The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bug on the Cadwell's Silver completion

Infinite196
Infinite196
Soul Shriven
Well i completed all but one check mark on the Cadwell's Almanac and the last one it is on Shadowfen.
I did all the previous quets,as you can see on the screenshots i attached, and i can start the last one there is no dialogue option ,other than the vanilla one either with Vicecanon Servyna, to get the The Mnemic Egg quest , or Gerent Nuleem-Malem ,to get The Dominion's Alchemist, oddly enough there is one npc still following me when i get to Hatching Pools eventhough i have no active quests in Shadowfen.
I already made a bug report ingame aobut 7 days ago but since i had no answer there and this makes me stop playing with my main i had to make this post
Thanks a lot and see you guys later.
Screenshots : http://imgur.com/l9A7aiI,9iwC72w,dqFb56K,9NERat6,BbxIWfM,78rjJOK,npFoX5w,Sgfg8Am,ZXbz4UM,qfB7WRx#0
  • Tipsy247
    Tipsy247
    ✭✭✭
    All of Stonefalls and Bal Foyen is bugged for my character on Cadwell Silver. It is such a mess I am not even sure how to explain it. In short, I get the dialogue to start the quest, but when I should start a quest it just pings like I instantly complete it or something with no reward and does not completely check off Cadwell's Almanac. I've put in two tickets, but they refuse to believe it is a bug.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i completed all but one check mark on the Cadwell's Almanac and the last one it is on Shadowfen.
    I did all the previous quets,as you can see on the screenshots i attached, and i can start the last one there is no dialogue option ,other than the vanilla one either with Vicecanon Servyna, to get the The Mnemic Egg quest , or Gerent Nuleem-Malem ,to get The Dominion's Alchemist, oddly enough there is one npc still following me when i get to Hatching Pools eventhough i have no active quests in Shadowfen.
    I already made a bug report ingame aobut 7 days ago but since i had no answer there and this makes me stop playing with my main i had to make this post
    Screenshots : http://imgur.com/l9A7aiI,9iwC72w,dqFb56K,9NERat6,BbxIWfM,78rjJOK,npFoX5w,Sgfg8Am,ZXbz4UM,qfB7WRx#0
    Odd... are you sure you haven't completed The Dominion's Alchemist already? Have you tried going to the middle of Loriasel to see if The Dream of the Hist is available?
    Tipsy247 wrote: »
    All of Stonefalls and Bal Foyen is bugged for my character on Cadwell Silver. It is such a mess I am not even sure how to explain it. In short, I get the dialogue to start the quest, but when I should start a quest it just pings like I instantly complete it or something with no reward and does not completely check off Cadwell's Almanac. I've put in two tickets, but they refuse to believe it is a bug.
    What sort of "ping" are you seeing? Can you list the specific locations you are having trouble with?

It may not help with either of your issues directly, but the details on Cadwell's Almanac at UESP list all of the required quests, rather than just the location objectives.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Infinite196
    Infinite196
    Soul Shriven
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Odd... are you sure you haven't completed The Dominion's Alchemist already? Have you tried going to the middle of Loriasel to see if The Dream of the Hist is available?
    What sort of "ping" are you seeing? Can you list the specific locations you are having trouble with?

It may not help with either of your issues directly, but the details on Cadwell's Almanac at UESP list all of the required quests, rather than just the location objectives.

Well you can see on my previous screenshot that i didin't finish the quest ,The Dominion's Alchemis, but here is some more just to make sure.I already tried to get someone to share me the quest but nothing happend ,on every single point possible by the way, well as you can see i'm stuck on the Ebonheart pact for now.
    Thanks for you help either way and have a nice week .

http://imgur.com/lUs805d,r1L7i22,EE7D0Pm#0
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well you can see on my previous screenshot that i didin't finish the quest ,The Dominion's Alchemis, but here is some more just to make sure.I already tried to get someone to share me the quest but nothing happend ,on every single point possible by the way, well as you can see i'm stuck on the Ebonheart pact for now.

Can you get inside Loriasel? I can't see anything from your screenshots that necessarily suggests you haven't finished The Dominion's Alchemist, just that you haven't finished Loriasel. The fact that the Loriasel Objective is shown (http://imgur.com/npFoX5w,EE7D0Pm) and not greyed out suggests that you must have previously started The Dominion's Alchemist (the Objective only appears on the map when the quest is started). The fact that that is not in your journal anymore suggests that you also finished it.

