The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is C.O.D.?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Can anyone explain this mail option to me?

I've tried searching the forum but C.O.D. returns only French language topics and COD returns people complaining about Call of Duty.

I assume it stands for Cash On Delivery, and I'd guess from that it's supposed to allow trade via mail without the risk of sending items/gold and never getting anything in return but I have no idea if that's correct.

Also I've seen people in-game selling items and offering different prices for a direct trade or C.O.D. Why is that? What difference does it make?
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does mean cash on delivery. By the way, make sure you have the right option so that you accidentally send gold along with the order.

The reason to direct trade over COD is there is a postage fee. Either the buyer or seller will have pay that, buyer by way of increasing the COD to cover the postage. Direct trade has no fee.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    It means give me my money.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will stress that it is easy to choose the Option to send money instead of asking for it COD, so be careful on that.

When the buyer receives the email, they have to pay the gold to get the items. The mail times out in 3 days and is sent back to you if they do not pay the price.

There is a COD and postage fee. The postage fee applies if your just sending stuff, but not for just sending a message to someone. This helps if you are not in the same zone, or the same alliance, like cross faction guild mate buying something from you.

Face to face trading is nice, but it can take some time to find each other. Use landmarks and sit still so we can find you if you go this route.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, that's really helpful. :)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"