The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Choices . . .

DoctorSwampy
DoctorSwampy
✭✭✭
Hey everyone, I was wondering if you could help me out. I have 3 VR14 tons and I'm trying to decide if I want to play them or level a toon.
As it stands, these are my current characters:
Swamps, VR14 DK AD (My main)
SECOND VR14 DK AD (May go Stamina build)
VR14 NB AD (I'd go Sap Tank)
LVL 37 SORC DC (I'd want to go mega glass cannon)
Or I could level a Templar.
Please have some reason behind your explaination, I'm looking for some kind of friendly advice as I am stumpted and want to switch it up a bit. If you have a build for any of then youd like to recommend as well, feel free!
  • DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭
    As an FYI, I'm going to PVP with these toons more than anything, which is why I ask here of all places.
    Edited by DoctorSwampy on March 26, 2015 1:04PM
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are all totally different.... with different playstyles.

DK's are more tanky
    Templars good all rounders
    NB's make the best gankers
    Sorc's are mobile and great at range

What kind of playstyle do you enjoy the most?

Everybody could give you their opinion on what they think is the best class for PvP... but you may play it & hate it.

Of course you already have 2 classes at V14... so why not look for a common PvP build for those... give them a try for a week each & see what you enjoy if you aren't sure?
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    They are all totally different.... with different playstyles.

DK's are more tanky
    Templars good all rounders
    NB's make the best gankers
    Sorc's are mobile and great at range

What kind of playstyle do you enjoy the most?

Everybody could give you their opinion on what they think is the best class for PvP... but you may play it & hate it.

Of course you already have 2 classes at V14... so why not look for a common PvP build for those... give them a try for a week each & see what you enjoy if you aren't sure?
    Well I more or less am just looking for ideas. I've played the game since beta and I'm just trying new things. I know what all the classes can do and I've seen them in action in the oddest of ways. I'm just looking for anything and turn this into a discussion of sorts. I like hearing the opinions of others, I'm just looking to do something different from my DK. I would like to level a Templar or Sorcerer considering I dont have one of them at VR.
    I'm also very bad at wording things I suppose so if anything in the original post isnt clear let me know.

Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well in that case for PvP Sorcs & Templars are both very strong.

If you are looking for something totally different to your DK then try a Sorc.

Despite the problems of the class in some areas of PvE... they are very good in PvP & a lot of fun.

Mobile... fun to play (Especially if you like electrocuting things!), very sustainable & hard to kill in PvP once you know how to play them.

That being said... I love my Templar in PvP too... very good magicka caster with a tanky/surivivable build at the same time... and also gives lots more group utility than my Sorc does.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Options
  • DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭
    Well in that case for PvP Sorcs & Templars are both very strong.

If you are looking for something totally different to your DK then try a Sorc.

Despite the problems of the class in some areas of PvE... they are very good in PvP & a lot of fun.

Mobile... fun to play (Especially if you like electrocuting things!), very sustainable & hard to kill in PvP once you know how to play them.

That being said... I love my Templar in PvP too... very good magicka caster with a tanky/surivivable build at the same time... and also gives lots more group utility than my Sorc does.
    Yeah, I've seen sorcs and Temps have a lot more capability in PvP to do damage and (Sorc's somewhat) take damage at the same time. My DK is more for surviving while doing moderate amounts of damage but definitely is not going to win a dps race.
    I run with my guild a lot as well, so I feel I may try Templar if I do make one, but again it's all up in the air.
    What type of builds do you have on your Sorc and Templar?

Options
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar or Sorcerer.

Why?

Because Jesus Beam Convinced Me To Do So.

No seriously, I'll be making a Templar or Sorcerer soon Swampy, I dunno when, but soon, so whatever you wanna make I'll level with you. Kind of leaning more towards Altmer Sorcerer, but Imperial Templar sounds nice to, dunno if I'd want to heal or DPS though...
    Edited by Panda244 on March 26, 2015 4:14PM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

At the mo on my Sorc its the same as most... but I'm keeping bound Aegis up for the extra 8% magicka. The armor/spell resist buff is fairly minor... but more magicka = bigger shields.

The rest is pretty standard:

Bar1
    Crystal Frags
    BoL
    Force pulse (Would be crushing shock if I PvP'ed all the time)
    Hardened ward
    Bound Aegis
    Shooting star (Ulti)

Bar2
    Curse
    BoL
    Mages wrath
    Surge / impulse / liquid lightning / destructive clench (Depending on my mood & what I'm doing)
    Bound Aegis

5 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy all geared around spell power/magicka stacking.

Tonight though I'm going to try a slightly different setup involving swapping the 5 light out for 5 heavy seducer... theoretically better protection, and the seducer set should keep the sustain up, but slightly less spell power. Will see how it goes. May be pointless as I keep shields up most of the time :)
    Edited by Flaminir on March 26, 2015 5:23PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i start loving my hybrid DK more and more the last few days, beating the peep out of sorcs is just to easy. the only down side are multiple templars spamming their jesus beams at me but no one is supposed to survive multiple attackers for a longer time.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Templar or Sorcerer.

Why?

Because Jesus Beam Convinced Me To Do So.

No seriously, I'll be making a Templar or Sorcerer soon Swampy, I dunno when, but soon, so whatever you wanna make I'll level with you. Kind of leaning more towards Altmer Sorcerer, but Imperial Templar sounds nice to, dunno if I'd want to heal or DPS though...
    I kind of want to make a sorc too but mine is on DC. I guess I could always be your healer on AD, Panda. ;P

At the mo on my Sorc its the same as most... but I'm keeping bound Aegis up for the extra 8% magicka. The armor/spell resist buff is fairly minor... but more magicka = bigger shields.