Loriasel is completed by doing two quests, The Dominion's Alchemist and The Dream of the Hist, and it's possible you may have finished the first one (which is why nobody will give it to you), but not the second one. If you can get inside Loriasel, look for Vicecanon Heita-Meen, as she should have the next quest. If you can't get inside, then I'm afraid I can't help further :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Infinite196
    Infinite196
    Soul Shriven

Can you get inside Loriasel? I can't see anything from your screenshots that necessarily suggests you haven't finished The Dominion's Alchemist, just that you haven't finished Loriasel. The fact that the Loriasel Objective is shown (http://imgur.com/npFoX5w,EE7D0Pm) and not greyed out suggests that you must have previously started The Dominion's Alchemist (the Objective only appears on the map when the quest is started). The fact that that is not in your journal anymore suggests that you also finished it.

Loriasel is completed by doing two quests, The Dominion's Alchemist and The Dream of the Hist, and it's possible you may have finished the first one (which is why nobody will give it to you), but not the second one. If you can get inside Loriasel, look for Vicecanon Heita-Meen, as she should have the next quest. If you can't get inside, then I'm afraid I can't help further :)

Finaly, i got inside and somehow the quest is there , about 4 days ago i spend like 2 hours runing around inside the dungeon and i could not find the quest , well thanks a lot man that was realy helpful.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Finaly, i got inside and somehow the quest is there , about 4 days ago i spend like 2 hours runing around inside the dungeon and i could not find the quest , well thanks a lot man that was realy helpful.
    Nice one! :grin: Now let's see if we can help @Tipsy247 as well.
    Try to break down the problematic locations in a list, and maybe we can help get you through them. This "pings like I instantly complete it" situation is a bit weird though...
    Edited by Enodoc on March 30, 2015 11:45AM
  • Tipsy247
    Tipsy247
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, I will try my best with this.
    When I first arrived to Stonewalls I went and explored the area doing random things.
    When I later decided to do the questing storyline I went and did all of the Bal Foyen quests (I chose to save the keep instead of the docks)
    I was never told to go warn Davon's Watch
    I went to Davon's Watch hoping the quest would pop up. Nothing happened and the city was already instanced the like I had saved it.
    I returned to the man in the keep (Holgunn I think) but he just thanked me for saving the keep.
    I went to the docks. There is a lot of dead bodies all over, but a lot of living npcs as well. One of the dead bodies had the option to examine it so I did. Dialogue popped up like it was alive and talking to me.
    I checked my Cadwell's Almanac and Davon's Watch text was highlighted white instead of gray.
    I moved onto the next spot and the spot after that and so forth. Every now and then I would receive a quest to go backwards and talk to so and so because my help was needed there.
    When I went back and talked to so and so I would not get the quest to help them, but the Cadwell's Almanac would highlight that part white as well.
    This was around March 14 when I did this. Since then I have returned a few times and explored the rest of Stonefalls trying to find a quest that will let continue on with the "storyline" quests there, but everyone talks to me like I have completed it all already.
    Edited by Tipsy247 on March 31, 2015 12:38AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh, that's a bit awkward :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    As I said above, white Cadwell's Almanac text indicates that you have started the objective, and it's ticked off when it's complete (in theory). It may be that, like Infinite196, you've done one of the required quests but not all of them. Do you have any ticked-off Almanac objectives in Stonefalls?

Here's a list of all the Stonefalls Almanac quests and pointer quests, and where the quest giver is found:
    • Davon's Watch
    • Pointer Quest: Quiet the Ringing Bell - Tanval Indoril, outside Indoril Manor (takes you to Ash Mountain)
    • Pointer Quest: Mystery of Othrenis - Garyn Indoril, at Ash Mountain (takes you to Othrenis)
    • Othrenis
    • Pointer Quest: To Ash Mountain - Onuja, hiding behind a pillar near Mavos Siloreth's tomb (takes you back to Ash Mountain)
    • Ash Mountain
    • Pointer Quest: In With the Tide - Walks-in-Ash, at the top of Ash Mountain (takes you to Vivec's Antlers)
    • Vivec's Antlers
      • The Coral Heart - Captain Noris (or Sergeant Larthas), near the access road to Vivec's Antlers
    • Pointer Quest: To Fort Virak - Holgunn, in the camp at Vivec's Antlers (takes you to Fort Virak)
    • Fort Virak
      • Breaking Fort Virak - Sergeant Gjorring, on the road to Fort Virak; or Garyn Indoril, in the camp just south of Fort Virak
      • Evening the Odds - Walks-in-Ash, inside the Fort Virak Ruin (entrance to the south of the fort)
      • The General's Demise - Tanval Indoril, outside Virak Keep at the southern end of the fort
    • Pointer Quest: City at the Spire - Holgunn, outside the westernmost building of Fort Virak (takes you to Kragenmoor)
    • Kragenmoor
    • Pointer Quest: To the Tormented Spire - Sen Dres, inside the Grandmaster's Palace (takes you to Tormented Spire)
    • Tormented Spire
    If you have some white, unchecked Objectives, look for the second or third quest givers. Note that if you've completed the first quest at a location, the pointer quests taking you there will not appear.