The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[EU] We NEED MORE campaigns. Quickly!

NerZhulen89
NerZhulen89
✭✭✭
Yesterday (23.03.2015) ALL 4 veteran campaigns were full, and ALL of them completely unplayable due to irresponsible game server.
There was simply nowhere to go to have a decent PvP.

Therefore, we need such a number of campaigns, so there will always be at least one with medium-high population, because at such population the server is able to compute everything in time.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have the feeling that when ZOS is patching one megacluster the other cluster is used to provide the client updates for the other clusters player leading to a horrible pvp performance on top of your issue...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can lag a campaign with 2 groups of 5 players, so no, no need of more campaigns, that will end up in PvE-Empfarm campaigns anyway.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well in theory once the players get up to VR14 and return to PvP... the 30-day campagins will need to be expanded likely... or will end up overpopulated.
    Indeed it is so...
  • tiamak
    tiamak
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday evening, around 8:30 pm, both 30 days campaigns were locked. Had this before and was always able to enter after standing in the queue for at most 15 minutes. Yesterday, however, I entered said queue as patient number 88 and decided to level an alt.

Just wait for a few more days to see how the demand für PvP in its current design develops. If it stays at this level, some additional campaigns would really be needed.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather we have some minor queues (anything under 50) than open up mass campaigns and have dead/buff/trade campaigns again. I was really happy to see that everything was locked last night as it means an end to the days off buff campaigns.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • tiamak
    tiamak
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I would rather we have some minor queues (anything under 50) than open up mass campaigns and have dead/buff/trade campaigns again. I was really happy to see that everything was locked last night as it means an end to the days off buff campaigns.
    Totally agree with you! However, if both 30 days campaigns should turn out to be locked permanently in the next weeks, adding a further campaign might not be too harmful.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alas most of that population was probably PVE related.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tiamak wrote: »
    Totally agree with you! However, if both 30 days campaigns should turn out to be locked permanently in the next weeks, adding a further campaign might not be too harmful.

Imo 30 day campaigns should be vr+ only
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • TheRealDoc
    TheRealDoc
    ✭✭✭

I'd agree, but full populations on a work night does not bode well for the weekend! :smile:

Chuck up one more and see what happens?
  • jbcrocks
    jbcrocks
    ✭✭✭
    It's okay as long as guilds wouldn't run on trains anymore and lag the server :D
    jbcrocks [EP] - Dunmer DK - Vamp since launch - AvA 37
    Chaboyyyhd [EP]- Altmer Sorcerer - AvA 9
    Jb Shadowcloak [EP] - Imperial Nightblade AvA 9
    Commander Soviets [AD] - Bosmer Nightnlade AvA 5

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What the EU really needs is at least one 30-day campaign just for Veteran Rank players.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on March 27, 2015 6:37AM
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's like 0 AD playing on Azuras (whole leaderbroard is full of people playing for like 2-3 evenings a week), at the moment. Don't think AD has much less players overall. Hence I am really not sure more campaigns are doing any good. As long as people are the most comfortable in (bridge) zerging, they'll want to go to wherever the biggest zerg is. Add current trebuchets to the mix and the biggest zerg is by FAR the best opportunity for new/random/solo players to make decent AP.

Even if you add another campaign, there will still be empty campaigns and huge lag/queue on the fullest one.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brian Wheeler said in the twitch interview yesterday, that you'll be getting a campaign soon, maybe on Monday along with other Cyrodiil fixes (siege)... He's very aware and concerned about EUs population issues. He may address it in the Q and A today
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    What the EU really needs is at least one 30-day campaign just for Veteran Rank players.

That was also addressed in his twitch chat. Not.going.to.happen...no Vet only campaigns to be added anytime soon. Their overarching principal is to not impede players playing with friends. Sorry.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just now I logged out of EU chillrend. It was unplayable... So much lag, it was ridiculous! We tried to defend BRK from AD. There were 11 standards standing around and a constant meteor shower coming down. No damage registering at all. People on ts were asking why they couldn't exit the keep at aleswell. All campaigns are locked for 3/3 or 2/3 pops with high population being the minimum. We need more campaigns!!
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged out of Chillrend as well this night and went to play something else, my group was at Aleswell, had like 14 of us fighting 10-ish blues. Nothing too serious. We all had 999+ ping, nothing worked, even afterwards it was still lagging. I'm slowly losing interest in the game again and if ZOS wont do anything about the lag then I'm done.

Thornblade queue for me was 146 at like 11 o clock in the evening...

New campaigns might change something but I'm not getting my hopes up, 12 months in and PvP performance has gotten worse with every patch. Either they need to find more ways to spread people out in Cyrodiil, i.e. objectives, and increase the population caps on the server, idk...

