It turns so many people off to the PvP aspect of the game....

Investing all into health in PvP is not reasonable since you also PVE..

I would like to see the health bonus further increased to 10k which is 1 hit in PvP on some abilities..... I do not believe this is to much to ask...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think every ability and siege engine should be able to one shot, that way nobody can cry about anybody being overpowered.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very yes
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Well currently there is to much DPs vs. The current levels of health... FPS pvp game play styles are not good in a mmorpg. It turns so many people off to the PvP aspect of the game....

I would like to see the health bonus further increased to 10k which is 1 hit in PvP on some abilities..... I do not believe this is to much to ask...

As a seasoned CS fan, in most FPS games you have to actually aim the headshots.
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    dietlime wrote: »

Just get the siege up quickly and hit the general area, that's all it takes.
  • nukeemstudiosub17_ESO

Only if it worked like that!! Siege doesn't have the effect you are describing. All this siege damage helps is EP. Due to the population difference. And a certain guild that will remain nameless (plays on EP) can lag right through the siege. they have done it every time they want a scroll or a keep from anyone.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackweb wrote: »
    I dont think that any ability or siege engine should be able to kill anyone in one shot in Cyrodiil PvP.

if a player puts extra effort into building something that not even 1% of the population can pull off, then why not? one shot one kill is OK for me.

i've seen a few emperors where they were built for AoE and they can go one-shot-many-kill all day long....

not everyone, of course. but perhaps some VR1 light armor?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dietlime wrote: »
    Durham wrote: »

Exactly, but that's also why instagib is a bad idea here. In most shooters there's skill involved to achieve instant death of the enemy, you have to aim perfectly among other things. But here you just point at stuff, can even lock on the target, than press random key and as long as the enemy is in range it will hit. Some MMO's are even worse, can mash a macro with target X, cast 4 3 4 lol. When it's this easy to nuke someone, you really cant have people dying in 2 hits, it trivializes PvP.
  • jpalm1995
    jpalm1995
    ✭✭✭
    Stack weapon damage and pop rally, grim focus, camo hunter and then snipe someone. 1-shot kill.
    I always say that I hate this game, yet for some reason i'm still here.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good thing there aren't multiple threads opened on this topic every day. It could get really old seeing it over and over again if there were.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing should be able to do that.
    QQing is a full time job
  • Deviante
    Deviante
    ✭✭

Only if it worked like that!! Siege doesn't have the effect you are describing. All this siege damage helps is EP. Due to the population difference. And a certain guild that will remain nameless (plays on EP) can lag right through the siege. they have done it every time they want a scroll or a keep from anyone.

/facepalm
    Your one sided, misinformed look at pvp is hardly even worth the response.
  • nukeemstudiosub17_ESO
    Deviante wrote: »

/facepalm
    Your one sided, misinformed look at pvp is hardly even worth the response.

Really why dont you, in your infinite wisdom tell us (who play PVP ALL the time and do not even PvE) how it is.
    Tell us how siege has made the game better. Go ahead, I'll wait! And please tell me how firsthand knowledge of PvP (considering thats ALL I do) is misinformed. We have ALL seen the certain group causing "havok" in thorn. not taking damage from siege. Tell me how is my post one sided or misinformed? you telling me that it evens the odds against the zerg? Or are you just another EP troll on here to go after people who call it like it is. If you say it is any different you have no idea what you are talking about. you are probably one of the ones who couldnt kill anyone before cause you dont know how to play your class and love the siege change cause you think it makes you good.
    Edited by nukeemstudiosub17_ESO on April 4, 2015 11:22PM
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any change in one-shot-one-kill instagib siege?