The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Further increase health points in Cyrodiil, 10k pref.

Soris
Soris
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok now Cyrodiil passive health buff is 5k currently. The average health in Cyrodiil is around 20k-23k with food buff. It's even lower if you go with drink buff for regen.
There are many things hit around 5-10k range and everyone is able to crit now. Plus siege weapons hit 10k-20k lately.
There are also these in Cyro as passive ->
  • Decreased shield strength
  • Decreased healing received
  • Increased cost of block and dogde in general
So,
You can literally take 2-3 shots before you die. Fights are usually happening like this-> you burst your foe to death or you got bursted by and die. There is no middle ground. There is no time for rebuffing, charging heavy attacks, well timed bash anymore. Just stack your buffs, hit once and poof 50% health is gone. Such skillz wow. Fight ends in 1 minute. Now go buy some soul gems from crown store, make us rich. Right? /nerdrage off

It's overkill Zos.

Inb4 wear heavy armor/block/dodge... Nope. You're wrong. Dodge is ok maybe but the other 2 is garbage with all the debuffs and ridiculous stamina drain unless you go for full tank and have literally no dps.
Edited by Soris on March 26, 2015 6:31PM
Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Put more attribute points into Health.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok your way.. Put 60 points in health. have 30k health and 10k magic, 10k stamina. Good luck on killing a mudcrab.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep to Poxheart. If you want more hp you can spec accordingly.
    Edited by Derra on March 26, 2015 6:44PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Yep to Poxheart. If you want more hp you can spec accordingly.
    Or just roll a Sorcerer! Huhu!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing would get really annoying with larger health pools.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for genius comments guys. Not sure if trolling or serious. We have around 10k less health already compared to 1.5. Please tell me how do you increase your health without losing from your dmg pool?

I have 22k H, 10k M, 20k S with food.. And warious sets for maximum stat gain. So if want 5k more health, then I would only have 5k magika or 15k stamina. Is it really good you think as you suggest?
    Edited by Soris on March 26, 2015 7:11PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    I personally like the pace of combat. Now if we could just get rid of permablocking.
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Agreed, though now there is often little opportunity to get a heal off due to the burst often dished out. IMO increase max health but reduce heal/shield strength would offer a combined situation that I think would be favorable.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree with the rest.....resilient or damage ..take your pick.
    You have to choose now or be compromised in one way or another.
    Everyone is in the same boat unless they have a shed load of CP.

5 k more health is on 22k health is 1.22x....you need 250 CP in stamina to get that... happy grinding ;)
    Edited by Rune_Relic on March 26, 2015 9:44PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

Or roll a sorc..
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Healing is ludicrous when you can easily out damage by burst and heal debuffs. Think about before 1.6 where we had 1/3 more health compared to now, it wasn't much problem to burst people down if you really want to do.

This change I suggest also prevent things like blazing shield to being over nerfed(through health pools and Cyrodil shield nerf). Sure I'd benefit from it as a templar but the point is mainly TTK and damage/health pool balance. It's not good for anyone to get 1 shot (2 shot) from a random guy with a greatsword even in heavy armor. It's not good for any non FPS game anyways.

This issue and removal of soft caps together turn game into a FPS game no doubt on that.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris_ESO wrote: »

Healing is ludicrous when you can easily out damage by burst and heal debuffs. Think about before 1.6 where we had 1/3 more health compared to now, it wasn't much problem to burst people down if you really want to do.

This change I suggest also prevent things like blazing shield to being over nerfed(through health pools and Cyrodil shield nerf). Sure I'd benefit from it as a templar but the point is mainly TTK and damage/health pool balance. It's not good for anyone to get 1 shot (2 shot) from a random guy with a greatsword even in heavy armor. It's not good for any non FPS game anyways.

This issue and removal of soft caps together turn game into a FPS game no doubt on that.

I was actually meaning for the healer; not the person trying to kill someone being healed.

As it is; part of me thinks the siege damage is a bit high now, but the silver lining is that maybe it would get people to spec more in health. Giving DPSers 5k more health would only encourage more stacking of their DPS pool.

