Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happened to PvP?

akray21
akray21
✭✭✭✭✭
I left back in October, now PvP is crap... It is all about the stamina builds and magicka builds (at least NB magicka builds) are not viable. Does anyone have a NB magicka build for PvP?
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Sypher on March 29, 2015 6:14AM
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, this is a solid build. But I suck at sustain. I need a burst NB magicka build.
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    Thanks, this is a solid build. But I suck at sustain. I need a burst NB magicka build.

That's about as bursty as it gets. The crazy upfront damage comes from Stamina builds. The magicka builds like Syphers are about as bursty as you'll get.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draehl wrote: »

That's about as bursty as it gets. The crazy upfront damage comes from Stamina builds. The magicka builds like Syphers are about as bursty as you'll get.

Dang... I had a build back a few months ago that was doing 2,000+ damage from stealth (Bosmer NB) and could burst down a single target very quickly. That same build now can do jack crap.

As a magicka user they took away some of my class abilities, yet all weapon abilities are still stamina based... they need to make magicka based weapon skills.

I'm a healer in PvE and thats not fun in PvP, so if I want high burst I have to switch my build completely to stamina for PvP.
    Edited by akray21 on March 29, 2015 3:30PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    its all about spamming damage shields, dodge rolls, and hard hitting abilities like WB
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    its all about spamming damage shields, dodge rolls, and hard hitting abilities like WB

Sounds fun... looks like I'll stick to some dailies and come back to PvP once it's fixed.

NB is the only class that lacks a damage shield, not going to keep hitting my head against the WB and Steel Tornado spam wall... sigh
    Edited by akray21 on March 29, 2015 3:56PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, First off you can all stop talking about "Burst" ok, this aint a fruit discussion, we aint talkin about a grapefruit where u aply enough pressure and you get a "juice BURST" shot at the enemy!
    rediculas!
    we are talking about nightblades and the LACK of damage output that we nightblades have, that is supose to go into this rogue type class.
    how about puting something meaningfull into the discussion like how to actually have a stamina based or magicka based damage output that is equal to the dragonights and sorcerers!
    thank you.
    Edited by Gilvoth on March 29, 2015 4:03PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and furthermore i would like to add that nightblades do not have a self heal that is instant and that is proper to use like the dragonights have that dragonblood that instantly heals them or the soercerers have that gives them 50,000 damage shilding perminant, or the templars insta heal to all damage we do is swallowed up as if was Nothing!
    after thier fully healed (all 3 classes) then we are out of magicka and out of stamina and we die from them.
    i have been playing a nightblade now for almost 2 years (including beta) and i can assure you we do not have equality with the other classes, i will even go as far as to say we completely SUCK as a class!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the developers saw fit to allow us nightblades a speed boost in our sneek speeds and a damage boost in our sneak damge and BOTH of those treats were completely removed without any compensation or balance.
    i will never forget they did that and the audacity it took to insult our class like that!
    every single day i think about this as i play my nightblade.
    im not happy with this situation. im really angry about it.
    Edited by Gilvoth on March 29, 2015 4:23PM
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    The current team has little understanding of the original vision and mechanics of ESO. So it's natural that they make horrible decisions. Only time will tell if they'll destroy the game or not.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB has no sustain heal or shield, and thus should excel in quick hit damage, but the class simply does not.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sounds fun... looks like I'll stick to some dailies and come back to PvP once it's fixed.

NB is the only class that lacks a damage shield, not going to keep hitting my head against the WB and Steel Tornado spam wall... sigh

I just stick to blackwater blade, where there is actual balance:/
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with the NB class, and why it will always be the weakest class in the game, is its lack of a class based damage shield and a reliable, quick self heal. a NB has to go with a magicka build and use a restoration staff just to keep themselves up as long as the other 3 classes.

Dks get dragon blood, sorcerers get a very powerful damage shield, templars get a crap ton of heals, and NBs get:

a cloak whose only helpful state is dark cloak, even then it only applies to DoTs.

"Strife" which heals for only 25% of the inflicted damage every 2 seconds; utterly useless due to the perma block/damage shield stack meta.

at least NBs get aspect of fear; the only block breaking ability in the game; but that is not enough to compensate for the class'es lack of sustainability. it needs to be looked at and fixed.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with the NB class, and why it will always be the weakest class in the game, is its lack of a class based damage shield and a reliable, quick self heal. a NB has to go with a magicka build and use a restoration staff just to keep themselves up as long as the other 3 classes.

Dks get dragon blood, sorcerers get a very powerful damage shield, templars get a crap ton of heals, and NBs get:

a cloak whose only helpful state is dark cloak, even then it only applies to DoTs.

"Strife" which heals for only 25% of the inflicted damage every 2 seconds; utterly useless due to the perma block/damage shield stack meta.

at least NBs get aspect of fear; the only block breaking ability in the game; but that is not enough to compensate for the class'es lack of sustainability. it needs to be looked at and fixed.

well said.
    if we simply had a proper instant health skill and also a knock down skill to stop others from healing then we would be equal to others in survivability and damage output.