Also ZOS needs to reduce particles on effects, see what happens if they revert the lighting patch from the previous year and the particle patch, but nope, ZOS wont listen, and if they continue to do so, this game will be permanently removed from my PC and l'll find something else to play as I'm sick to death of constant lag and bugs that have been in for 6+ months and not getting fixed.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Bahalul
    Bahalul
    ✭✭✭
    What the players think will fix the lag:
    • fix the codes

What ZOS thinks will fix the lag:
    • increase AOE caps (failed)
    • 1hko siege (failed)
    • AP boost in Cyrodiil delves (failed)
    • add more campaigns (we'll see)
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thornblade is the only active campaign. The others have some limited action a couple of hours a week, but that's it. I was actually checking out Haderus and Azura's Star on Sunday the 5th during prime time. On Haderus, the entire map was blue and like 15 Smurfs were camping 10 Bananas at the AD spawn, no Reds active anywhere on the map. On Azura's Star, the highlight was a 10vs10 keep defense at Faregyl, no other fights visible on the map.

There is absolutely no need at all for more campaigns.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thornblade is the only active campaign. The others have some limited action a couple of hours a week, but that's it. I was actually checking out Haderus and Azura's Star on Sunday the 5th during prime time. On Haderus, the entire map was blue and like 15 Smurfs were camping 10 Bananas at the AD spawn, no Reds active anywhere on the map. On Azura's Star, the highlight was a 10vs10 keep defense at Faregyl, no other fights visible on the map.

Chillrend during prime time is very active on all three campaigns. I have screenshots of sunday the 5th of april (yesterday). Thornblade was locked on all. Chillrend was lock on all. Azura was locked for EP and DC yellow was medium, Haderus was locked for blue, high for EP and medium for DC. The time was 10 PM (GMT+1)

Thornblade is only active campaign? Either we have a different definition of prime time or...
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give up wiith cyrodiil already. It failed, you cant fix it. Add battlegrounds and arenas, maybe you can still salvage a part of your pvp population.
    :]
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iseko wrote: »

Chillrend during prime time is very active on all three campaigns. I have screenshots of sunday the 5th of april (yesterday). Thornblade was locked on all. Chillrend was lock on all. Azura was locked for EP and DC yellow was medium, Haderus was locked for blue, high for EP and medium for DC. The time was 10 PM (GMT+1)

Thornblade is only active campaign? Either we have a different definition of prime time or...

For some reason locked doesn't actually mean locked. I can get in on AD and DC plenty of times right away despite the campaing displaying the locked sign. If you're on EP, you're kinda out of luck, but that is nothing an additional campaign will fix.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD and EP are welcome to come Haderus :)
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD and EP are welcome to come Haderus :)

How os the lag there on a scale from 1-10?
  • Moonheit
    Moonheit
    Soul Shriven
    Need more campaign !!!
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come to Haderus, there is plenty of room for all of you to settle down during prime time.

AD and EP barely got over two bars during the weekend evening times and DC was at three bars, maybe sometimes a queue below 10.... so no, there is no need for another campaign one faction will claim as their buff campaign...

I switched my main campaign to Haderus one week ago and tbh I never experienced a single moment of lag since then although I was playing every evening including weekend for several hours each.
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think we need more campaigns it'd just bring more dead buff campaigns, imo what we need is battlegrounds,

4v4,8v8 inside a map like dsa and do x amount of rounds,

16v16, 24v24 open field battles and for those who like objectives a keep defence and keep offensive battleground where you take turns to see who can capture a keep fastest while one attacks and one defends,

I fully understand it'd be a lot of work on zos's part to accomplish things such as this but atm I don't see the current situation getting any better in the near future as if they open the caps up more it just going to force people to run in even larger numbers which equals more lag and a new campaign will just become a buff server to someone, it really concerns me the number of people I know who've dropped their subs over the past month due to the lag issue in cyro.

all these ideas could work like how trials do on scoring and loot tables could be implemented accordingly.

Edited by azoriangaming on April 13, 2015 9:32AM
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you on campaigns @rdbrown1987 .
    I'd love battlegrounds as well, even if according to some guildies it would drive Cyrodiil campaigns to low population.

Imho atm, but for usual performance issues in some situations, we need more a different scoring system (based on the populations of the 3 alliances) and something for siege weapons.
    The improved damage was a good idea vs zergs and keeps, but it's quite ridicolous when a group outnumbered 1:3 - 1:4 by opponents has also to face sieges.
    I'm not surprised by the current use of sieges, especially when there are several organized big groups also chasing one-two opponents.
    Gladly there are still some few guilds and players looking for a real challenge and avoiding that approach, but with TESO BtP I have the impression in the last month that these are even less than before.
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Player numbers are going down again, in general. EU-campaigns are already loosing players.In 4-8 weeks you'll notice this much more
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because ZoS decides to make it F2P when so many issues are still plagueing the game, So people who returned are slowly leaving again, and people who hated the F2P idea has already left.

GG
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many