The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Armor sets for NB SAP tanks

Lilselvag07
I am using a 5 set of hist bark and a 4 set of song of lamae. I wanted to see what other people are using for NB sap tanks
  • corbyone
    corbyone
    I'm sure others will chime in and I'm in the same spot as you currently looking or gear for my new sap tanking build. The only thing I will say is that Hist bark and Mirage (morph of Blur) don;t stack so if you plan to use that ability you should probably use anther set. Some of the better sets seem to be Whitesake and footman for tankiness (is that a word) and/or seducers for more sap spam.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    currently... 5 hist 5 footman 2 bloodspawn. But I am testing others with my playstyle to see if I like them. The big thing about footmans is the jewelry. But there are some other jewelry sets that can work too. I think a good 3 piece jewelry set for tanking comes from PvP, but it's probably dirt cheap because everyone gets it in their rewards of the worthy.

Honestly though, I'm not sure if I would follow anything I say... I have no idea how I keep tanking no death speedruns, I just do... I think it may be because my guild thinks I'm a tank (I'm a dps dammit!)
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Footman's Fortune, Scales of the Dragon.

Use Defensive Posture on your bar for the extra mitigation.

Epic tank? Achieved. Scales of the Dragon may be a little harder to get your hands on now that Ultimate gen has been wrecked, but aside from the jewelry Footman's Fortune is easy to get.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4x alessias bulwark (4x Heavy) [+2x armor + health]
    3x histbark (1x heavy) [+armor +health regen]
    Bow - allesias bulwark
    mace/shield - vampires kiss [+health regen]
    2x mace - deaths wind [+ armor]
    3x stamin cost jewellery

Nightblade now has a 5pc heavy armour passive.
    All stamina on armour.
    All attributes points in stamina.
    Armour reduction.

Problems.
    Everything is great while you have stamina.
    The siphoning morphs (NB and DW) work well to keep you alive
    But damage is low without ultimates and you are a sitting duck with no stamina to block.
    Strife can keep you alive with S&B while you regen.
    But regen is painful.

Really considering sacrificing the armor stats for weapon damage.
    Best sustained 1h heavy attacks is 3500....dual wield 5000.
    You can of course do much higher burst damage with drain power / soul shred after mark target with dual wield on adds using whorlwind and the new DW cloak morph for many major/minor buffs.

I can quite happily enter/solo any public dungeon and boss ..steam in the middle of 8 NPC and wreck them before the stamina is burnt....just. If I marked 1st.
    Armour will deteriorate by the time you finished the dungeon though.
    Then you need to drop the ult syphon.
    No doubt better options out there.

Trying to find the sweet spot between heavy/armour/health vs medium/stamina with the 5pc limitations is my mai problem with 1.6. i have my suspicions CS stamina regen isnt working. The sprint distance difference doesnt seem to change where i run out of stamina.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on March 24, 2015 5:57PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited