The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting Girdles require too many Ingots

akaBruce
akaBruce
I have a problem with the large amount of ingots required to craft a metal Girdle.

Using iron as the base metal:

5 Ingots on something like a Pauldron = 73 def on lvl 1.

5 Ingots on the stupid Girdle = 31 def on lvl 1.

Why should we spend so many ingots on a piece of equipment that provides less than half of some other pieces of armour. I know that the Girdle has a slot of its own and comparing it to another armour slot may seem silly, but it does not excuse the fact that it requires way too many ingots.

I suggest that the number of ingots required to craft Girdles to be reduced by half.

Ty.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would have set this up more like Skyrim was. Items using different things like ingots and leather. Cloth items show buckles on them so every item in the game would require more than just a base material of metal and cloth. Then when crafting a high level item it wouldn't take 18 items of one thing to make it, but a combination of 2-3 things.

Yes, I know it would have been more complicated to program, but would have been a lot more realistic IMO.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • akaBruce
    akaBruce
    I wonder if 2.0.4 will do something about this.
    Options