The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Fossilize...

SRIBES
SRIBES
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not one to complain/cry over abilities but fossilize is absolutely broken, here's why:
It's unblockable.
It roots for four seconds after the duration ends.
It lasts twenty seconds.
If they do not break it or are damaged before the duration ends it does NOT give CC immunity.
As someone who has a VR14, alliance rank 23 DK I think it needs a nerf, it's silly how OP it is.
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    Fossilize doesn't give CC immunity if you don't break it, it's not just powerful it's bugged.

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on March 25, 2015 8:14PM
    Options
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now you can deal with it decently. once more DK's figure what how the bility works, there will be infinitely more QQ here.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    Right now you can deal with it decently. once more DK's figure what how the bility works, there will be infinitely more QQ here.

i can definitley see that,

why do they get this soft cc as instant cast but sorcs has a 2 second cast, i lols every time.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
    Options
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not one to complain/cry over abilities but fossilize is absolutely broken, here's why:
    It's unblockable.
    It roots for four seconds after the duration ends.
    It lasts twenty seconds.
    If they do not break it or are damaged before the duration ends it does NOT give CC immunity.
    As someone who has a VR14, alliance rank 23 DK I think it needs a nerf, it's silly how OP it is.

It is extremely hard for melees because u have to break and dodgeroll in combination.
    It is easy for ezereth as sorc to say "deal with it".

I agree, we have problems here, it costs me so much stamina every time, just as mines in a different way, u charge the sorc, get insane dmg and u are rooted aswell. Makes him only watch me die. Many things need to be rethinked but the numbers of dks and sorcs are insane and their voice in the forum is too strong.

Its simply *** to grant free cc immunity on a main attack like jabs because it was able to stunnlock and now other skills do so and even worse.
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC abilities are always over-powered in PvP. They are also annoying as _____.

They should just get rid of them. Freezing someone in place so they can't even play their character is just a cheesy gimmick people often confuse with strategy. But there is nothing strategic about fighting someone who can't even move.

They should have never nerfed unstoppable. That at least provided an effective counter for players who actually wanted to enjoy PvP without having to deal with this kind of lame gameplay. So I'm indifferent now toward if ever I step into Cyrodil again. I just have better ways to spend my day than getting annoyed because I can't even control my character.

Edited by Jeremy on March 25, 2015 1:23PM
    Options
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can't they break? like, yknow, mashing your left/right mouse or double-tapping a direction?

what? people can't afford a tiny bit of stamina?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    can't they break? like, yknow, mashing your left/right mouse or double-tapping a direction?

the tiny bit of stamina is 6k+ for petrify
    you have to break the disable component by a break free to deny the WB throwing you through the air and stunlocking you on the ground in combination with the second part of the petrify cc the root wich as knockdown+root is unbreakable giving the DK the time to aply 2 further WB if you are able to survive that amount of dmg.
    and when you have broken the innitialdisable petrify is so nice to immediatly root you wich has to be broken by rolling or you are eating the allready started WB wich will end in another charge - and the story starts from the beginning again as petrify does not grant any cc imunity ...
    Edited by Tankqull on March 25, 2015 3:55PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

when you have broken the innitialdisable petrify is so nice to immediatly root you wich has to be broken by rolling or you are eating the allready started WB wich will end in another charge - and the story from the beginning again as petrify does not grant any cc imunity ...

Breaking free from petrify does grant immunity.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you have to break the disable component by a break free to deny the WB throwing you through the air and stunlocking you on the ground in combination with the second part of the petrify cc the root wich as knockdown+root is unbreakable giving the DK the time to aply 2 further WB if you are able to survive that amount of dmg.
    and when you have broken the innitialdisable petrify is so nice to immediatly root you wich has to be broken by rolling or you are eating the allready started WB wich will end in another charge - and the story from the beginning again as petrify does not grant any cc imunity ...

yup

petrify needs a cast time, just like all the other of these soft cc abilities already have. i mean who thought it was a good idea to have an instant cast soft cc with a root at the end of it, its an instant set up for any combo you can think of and no way to counter it. looking at you mr. @ericwroble. this cheese needs to be looked into.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

and when you have broken the innitialdisable petrify is so nice to immediatly root you wich has to be broken by rolling or you are eating the allready started WB wich will end in another charge - and the story from the beginning again as petrify does not grant any cc imunity ...

yup

petrify needs a cast time, just like all the other of these soft cc abilities already have. i mean who thought it was a good idea to have an instant cast soft cc with a root at the end of it, its an instant set up for any combo you can think of and no way to counter it. looking at you mr. @ericwroble. this cheese needs to be looked into.

