The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can't get my crafting certification

TheVindelator
TheVindelator
✭✭✭
So this is odd...

I started a new character and can't find the quest to begin the crafting certification. I've done it before with no trouble but this time I can't find the NPCs in the Daggerfall mages' or fighters' guilds. There's no quests on the writ boards either. Where do I start this?

Does this quest have minimum level? Am I doing something wrong?

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a minimum level now, 6.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I had to level my mules to do writs again.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TheVindelator
    TheVindelator
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! I've been banging my head on the wall for a while on this one.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    why does not not say anywhere in game that there is a minimum level.

Got the provisioner one.

Now when I talk to blacksmith/woodworker/clothier gal, verbally she's telling me to pick what I want to train in first, but the screen only gives me the choice of "goodbye'.

So far I'm on bug report #4 I think.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • huskertr1
    huskertr1
    Soul Shriven
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    why does not not say anywhere in game that there is a minimum level.

Got the provisioner one.

Now when I talk to blacksmith/woodworker/clothier gal, verbally she's telling me to pick what I want to train in first, but the screen only gives me the choice of "goodbye'.

So far I'm on bug report #4 I think.

I'm having the same issue
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay turns out that you can only have a single crafter writ (learning thing) active at once, and I had started and not finished the enchanter one, then forgot about it and tried to talk to the woodworker/blacksmith/clothier person.

Finally someone told me to finish the writs (learning how to do them) I'd started with the consumables trainer - and that ended up fixing it.
    Edited by newtinmpls on June 16, 2015 11:24PM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you have done the starting quests area you are usually level 6 by the time you return to your main starting city. It only disrupts players who want mules who stay in the city at lvl 3
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heck when I get out of Cold Harbor, I'm usually 4th level already.

On the other hand I know plenty of folks who try to skip or minimize CH content because they really don't want to be over-leveled any time soon.