Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Minimum HP needed for Vet Dungeons and DSA (if using Hardened Ward)

Erock25
Erock25
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I haven't done any group PVE since 1.6 hit live and I was wondering what the minimum amount of HP my Sorcerer needed to be accepted in Vet Dungeon groups? Because of PVP and how Hardened Ward scales, I currently have all 62 points in Magicka and the absolute bare minimum health pool. Could I survive Vet DUngeons with good reflexes and constantly keeping Hardened Ward up with the minimum in health?
You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • rosy_ariete
    rosy_ariete
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno about the sorcerer skills, but I can tell you, after some experience in PTS first and in live then, that the min HP you should have to survive is about 20k with food buffs (vet14).
    Otherwise, especially in light armor, you could be easily oneshotted. :D
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    20K seems to be the right number. I heal all the vet dungeons and don't have any issues staying alive in full 7/7 light.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 23k health with food when I do vDSA, and never use hardard ward until 9th stage
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah it seems my plan to go in with the minimum HP (with food buff) which is around 13k, will not work. It is too much of a DPS loss to recast Hardened Ward every single time I take any damage at all. It is a shame because any points put into HP is a negative for PVP.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done VR dungeons and DSA with multiple sorcerers having as little as 15 hp. No problem at all, no deaths, since they keep the Ward up 100%.

But for VR DSA you probably need a bit more. Sadly never completed it with a sorcerer in the group, so cant really say. But I expect a sorcerer with a 15-20k shield being able to face-tank a lot of things that one-shots everyone else, like 30k Lethal Arrows and Wrecking Blows from bosses.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran through Shada's Tear (the hardest of the Lower Craglorn delves) with two players who had done this, and literally had 12k HP with everything else in Magicka. They survived absolutely fine thanks to my amazing healing until the last two bosses, the spider and Shada herself. I was actually amazed that this build was even that feasible.

The problem with relying on shields is that if you hit lag, you'll die. I use S'rendarr's addon to keep an eye on my shields, but they still drop out sometimes because of a lag burst. If I didn't have a good 23k in Health with food, my Sorcerer would die a lot more often than he does. Then again, he needs more Health because he is the Healer and needs to keep himself alive so that the rest of the group stays alive.

I'd certainly run a veteran dungeon or regular DSA with you with 13k HP, although you'd probably do better with a bit more HP and Spell Symmetry.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The top clear in NA for vet DSA was done with both DPS at 14k health, with no damage shields in the mix. While its not something I'd suggest most players to run with, you can certainly do it.
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on April 8, 2015 2:41AM
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Cîanai
    Cîanai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completed DSA Vet as Sorcerer with 18k Health (buffed) and without shields :)