The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When I reinstall ESO will I still have access to my character?

fredrock46b14_ESO
Hi,
I'm about to format my hard drive and reinstall Windows.
When I reinstall ESO will I still have access to my character? Or should I do something beforehand to ensure she is not deleted?
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your character is stored on the server. All you will need to do is log in with your valid account.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, you'll still have all your characters afterwards :)
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing you may want to do @fredrock46b14_ESO is save the contents of the ESO folder in your Documents tree. That's where you'll find UserSettings.txt which will save you having to re-setup many of the settings you likely have changed.

Also, if you're into this sort of thing, your Screenshots are in a folder in that tree as well.

Of course, if you run a half-decent back regime then all this stuff will be safe, but not everyone does so ... ;)

As @Shunravi said, everything about your character is server-side but PC-related info is stored on your PC.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on March 25, 2015 7:12PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    I'm about to format my hard drive and reinstall Windows.
    When I reinstall ESO will I still have access to my character? Or should I do something beforehand to ensure she is not deleted?

One thing you might want to do is backup your ZOS folder, then put it back after the reformat. Then when you download the launcher again, you may just have to choose Repair and not have to download the whole game again. Not sure if you need to grab what is in My Documents too, but grab that also.

This may or may not work, and there is a thread floating around here about backing up the PTS that details how to do this. Search for that.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you run any addons make sure you backup your ...\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables folder or you will lose all of your addon settings. This would probably be no more than an inconvenience except for addons such as HarvestMap - it would not be nice to lose all of those hard won crafting node map pins...