The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New player looking for tips

Nephiah
Nephiah
✭✭
Greetings!

I've been wanting to try out this game, and I finally have time to be able to do so, I've mostly played WoW and FF ARR, and I've mostly played Casters / Healers, and the occasional Rogue.

I'm wanting to try out a melee DPS, and was considering giving Dragonknight a shot as I'm interested in Heavy Armor and Two-handed weapons.

Any suggestions on a class that would accommodate those two things? I have a Sorcerer to level 17, but I figured I would see if I could find the type I'm after =)
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup DK for both a magicka caster or melee stam. Pair it with Imperial or Dunmer races.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Agree Dumner or Imperial

Dummner Magic based DPS Spelll damage

Imperial Stamina based Tank or consider Redguard. Weapon damage Sounds like you are leaning this way

That is how I would play it
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Nephiah
    Nephiah
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the tips =D