As for health based shields; that 15% nerf was the wrong answer to different shields stacking based off that same DPS pool that was the problem. It just made those still tolerable while making health based ones practically detrimental when they can be one shot and still have damage that gets applied straight to you, unmitigated.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    We dont have any trouble with dieing at all. The current setup is very hard to solo do everything (i.e. tank, heal and do dps). So you need one person to tank, one to heal and one to dps. A raid with 24 dps is gonna get whiped awfully fast. Specialize and coordinate. Or complain on the forums, whichever works best. Probably complaining
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skafsgaard wrote: »
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

Or roll a sorc..

Not enough. Roll a sorc with ward, and just spam your overpowered spell damage. Every fragment and curse has the damage of snipe, just lot faster, and CC. And streak if needed its escape and CC.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    My HP is 23k unbuffed and I'm a measley vr6. The amount of health players have isn't the problem, it's that some abilities are able to knock out 50% or more of someone's hp in one hit. In my opinion, the damage skills do just needs an overall rehaul.
    QQing is a full time job
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    34k Health
    11k Magic
    21k Stam

With Food.

They don't need to raise the HP, they need to fix the TTK. It's absurd... As the OP pointed out, you either go glass cannon and kill something before it kills you, or you go Tank, and block until you die.

There's absolutely no middle ground to balance builds anymore, it's just stupid and boring IMO. There's not even an option for a viable Magic burst build, go Stamina to burst and die. Go Magic for sustain and die, go Tank for die.

Die die die.

Die. Die.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    34k Health
    11k Magic
    21k Stam

With Food.

They don't need to raise the HP, they need to fix the TTK. It's absurd... As the OP pointed out, you either go glass cannon and kill something before it kills you, or you go Tank, and block until you die.

There's absolutely no middle ground to balance builds anymore, it's just stupid and boring IMO. There's not even an option for a viable Magic burst build, go Stamina to burst and die. Go Magic for sustain and die, go Tank for die.

Die die die.

Die. Die.

This is kind of what i've seen...if I don't stack the hell out of weapon damage and stamina to extreme levels..I can't get through Sorc Shields to kill them...
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    34k Health
    11k Magic
    21k Stam

With Food.

Die die die.

Die. Die.

So much this. Burst is out of control, which only further encourages zerging and discourages hybrid/attrition type builds.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    34k Health
    11k Magic
    21k Stam

With Food.

Die die die.

Die. Die.

do you have any weapon dmg and reg at all? those numbers are incredibly high
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    34k Health
    11k Magic
    21k Stam

With Food.

Die die die.

Die. Die.

do you have any weapon dmg and reg at all? those numbers are incredibly high

It seems exteme to me too. The only time I can hit over 30k health without messing my other attributes like regen and power and stam/magic, is with emperor, ayleid and food buff and maybe structured entropy stacked together. In normal day, I have 20k-25k max depening on my mood and im no glass cannon at all. It's just a normal sustain build with decent dps and survivability.

Also those drink buffs are so good to not to use them. But running around with 18k health is like going out in public naked.
    Edited by Soris on March 28, 2015 10:16PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make friends with a healer.. adapt.. the time to ignore damage and just run in guns blazing is over.
  • Horrum
    Horrum
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree. PvP is now the best it's been in a long time. Make use of attribute points, enchantments and set bonuses if you need more health.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do not forget that healing and healers were also nurfed..

- More points needed in HP = less points in "healing attributes"
    - Templars have no escape skill and a bad absorb shield, exept they have more than 30k HP
    - Resto Staff abilities no longer do stack with templar's healing skills (no more +10% healing)
    - No more 80% health / 80% stamina regeneration buff (Radiant Aura, instead you get the same effect you get from a "standard regen potion")
    - Light Armor nurf also hits healers very hard (no escape skill, no resistances, no good absorb shield, no no no :)

So generally, healing is less effective in PvP if you have a "realistic" Templar who spec's into some defense/sustainability/HP. A templar can go for max spell dmg but not so many will do so but this is another topic, too long to be discussed here.
    While Sorcerers still have their 10-11k absorb shield left and soo many players are spec'ing in medium/heavy, healers still rely on light armor for the 10% crit. This is also for another topic..... :)
    Edited by Francescolg on March 30, 2015 11:46AM