The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Looking for a potato and rye for the writ quest

SawahGurl
SawahGurl
Soul Shriven
I've searched and searched for a potato and the rye ingredients to complete the cooking write quest, but I cannot find the ingredients. Anyone know of where these are located?
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I've seen them in containers.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, updating my previous post. You can get potatoes from a grocer or find in containers. I did find rye in several containers on my last stealing trip through a warehouse.

Anyone know where I am most likely to find a Mazte recipe? I'm looking on both NA and EU servers.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mazte is a L5 EP alcohol recipe which was once "Suns Dusk Ale" from AD. Search the Region One Areas.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the heck are they giving a writ for an EP recipe out in a writ in AD?
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got a couple of each send a whisper and I'll hook Ya up . The first ones free ... but you'll be back .. Oh Ya
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »

"Was".

The recipes aren't faction-specific anymore, but some of the new ones were converted from old ones.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Was". The recipes aren't faction-specific anymore, but some of the new ones were converted from old ones.

As I_killed_Vivec (so did I actually) said they aren't faction specific, however they are still region_level specific with the possible exception of Coldharbour where I pick up all levels of recipes.

If you want L1/L5/L10/L15 recipes search Region 1 and the starter areas (ie Glenumbra, Stonefalls or Auridon), L20/L25 Region 2, L30/L35 Region 3, L35/L40 Region 4 and L40/L45 Region 5. It's related to the material components for crafts in general I think which you get from critters of the appropriate levels.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want L1/L5/L10/L15 recipes search Region 1 and the starter areas (ie Glenumbra, Stonefalls or Auridon), L20/L25 Region 2, L30/L35 Region 3, L35/L40 Region 4 and L40/L45 Region 5. It's related to the material components for crafts in general I think which you get from critters of the appropriate levels.

Another way to get recipes, especially the rare greens, blues and purples is to do the Crafting Writs. Your Recipe level determines what level recipes you get in the Container. I am almost complete on the L1 recipes, so it will soon be time to move them up one level for the L2 recipes. However I have never had this many L1 Blues and L2 or L3 Blue/Purples before that I get from the one provisioner at L3.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SawahGurl
    SawahGurl
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you everyone. LOL i discovered that one of the guild vendor merchants sells them :)
  • TheRealDoc
    TheRealDoc
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Grocers

The range of goods varies, just find a decent one that suits you near to a wayshrine and you're set for life.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    TheRealDoc wrote: »
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Grocers

The range of goods varies, just find a decent one that suits you near to a wayshrine and you're set for life.

I have been testing the Grocers from that link, and so far I find that all but two of them have the same 12 ingredients. I still have a couple in EP, Coldharbor, Craglorn & Eyevea to check, but I think they all sell the same 12 items. Which are the 12 ingredients shown across the top of the linked grocer page.
    NA - DC - DK - PC