The rest is pretty standard:

Bar1
    Crystal Frags
    BoL
    Force pulse (Would be crushing shock if I PvP'ed all the time)
    Hardened ward
    Bound Aegis
    Shooting star (Ulti)

Bar2
    Curse
    BoL
    Mages wrath
    Surge / impulse / liquid lightning / destructive clench (Depending on my mood & what I'm doing)
    Bound Aegis

5 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy all geared around spell power/magicka stacking.

Tonight though I'm going to try a slightly different setup involving swapping the 5 light out for 5 heavy seducer... theoretically better protection, and the seducer set should keep the sustain up, but slightly less spell power. Will see how it goes. May be pointless as I keep shields up most of the time :)

Sounds pretty solid, actually! Sorc is a fun class and I love BE a ton, but Templars are just hilariously easy to wreck people with just spamming Sun Shield.
    Options
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    i start loving my hybrid DK more and more the last few days, beating the peep out of sorcs is just to easy. the only down side are multiple templars spamming their jesus beams at me but no one is supposed to survive multiple attackers for a longer time.

Haha. Same with me; loving my hybrid DK. Can still be op in PvP if built right. :smiley: However, I need to be lvling my little AD Templar... Our guild seems to need more healers and my stam nb can't be the healer she used to be anymore, considering I'd have to respec attributes every time I needed to switch between heals and DPS. And getting my v1 Sorc to v14 and figuring out some builds for her with that would be great, too. I'll need to ask some more advice for that. :b

Anyway, Swampeh, lvl a char. :smiley: Need to have one of each class at v14. :)
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds pretty solid, actually! Sorc is a fun class and I love BE a ton, but Templars are just hilariously easy to wreck people with just spamming Sun Shield.
    I wouldn't say templars wrecking people with sun shield anymore. It hits like 3k at best and 6k shield with average health.

I tell you my thoughts on templars as it's my only character since release but it's not whining or crying all around. Just how I feel when I do pvp lately.

Magicka templars are good for group play with all the "buffs", heals and jesus beam. Mostly beam actually..
    Anyway if they are melee, then they rely on jabs mostly to do some dmg. I personally not a big fan of that skill. Sure it has good damage but it also leaves you vulnerable to everything due to its channeled nature just like beam execute. If you cancel it for example to block a CC, you loose full cost magicka unlike cast timed skills. And the last changes on it, just make it free CC immunity for your opponent.
    Sun mage style is not viable at all. Too much cast time and channeled skills to use in that efficiently. Any decent player with working eyes can stun/interrupt you each time you try to attack. Actually, I personally don't thrust any magicka templar build atm for 1v1 and 1vX. You get less stamina to block and break stuns before all these negativities of class skills. But they are good for zerging and zapping people with beam. They are only good at that business. Yet whole class got just downgraded for that beam execute tbh and it's so sad.

Stamina templars with 2h weapon are somewhat good with their high burst, only with weapon skills. (Notice that only with weapon skills. Any class can use them.) But their tankiness and sustainability is terrible right now. They were god in 1.5 just because they had good defence and sustain. (This applies for magicka builds also.) This is not working anymore in 1.6. Because of the radiant aura, mending passive and blazing shield nerfs plus the changes to the health and magicka pools left templars with little active defence and sustain. Blazing shield, which is our good old tanking skill's strength, damage and cost are triple nerfed directly and indirectly through resource pools. And on top of that 15% less shield strength in Cyrodiil...

Oh man we are so screwed haha
    Edited by Soris on March 26, 2015 10:59PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • DoctorSwampy
    DoctorSwampy
    ✭✭✭
    Soris_ESO wrote: »
    I wouldn't say templars wrecking people with sun shield anymore. It hits like 3k at best and 6k shield with average health.

I tell you my thoughts on templars as it's my only character since release but it's not whining or crying all around. Just how I feel when I do pvp lately.

Magicka templars are good for group play with all the "buffs", heals and jesus beam. Mostly beam actually..
    Anyway if they are melee, then they rely on jabs mostly to do some dmg. I personally not a big fan of that skill. Sure it has good damage but it also leaves you vulnerable to everything due to its channeled nature just like beam execute. If you cancel it for example to block a CC, you loose full cost magicka unlike cast timed skills. And the last changes on it, just make it free CC immunity for your opponent.
    Sun mage style is not viable at all. Too much cast time and channeled skills to use in that efficiently. Any decent player with working eyes can stun/interrupt you each time you try to attack. Actually, I personally don't thrust any magicka templar build atm for 1v1 and 1vX. You get less stamina to block and break stuns before all these negativities of class skills. But they are good for zerging and zapping people with beam. They are only good at that business. Yet whole class got just downgraded for that beam execute tbh and it's so sad.

Stamina templars with 2h weapon are somewhat good with their high burst, only with weapon skills. (Notice that only with weapon skills. Any class can use them.) But their tankiness and sustainability is terrible right now. They were god in 1.5 just because they had good defence and sustain. (This applies for magicka builds also.) This is not working anymore in 1.6. Because of the radiant aura, mending passive and blazing shield nerfs plus the changes to the health and magicka pools left templars with little active defence and sustain. Blazing shield, which is our good old tanking skill's strength, damage and cost are triple nerfed directly and indirectly through resource pools. And on top of that 15% less shield strength in Cyrodiil...

Oh man we are so screwed haha
    See, I see templars still do crazy stuff when it comes to living and damaging, but I'm also a fan of supporting my teams when I play games like that. I can support in any way in all honesty, but I love templar skills and capabilities in general. It would also be a refreshing change from DK with more healing and such.

Options