I have to disagree here. Every class has some ability that forces a player to consume stamina to break free. Nightblades have fear, DKs Petrify, Templar Eclipse, and Sorcs Rune Prison. Each ability has strengths and weaknesses. Fear is the strongest ability, followed by Fossilize, Defensive Rune, and then Eclipse but they are all pretty powerful and unique.

There are plenty of counters too it. Watch my video against Sheliza, he cast petrify on me constantly and I ignored it.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

yup

I have to disagree here. Every class has some ability that forces a player to consume stamina to break free. Nightblades have fear, DKs Petrify, Templar Eclipse, and Sorcs Rune Prison. Each ability has strengths and weaknesses. Fear is the strongest ability, followed by Fossilize, Defensive Rune, and then Eclipse but they are all pretty powerful and unique.

There are plenty of counters too it. Watch my video against Sheliza, he cast petrify on me constantly and I ignored it.

to be fair the dude is a tank, he doesnt have the burst like bae come back or skaffia. face those guys all night and see how much cheese that ability is when its followed by a wrecking blow and you cannot cc break because of that stupid bug that still exists where a soft cc and a hard cc going at the same time is not cc breakable. other people are starting to catch on and cheesing this crap up.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

yup

to be fair the dude is a tank, he doesnt have the burst like bae come back or skaffia. face those guys all night and see how much cheese that ability is when its followed by a wrecking blow and you cannot cc break because of that stupid bug that still exists where a soft cc and a hard cc going at the same time is not cc breakable. other people are starting to catch on and cheesing this crap up.

I haven't had unbreakable CC in a long time (although I had a bug earlier this week where all of my abilities were greyed out but I could move my character and I could "Break free" unlimited times but it wouldn't do anything other than consume my stamina. The bug also persisted through death) , but that is another bug and yeah I was only pointing to the video to say that you can break free every 8 seconds with no problem with the right build.

Perhaps it is too powerful though with the root added along with the CC. As a sorc who also runs purge I dont have a problem with it but I can see how many others could.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yup

I haven't had unbreakable CC in a long time (although I had a bug earlier this week where all of my abilities were greyed out but I could move my character and I could "Break free" unlimited times but it wouldn't do anything other than consume my stamina. The bug also persisted through death) , but that is another bug and yeah I was only pointing to the video to say that you can break free every 8 seconds with no problem with the right build.

Perhaps it is too powerful though with the root added along with the CC. As a sorc who also runs purge I dont have a problem with it but I can see how many others could.

imagine if you cannot bolt escape and then see the double wammy you take to your stam bar, fortunately for magicka based sorcs its only a cc break (if it works in a timely manner before wrecking blow smacks you in the air). magicka based any other class will get totally reamed by this ability over and over again, having to cc break and dodge roll because there escapes dont let them move in a foward movement like bolt. this ability is totally out of balance in its current state and needs a rework.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    Options
  • ZOS_UlyssesW
    ZOS_UlyssesW
    ✭✭✭
    Hello folks.
    We've removed a few comments from this thread that were violating our Code of Conduct. We ask that everyone stay on topic, and refrain from derailing the conversation. We value and appreciate your continued feedback, but we do ask that it stays constructive. For further details on the type of behavior we expect on our forums, please refer to our Community Code of Conduct and our Community Vision thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • jbcrocks
    jbcrocks
    ✭✭✭
    As magicka dk, I break and charge him first before he charges me and now he's on the defensive :D
    jbcrocks [EP] - Dunmer DK - Vamp since launch - AvA 37
    Chaboyyyhd [EP]- Altmer Sorcerer - AvA 9
    Jb Shadowcloak [EP] - Imperial Nightblade AvA 9
    Commander Soviets [AD] - Bosmer Nightnlade AvA 5

Options
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add cast time like all the other Stun abilitys, And add the Immunity.

now its as worthless as all the other Sleep spells.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
    Options
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does Agony work like this?
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBucket wrote: »
    Does Agony work like this?

Nope
    Options