The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Slow Game Download? A solution.

mikeburns
mikeburns
Soul Shriven
TLDR - download/update to the most recent version of Java.

After much gnashing of teeth today trying to download the game after installing the launcher, I tried all solutions available to no avail. This included port forwarding/triggering, changing my DNS server, rebooting my router/PC, etc.

Still I was only able to download at 20-40 KB/s, which is insane when I have a 50Mb/s connection.

After trying all of these things, I remembered that when I initially installed the launcher, I saw some message about Java, which I quickly dismissed.

I figured, hey, why not download the latest Java version (unfortunately,) so I did. After doing so? 7 MB/s consistent download - 60 Mb/s per the Task Manager, 10 above my "paid for speed."

Not sure why this worked, but I followed the same procedure on my Surface Pro 3 (we'll see how it runs on there) and had the exact same scenario. So it is worth a try!
  • NiightOwl
    NiightOwl
    At least it fixed it for you. Downloading the patches after the explorer's release and only on the first.. DL speed is 120KB/s but that might be my ISP. I have the latest Java.
  • Vexian
    Vexian
    ✭✭
    Night owl, didn't you say in another forum post that you have frontier Internet? That's probably part of the problem right there. I know in my area they offer frontier Internet and one other company (***) and I refused to get frontier because I knew how bad it is. Granted *** communication is t the best either but of my only choices I didn't go with frontier.
  • NiightOwl
    NiightOwl
    Yes, but Frontier is all we can get where I live and my ISP's average is closer to 3Mbps download speed. I'm not sure what we pay for but I doubt we're getting it. Trying to get my father to call them and complain. We've been 'coping' with Frontier for around a year or two now..
  • Vexian
    Vexian
    ✭✭
    Yeah frontier did t even offer a download speed close to what I wanted. With *** I have a 150mbps Download and I have rage about 75-125
  • NiightOwl
    NiightOwl
    Well with any luck, this 20GB patch is the only patch I have to download.. Doesn't look that way though.. 3% done, though the launcher probably hasn't applied anything yet?